NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 9/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, MNtwins3 said:

It's actually kind of pathetic that Kansas State nails the Cowboys look better than the actual Cowboys

KSU-FB4.jpeg

1229429507.jpg

I’ve loved those uniforms since the ‘90s.  Those plus the awesome Power Cat logo. Then last year their basketball team did those sweet double-purple throwback alts. Kansas State has some fantastic branding much of the time. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:30 PM, jerrylawless3 said:

I'd always been a proponent of the Cowboys converting to navy/gray full time, but I'm starting to think that building around the royal/silver scheme could really work. Maybe find something between the saturated blue from Sunday night and the true silver, and the drop the black accents too.

Something like this could be a solid modern look.spacer.png

It might be a hot take, but I don't think there's a real need for Navy as a color for any team in any sport.

The vast majority would look much better in royal blue and the few others would look better in black.

Navy is the flattest, most boring color and doesn't even let other colors pop off of it the same way that black does.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 5
  • Facepalm 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

27 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Which team that currently uses navy would not be better off changing to royal or black?

Bears, Yankees, Braves, Tigers, off the top of my head. And I’m somebody who isn’t typically keen on navy blue. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I'd remove the Patriots, Texans, and Nationals from this list. I agree that navy has its place in the world of sports design, but way too many teams started adding it throughout the last few decades as uniform colors across sports have gotten darker. Bolder, brighter colors are usually the right call.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Which team that currently uses navy would not be better off changing to royal or black?

Since we were on the topic of the Cowboys, the Cowboys. Their road navy/silver gear looks 100000x better than their home white/royal mess.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

Mods, let me know if this isn't allowed--I know the discussion of concepts came up a few months back--But since we're on the topic of Cowboys color balance, this would be an ideal Cowboys set IMO:

rQWexyV.png

You could throw out the White alt. I just challenged myself to make 3 sets for each team about a year ago and concocted this.

• Like 2

fiowXOD.png