NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Since there are rumors that the Broncos are getting new uniforms soon. I believe they introduced the white helmet to get fan feedback only. They are not concerned about it looking awful on the all-orange as it is only a temporary placeholder. I believe it only makes sense to get a feel of the fan reaction before moving towards a permanent change. With that being said, I also believe this exactly what the Detroit Lions are doing with their blue helmet. 

• Like 13

spacer.png

From the "icy" emoji to the follow-up "All in the details" tweet, just about the most trite, by-the-numbers way to do a football uniform unveiling in 2023. The presentation and the uniform itself are perfectly befitting of a MAC team.

Or, I guess, a Big 8 team.spacer.png

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

16 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Oh, Christ. Which of these teams will you not know who's playing if you tune in? Will you not recognize Seattle? Or the Jets? The Vikings?

Stop. It's nowhere near as bad as the NBA or college.

The Seahawks, absolutely. It's a completely different brand and color scheme. It's completely off-brand and looks like a different team. The only reason the Jets and Vikings aren't quite as bad is because their current uniforms really aren't all that different from the throwbacks. But in that case, why even bother? It's like an uncanny valley situation.

For the record, I like all three teams' throwbacks better than their currents. If they chose them to use full-time, I'd be happy about it. I just don't like off-brand alternates. Pick a brand and stick to it.

• Dislike 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

The Broncos white helmet falls into the same category as the Lions blue helmet: totally unnecessary and looks weird within the context of the rest of the uniform/team brand. On its own it’s a sharp helmet I guess, but it looks like it belongs on a bookshelf or a desk.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The Seahawks, absolutely. It's a completely different brand and color scheme. It's completely off-brand and looks like a different team. 

2/10 troll post, we've all been here too long and you're going to have to put more work in with this crowd.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

11 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

"Icy white" is approaching the same level of crap as BFBS at this point

I wasn't a fan of it before this moment, but the trend was certifiably cooked the second the Detroit Lions took the field in plain white pants and socks.

• Like 4

This is so unnecessary. However, if it makes the Broncos wear white socks and sleeves with the color rush orange jersey and pants, I do think that’s a slight upgrade from the previous orange monochrome socks/pants/jersey look. It’s kinda like how Clemson’s all orange uniform kinda works because they don’t wear orange socks.

in my opinion, this:

spacer.png

looks a lot better and more balanced than this:

spacer.pngSimply due to contrasting socks

Wasn’t Color Rush originally a way to work within the one helmet rule restrictions? Now that it’s no longer an obstacle, is it time for teams to do away with the concept altogether?

• Like 15

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

40 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Since there are rumors that the Broncos are getting new uniforms soon. I believe they introduced the white helmet to get fan feedback only. They are not concerned about it looking awful on the all-orange as it is only a temporary placeholder. I believe it only makes sense to get a feel of the fan reaction before moving towards a permanent change. With that being said, I also believe this exactly what the Detroit Lions are doing with their blue helmet. 

It’s a much, much better helmet than what they wear currently, so if this is the plan, it’s at least an upgrade.  I don’t quite get why they would choose to test the audience this way, but whatever.

If Detroit switches to that Blue helmet permanently next year, it’ll be one of the bigger debacles in sports uniform history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lgbaseball8 said:

spacer.png

Navy socks, cleats, gloves, etc. would’ve made this pretty darn good for a monochrome set.

White pants would’ve made it good enough to become the full-timer.

• Like 8