NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

I was today years old when I realized this connection...and now I feel dumb. 

Pardon me while I go cry in the car truck...

Do you have room in the passenger seat for me?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Fixed Colts stripes on the new template possibly? I know it's a video game but the Colts stripes looked like they did on the left in real life for awhile.

ce14agpmre7b1.png

1340804833.jpg

I feel like this complaint was overblown.  It was improved on the Vapor Untouchable template, which the Colts only wore with their Color Rush set:

gettyimages-1065232172.jpg

Not sure how anyone could complain about that.

[dodges incoming complaints)

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I feel like this complaint was overblown.  It was improved on the Vapor Untouchable template, which the Colts only wore with their Color Rush set:

gettyimages-1065232172.jpg

[dodges incoming complaints)

Colts should really run with that shade of blue across the board instead of their almost navy they use for their logos

• Like 3

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

2 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Colts should really run with that shade of blue across the board instead of their almost navy they use for their logos

When I plucked that off of Google, I thought the image was enhanced.  Likely edited but it's not far off and depends on lighting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Admit it... you said this just to get under everyone's skin.

This...

spacer.png

Will NEVER not look better than this...

spacer.png

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Meh 1

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Respectfully disagree.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 3

That Lions helmet is sharp, but it just doesn’t look like it belongs on an NFL field.  Looks like one of those merch helmets a dude would put in his man cave or behind his desk at work.

• Like 13
  • LOL 2

33 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

That Lions helmet is sharp, but it just doesn’t look like it belongs on an NFL field.  Looks like one of those merch helmets a dude would put in his man cave or behind his desk at work.

Or in the background of an irrelevant video situated on the top shelf in the team equipment manager’s office and that makes everyone think it’s a clue to future plans.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

we just not gonna talk about how the blue is way to bright and looks like eléctrico blue and slightly panthery 

We have yet to see these in normal game lighting.  The Lions blue has always towed the line between regular royal blue and Panthers process blue.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This...

spacer.png

spacer.png

And just for the sake of comparison, I present these:

USATSI_20518393.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

USATSI_15336215-1.jpg?w=1000

Spring Game 2023 Gallery:  https://lsusports.net/news/2023/04/24/gallery-football-spring-game/ also has them wearing the old jerseys and they just look....old.

It's subjective.  But I feel the newer template, with the clean cut across the horizontal seam, looks cleaner, sleeker, and just better overall.  My opinion.

And I wore the old style in high school, so I should be partial, but I'm not.

• Like 2

LSU's full shoulder loop experiment was a disaster. The stripe wasn't running under anything, so it just looked like a drape hanging down to their armpits. So unnatural, forced, bad. 

It's my taste alone, but having shoulder stripes simply crest the shoulder and cut off at the collarbone makes much more sense -- plus gives some breathing room. 

Of course, it looked like Nike had finally gotten it right with the last template -- unfortunately it was only doable for certain jersey cuts. 

Carolina Panthers 2022 season opener countdown: 11 days to go - Cat Scratch  Reader

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Shoulder loops are about width. Traditionally, loops have been the same width and proportion of Brashier stripes on pants. 

Now that width is a little too much for the jersey cut to really handle. You can see how the LSU template where the stripes go all the way down look a little off. 

Under Armour solved this problem by making the loops narrower while Nike bipasses the issue by cutting the off. I think both work and its a matter of taste. Note that UCLA with UA didn't need to think about matching pant stripe width because UCLA has no pant stripes.

breaking2.LK_.jpg

21_ACB.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Shoulder loops are about width. Traditionally, loops have been the same width and proportion of Brashier stripes on pants. 

Now that width is a little too much for the jersey cut to really handle. You can see how the LSU template where the stripes go all the way down look a little off. 

Under Armour solved this problem by making the loops narrower while Nike bipasses the issue by cutting the off. I think both work and its a matter of taste. Note that UCLA with UA didn't need to think about matching pant stripe width because UCLA has no pant stripes.

breaking2.LK_.jpg

21_ACB.jpg

I'm not sure how you can justify a 'shoulder loop' as being about width. If it isn't a loop, it [wait for it] isn't a loop.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.