NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

The blue seems too vibrant.

This is a daylight game.  Obviously lighting is a factor when making these comparisons, but this seems a little far off:

gettyimages-56624511.jpg?w=700

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I only had three problems with the Seahawks' uniforms of that era.

1. The sleeve caps being a different color from the rest of jersey. Seemed unnecessary.
  2. The inclusion of the helmet logo on the sleeves. If an alternate logo was created for this set in it's place it would have looked better off to me.
  3. The alternate versions they ended up unveiling. Mainly the navy blue pants. The jerseys might have been better off had the numbers been slate blue instead white.

1. This is actually a positive for me though not necessarily the contrast itself as the method in which it was done. The Seahawks did something rather remarkable and replicated the old rounded should yoke that you would see on old durene or wool jerseys. But they filled in the sleeve portion not the shoulder section creating a sleeve seem that had a rounded cutout. It was simultaneously retro and modern.

Browns-v-Seahawks-797a68d6efa69714c2de1a

2. It was definitely a little small and something better could have gone there but it doesn't drag down the set for me because so hard to notice.

3. When they used the navy pants in 2009, something felt off to me. I think it was that the stripe pattern had to change for the first time which threw it off. (Not showing the lime green tops because I don't think that's a fair representation).

103393757_original.jpg?1282777162

My only real complaint is that because the Seahawks wore solid white on the road (which works thematically) we rarely go the chance to see the slate blue dazzle fabric in the sunlight (Seattle being Seattle and all) and by God did those things glisten when they got their chance.

Seahawks2002.jpg

• Like 10

On 7/21/2023 at 7:08 AM, henburg said:

I think it would be better for Washington to stick with Commanders at this point, feels like a really big ask to get the public to remember and commit to a new nickname for the 3rd time. The name "Commanders" has never really been the issue anyway, it's really just the uniforms that make it stink. I could get on a board with a visual rebrand that commits more to the visual tradition of the team, but the name is not unsalvageable. 

Amen. I would much rather Washington stick it out with Commanders than change it to something lame & stupid like "Redtails". I would also like very much to see Washington change the uniform design back to the Washington Football Team era, but bring back the white & gold stripes on the helmet. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

Yeah I don't get why the Titans are doing this either. This seems like throwback for throwback's sake. At least with the other teams they're bringing back looks from their past that fans and their city have connected with. The Tennessee Oilers were a complete joke that couldn't get anyone in the state to care about them until they moved into a new stadium and rebranded as the Titans.

To me it seems like they are doing it just so the Texans cant lay claim to the identity in any way. How will they look now if they introduce a faux back similar to these?

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

This makes me want to cry…

…because it’s not really Houston. 

Tennessee doesn't deserve the Oilers identity after changing their name, uniform and all likeness to the Oilers brand, having evolved into a team whose primary colors are now navy and silver.

Also, nothing's stopping the Texans from doing this:

Fgr6WXPVsAEW8Pf?format=png&name=large

D3cTPPxWwAA0oj1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Yawn 2

6uXNWAo.png

32 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Tennessee doesn't deserve the Oilers identity after changing their name, uniform and all likeness to the Oilers brand, having evolved into a team whose primary colors are now navy and silver.

D3cTPPxWwAA0oj1.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's a few things that are stopping them.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Fun fact: The Seahawks are the only NFL team that has never worn white at home.

They’re also the only team to play in the AFC and NFC championship games…I think.

• Like 7

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

48 minutes ago, Cujo said:

D3cTPPxWwAA0oj1.jpg

I'm hoping something like this next year 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

19 minutes ago, raz said:

They CAN'T. The Titans own it. 

I 100% believe that's a bogus rumor someone on the boards pulled out of their ass and CCSLC geeks ran with.

To add, the Bengals and Browns colors are purposely alike, play in the same division, and the NFL isn't enforcing anything.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

I 100% believe that's a bogus rumor someone on the boards pulled out of their ass and CCSLC geeks ran with.

To add, the Bengals and Browns colors are purposely alike, play in the same division, and the NFL isn't enforcing anything.

Wasn’t the Bengals color scheme originally an AFL eff you from Paul Brown?

• Like 2

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14