NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Hey, look! It’s Auburn with orange jerseys and a random D.

Denver looks nothing like Auburn whatsoever, besides having the same colors. But sure, dude!

———

This is another example of the stupid NFL rules ruining a decent uniform (others that come to mind are the Saints color rush with black helmet and the Lions gray uniform with blue helmet, though the Lions had a crappy uniform made even worse).

I imagined the Broncos would wear white helmets on the road for all all white look. Never did it cross my mind that they’d tank their best design and try to put a square peg into a round hole like they’ve done here.

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd probably prefer it to this...

spacer.png

I once was a big defender of the set, but ever since I moved to Denver it just feels so tired. The team's performance of late hasn't helped, but seeing those jerseys and that logo all over the place have really attuned me to their flaws. The orange shade is too faded, the jersey design clearly doesn't work with an orange base (and the white uniform has always felt dull), and the logo's aesthetic has been copied to the point of overexposure.

It was a revolutionary uniform for the time and incredibly important to the team's history. However, it's long-past time to move on to something new.

The white helmet doesn't really work with the all-orange set, but at least it gets the team a little bit further away from a navy base.

Edited by SFGiants58
Grammar
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

The Rocky Mountains are flat? Then I suppose it was indeed true "That John Denver sure [was] full of :censored:, man!" Are you sure you didn't take a wrong turn -at Albuquerque & head toward Nebraska instead of Colorado?

The Rocky Mountains are far from flat. The city of Denver, on the other hand, is located on a mountain plateau. The city itself is quite flat. I was shocked by this when I made my first (and so far only) visit to Colorado last year. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

So the new trend is wearing helmets that don’t match anything else at all in the uniform?

First the Lions in Honolulu blue helmets and all grey uniforms and now Denver in white helmets and all orange.  

Yuck.  

You forgot the Colts and their super on-brand black helmets.

It’s funny how a few days of teams bringing back throwbacks has everyone fooled that uniform aesthetics are improving, yet we still have several teams doing stuff like this, which pretty much cancels out any “progress”.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I once was a big defender of the set, but ever since I moved to Denver it just feels so tired. The team's performance of late hasn't helped, but seeing those jerseys and that logo all over the place have really attuned me to their flaws. The orange shade is too faded, the jersey design clearly doesn't work with an orange base (and the white uniform has always felt dull), and the logo's aesthetic has been copied to the point of overexposure.

It was a revolutionary uniform for the time and incredibly important to the team's history. However, it's long-past time to move on to something new.

The white helmet doesn't really work with the all-orange set, but at least it gets the team a little bit further away from a navy base.

It’s not the NFL’s fault. These teams know the rules and are choosing to add random alternate helmets anyway. The Broncos could’ve scrapped their orange Color Rush for a white one and chose not to. This helmet wouldn’t even match their regular road uniform.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

You forgot the Colts and their super on-brand black helmets.

While it’s not exactly on brand for the Colts, contextually speaking at least the black fits with the rest of the uniform it’s paired with. Detroit’s blue and Denver’s white just look disjointed because neither were intended to be used with the uniform they sit on. Indy’s was designed with the uniform in mind.

• Like 2

So why exactly are the Titans dropping the normal Columbia Blue jersey? Are they afraid a completely different style jersey with no trace of red would look too similar to the throwback?

Also, this is Year 6 of the current set with no signs of changing.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The Broncos' white helmet isn't bad. The uniform combo it will be worn with isn't great. A set of matching white pants would be a significant improvement.

• Like 9

Hotter Than July > Thriller

55 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

So why exactly are the Titans dropping the normal Columbia Blue jersey? Are they afraid a completely different style jersey with no trace of red would look too similar to the throwback?

I think that if anything we may see a slightly retooled version of the Snatit's current uniforms in the future. Granted they began their march to relevance in the older set, but they've become—and have somehow managed to stay despite their underachieving ways—relevant in the NFL landscape while trotting out these costumes they call uniforms, and the players (and many of the fans) seem to really like them, so just for those two points alone I don't think we'll see too drastic a change when/if they retool their identity. As for the Oilers throwbacks, well...that's a $$$$ move, plain and simple. And they/the merchandise will move MAJOR numbers, I can just about guarantee it. (I ain't buying none of it, though.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I think that if anything we may see a slightly retooled version of the Snatit's current uniforms in the future. Granted they began their march to relevance in the older set, but they've become—and have somehow managed to stay despite their underachieving ways—relevant in the NFL landscape while trotting out these costumes they call uniforms, and the players (and many of the fans) seem to really like them, so just for those two points alone I don't think we'll see too drastic a change when/if they retool their identity. As for the Oilers throwbacks, well...that's a $$$$ move, plain and simple. And they/the merchandise will move MAJOR numbers, I can just about guarantee it. (I ain't buying none of it, though.)

If they’re insistent on the sword stripe on the jersey, make it an actual stripe. Take the points off the sleeves, straighten the stripe out, move the numbers to the sleeve.

The number font is fine, but there’s no harm in getting a better one.

Make the helmet stripe a standard one. Ditto on the pants stripe.

The team has the material for a good set, but there’s too many fingers on this set.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I'd add the Niners too, since the throwbacks they wore for their last Super Bowl win had some significant differences from their usual look.

Yes but that was just a rare situation where they kind of ran with the NFL 75th anniversary promotion. Their primaries that year and the year after were the classic unit they won the other 4 super bowls in.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:53 AM, bowld said:

Jets NEED to bring this helmet back full time or at least slap this decal on the current ones. Just look at how much better it looks than the current generic font does

spacer.png

spacer.png

The biggest improvement between the old helmet and the current is the white facemask. Jets could have a beautiful 1-2 punch with the current glossy green shell, speedbird wordmark in white and white facemask and a white helmet with a glossy green speedbird wordmark and green facemask

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not to mention the navy numbers and navy helmet/pants. This franchise isn’t the most intelligent when it comes to uniform-related decisions.

Let’s hope with how popular the throwbacks are that they go back to light blue as the primary color if/when they finally rebrand.

19 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If they’re insistent on the sword stripe on the jersey, make it an actual stripe. Take the points off the sleeves, straighten the stripe out, move the numbers to the sleeve.

That would essentially be what they used to have. (And I think the technical term for that is "shoulder yoke".) It's not the sword-point-shaped yoke I have an issue with—in fact that's the one element of their current set I actually do like, and its probably the one signature element of their visual identity...it's something they can build around.

Everything else about that set is doing too much...all of it can go. (Well, okay, except for the two-tone blue, maybe the red.) Navy shell, numbers, sword sheath pants...whatevers, the double-gray especially...all of it can go. All of it.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||