NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

15 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/the-story-behind-the-titans-unveiling-oilers-throwback-uniforms

Why are they replacing the current light blue jersey entirely if they aren’t even wearing these the full three times? They’ve been wearing the light blue jerseys three games every year since 2019. That part is disappointing. Light blue over navy was their best look with the current mess of a uniform set.

I’d actually say navy jerseys and socks with light blue pants work better for their current set. Of course, all of it pales in comparison to this. 

• Like 1

It's funny that Rodgers is basically wearing a Packers jersey with the fill tool clicked a couple of times.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

Here's my hot take...

Get rid of the Titans. Tennessee Oilers and Houston Texans. 

"Titans" as a name had potential but between the super "turn of the millennium" first set and the Toronto Argos-lite second set... between their most notable moment being losing the Super Bowl by a yard and getting pantsed by the Brady Pats in the snow, what great legacy do the Titans have? McNair? George? They were Tennessee Oilers too. 

No, Tennessee Oilers doesn't make a lot of sense but who cares? Neither does Los Angeles Lakers. Bring the Oilers back... in Nashville. Let it be a weird quirky thing, with awesome uniforms. 

I'd rather see Tennessee stay the Titans and have Houston go back to being the Oilers. Titans is a great sports name in general,  you've got the alliteration which always is a plus, and it ties into the whole "Athens of the South" nickname. It feels like a much more established brand than the Texans, and the Oilers name works better in Houston.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Poor drafting? Irrelevancy?

Curt Warner was a pretty good RB on that team. I think people only remember Bosworth because of being a beast at Oklahoma who couldn't stay healthy in the NFL. That incident pretty much finished him and elevated Bo at the same time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Curt Warner was a pretty good RB on that team. I think people only remember Bosworth because of being a beast at Oklahoma who couldn't stay healthy in the NFL. That incident pretty much finished him and elevated Bo at the same time.

Dave Krieg was a passable quarterback, and Steve Largent got into Canton.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'd rather see Tennessee stay the Titans and have Houston go back to being the Oilers. Titans is a great sports name in general,  you've got the alliteration which always is a plus, and it ties into the whole "Athens of the South" nickname. It feels like a much more established brand than the Texans, and the Oilers name works better in Houston.

What do you mean “Houston go back to the Oilers”? The team never had that name in the first place.

Anyway, Tennessee Titans remain, but adopt the Oilers cosmetic identity. Trash the Greek theme. Go full on Industrialist Titan.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:
20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Dave Krieg was a passable quarterback, and Steve Largent got into Canton.

So you're telling me Seattle had a couple serviceable players between the Largent and Holmgren eras... 

The Seahawks might've been the worst team in the 90s decade. Rock, paper, scissors between them, the Cards and Bengals.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

It's really nice, obviously, but I would've liked it better with the TV numbers on the shoulder and full stripes on the sleeves. 

They were on the cuffs by the time they switched over to the Titans though. The only difference is the size of the cuffs now from then. 

McNair, George nominated for Pro Football Hall of Fame

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I also have a feeling since the Eagles throwbacks will be the Kelly Green, the Jets chose white since so they aren't similar.

The Jets were a WAH team for several seasons in the era in which these were worn, so it makes sense.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

What do you mean “Houston go back to the Oilers”? The team never had that name in the first place.

Do we really need to get bogged down by semantics? Houston's NFL team is currently called the Texans, and their NFL team was previously called the Oilers. Whether or not these were the same team doesn't matter, much like how it didn't matter that the Charlotte Bobcats never technically had the name Hornets before they changed it.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Do we really need to get bogged down by semantics? Houston's NFL team is currently called the Texans, and their NFL team was previously called the Oilers. Whether or not these were the same team doesn't matter, much like how it didn't matter that the Charlotte Bobcats never technically had the name Hornets before they changed it.

Shhhh you’ll awaken the “Utah should be [redacted]” crowd

Do we really need to get bogged down by the Oilers in Houston broken record? It’s not happening. Tennessee and the Adams family clearly choose to keep the name and history to themselves. End of story. Fin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Amazed by how many throwbacks we're getting this season. Well done Nike/NFL! 

The NFL is now the NBA. It will be impossible to tell who is playing immediately in any game. Every team should have at MOST 3 uniforms, all of which being recolors of each other. Anything else is just brand dilution.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 3
  • Sad 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

58 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So you're telling me Seattle had a couple serviceable players between the Largent and Holmgren eras... 

The Seahawks might've been the worst team in the 90s decade. Rock, paper, scissors between them, the Cards and Bengals.

I would actually say the Seahawks were just painfully mediocre in that decade. They had an overall record of 70-90 in the 90s. They were 2-14 in 1992 but hovered around or hit the .500 mark for the rest of the decade. It was not the best decade to be a Seahawks fan but I'd say we probably didn't have it too bad.

• Like 3