NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

So, aside from sparsely used accent colors…the same basic scheme. I would understand if they weren’t division rivals, but come on. 

"sparsely used" 

Helmet: grey crown stripe, facemask, unnecessary key lines on logo

Jersey: entire shoulder is one shade of grey or the other

Pants: only details are two shades of grey

Plus, the Titans are victim to Nike's color incorporation where the red is only sprinkled in on the maker's mark. I don't see Houston moving away from using a lot of red, it's very much color 1A or 1B for them and it would be odd for them to demote it to a tertiary color. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Titans’ secondary color is light blue. The silver is kind of a tertiary, then they have red and dark grey competing to be quatrary. 

I don’t like the idea of two teams in the same division both having double-blue, even leaving out the red bit. 

Whether or not the Texans add light blue, I’d really like to see them make red their dominant color. 

The gray is more dominant than the light blue on their white and navy uniforms pieces.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

This team is really leading us to believe there will be no mixing and matching.

Their official logosheet says that the pants are interchangeable. At least with the Red and White uniforms.

I pointed this out on Twitter, but notice that the numbers on the White jersey are depicted as Red with Silver trim. The fact that they are officially trimmed in Black, points out that some last-minute changes happened. Also rumored were that all 3 pants were supposed to be stripe-less.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, TruColor said:

Their official logosheet says that the pants are interchangeable. At least with the Red and White uniforms.

I pointed this out on Twitter, but notice that the numbers on the White jersey are depicted as Red with Silver trim. The fact that they are officially trimmed in Black, points out that some last-minute changes happened. Also rumored were that all 3 pants were supposed to be stripe-less.

The only reason the black uniform seems to exist is probably because of this last minute change, correct? From my understanding, alternate uniforms have to use a color that is within the primary uniforms. I mean, the “CARDINALS” is in black, but even that’s a stretch.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

The only reason the black uniform seems to exist is probably because of this last minute change, correct? From my understanding, alternate uniforms have to use a color that is within the primary uniforms. I mean, the “CARDINALS” is in black, but even that’s a stretch.

I'm pretty sure. It's why we got the weird state of the Commies road uniform cause Snyder really wanted a black jersey

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

The 49ers were able to use a black jersey despite it only being on the on the logo on the regular jerseys, so the change probably wouldn't have been necessary for that.

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Titans’ secondary color is light blue. The silver is kind of a tertiary, then they have red and dark grey competing to be quatrary. 

I don’t like the idea of two teams in the same division both having double-blue, even leaving out the red bit. 

Whether or not the Texans add light blue, I’d really like to see them make red their dominant color. 

The titans have a muddied dark blue/grey/silver/columbia blue jersey with huge crooked/broken numbers. I don't think there is anything that the Texans could possible come out with that would be confused with the dumpster fire that is the Titans jersey. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

This team is really leading us to believe there will be no mixing and matching.

I'm not sure why teams put out tweets like that when they're guaranteed to receive mostly negative comments.  Some are even mildly entertaining.  On the other hand, I love how people post their concepts and are so adamant "WOULD THIS HAVE BEEN SO HARD?!?!?" when they're designs are considerably worse.  Also sad is that so many people feel like there needs to be a state flag somewhere on them.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'm not sure why teams put out tweets like that when they're guaranteed to receive mostly negative comments.  Some are even mildly entertaining.  On the other hand, I love how people post their concepts and are so adamant "WOULD THIS HAVE BEEN SO HARD?!?!?" when they're designs are considerably worse.  Also sad is that so many people feel like there needs to be a state flag somewhere on them.

Remember the '90 season with 90 days until the Cardinals' 2020 opener |  Cards Wire

If this was a new design today, people would say it is really unnecessary having the cardinal logo, and the state flag interrupting the sleeve stripes.

Preseason Football editorial stock photo. Image of bears - 117969688

And this, I would say the sleeve stripe could've been bigger if not for the state flag which is just now floating there on the sleeve.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, batman1211 said:

The titans have a muddied dark blue/grey/silver/columbia blue jersey with huge crooked/broken numbers. I don't think there is anything that the Texans could possible come out with that would be confused with the dumpster fire that is the Titans jersey. 

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is, "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never underestimate Nike's ability to make another dumpster fire when given too much creative freedom by a team."

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is, "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never underestimate Nike's ability to make another dumpster fire when given too much creative freedom by a team."

Inconceivable!

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, TruColor said:

Even if the official sheet said they weren't, the individual equipment managers are making the ultimate decisions. 

They're the ones who put the pants in the lockers so if they really want to mix, they'll do it. 

USATSI_19117707_168392721_lowres.jpg?w=9

USATSI_17095027_168392742_lowres.jpg?w=9

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Even if the official sheet said they weren't, the individual equipment managers are making the ultimate decisions. 

They're the ones who put the pants in the lockers so if they really want to mix, they'll do it. 

Umm...the equipment managers are not the ultimate decision-makers on what teams wear on gameday.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Umm...the equipment managers are not the ultimate decision-makers on what teams wear on gameday.

Sure technically the players are putting the pants/tights/jerseys on but barring a Chris Sale moment, the equipment folks are the ones taking the stuff out of storage and into lockers in a "Who run Barter Town" sort of way.

• Huh? 1

Someone posted this swap in reply to the Cardinal's "fashion" tweet, and it makes things feel so much better:

FwMziqcX0AAm7s4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Of course, it would be better yet if the socks were swapped, too.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, TruColor said:

That is good to hear, but do teams actually follow those things anymore? Seems like teams mix and match whatever they feel like these days. Did the 2021 Jets and Eagles' sheets say they could pair black pants with the white jerseys, for instance?

8 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Someone posted this swap in reply to the Cardinal's "fashion" tweet, and it makes things feel so much better:

FwMziqcX0AAm7s4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Of course, it would be better yet if the socks were swapped, too.

Now swap the red and white sock and we would really have a good set

• Like 7