NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 11/30/2023 at 3:34 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I have to say, Arizona's road uniform as looked much better than I anticipated. The one thing I feared was that the shiny material would make the silver sometimes appear as white depending on lighting, but that hasn't been the case in most times I have seen highlights. It's a really nice modern iteration of a classic look -- almost how soccer teams like to re-imagine (well, kind of have to out of necessity) their iconic kit conventions, Arizona did a nice job, in hindsight, of giving us a re-imagined version of their classic look, instead of simply reverting. The choice to keep the grey facemask to bring the combo together was contrarian, but thoughtful. 

Can't say as many nice words about the home. 

They're technically metallic Silver now. Matches with the metallic-like Silver striping and trim.

The Cardinals’ new uniforms are pretty underrated in my opinion — in terms of a team adapting their classic look to the modern era. The home red jersey has no stripes; the road one has the similar classic striping of their old STL whites. If they wore white pants at home and red socks on the road, it would be a near-perfect adaptation. The problem is…they don’t. 

Also, I must be weird or something, because I prefer Arizona’s  previous all-black(Color Rush) uniforms to the new ones…

• Like 9

I still don't see the value in silver as a secondary color instead of black. They've been cardinal and black going back to the Chicago years; the uniform has no black and the logos have no silver. Why change now, and so clumsily at that? Nothing was stopping them from creating a canonical Football Cardinals uniform except themselves.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

I read that silver was added to mimic the look of the very metallic State Farm Stadium.

No, I'm not kidding.

This was the same logic for the Falcons adding some shine to the helmet logo key line and silver/chrome/whatever you want to call it facemasks. Which, I really like their new helmet and the tie-in to the stadium aesthetic. I understand these boards are very split on them though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This was the same logic for the Falcons adding some shine to the helmet logo key line and silver/chrome/whatever you want to call it facemasks. Which, I really like their new helmet and the tie-in to the stadium aesthetic. I understand these boards are very split on them though.

Well the Falcons, unlike the Cardinals, have a precedent for silver, so I always thought of it as a way to tie that in.

I always felt the key line should be Georgia Tech Gold, but anyways.

4 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

Well the Falcons, unlike the Cardinals, have a precedent for silver, so I always thought of it as a way to tie that in.

I always felt the key line should be Georgia Tech Gold, but anyways.

I've always wanted the Falcons to incorporate gold in the uniforms.

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

They did on their original (and current throwback) helmet

spacer.png

Right. As a lifelong Falcons fan, I've noticed(no smart assery) . I was more so talking about when they announced the new uniforms, I wanted them to have some gold to tie in our new soccer team at the time, ATL utd.  If they could have a new set based on the throwback look, that includes gold, that's a top 3 uniform in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve long thought the Broncos’ best throwback look was this one, it’s so much more unique than the Orange Crush:

EiFi31l.jpg

It seems to me like it’d be very adaptable to modern templates, too. Go with the robin’s egg blue helmet, keep the current number font & logo (or update the D horse logo), & you’ve got a winner.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I’ve long thought the Broncos’ best throwback look was this one, it’s so much more unique than the Orange Crush:

EiFi31l.jpg

It seems to me like it’d be very adaptable to modern templates, too. Go with the robin’s egg blue helmet, keep the current number font & logo (or update the D horse logo), & you’ve got a winner.

I'd love to see the Broncos in this color helmet... one of my favorite colorsspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Literally any uniform would have been better than what they did this year

1724730110.15.jpg

Or at least have white pants. But I agree with you, these helmets weren't needed unless you make the rest of the uniform work with them.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What the Broncos should do for their rebrand:

-Modern adaptation of the 1968-1996 home and away uniforms, complete with orange pants with the white jerseys.  Colors: light royal blue, orange, white.

-1997 Navy blue throwback to recognize the Elway Super Bowls (navy alternate helmet). Blue pants double the uniform as a Color Rush if required.

What the Broncos will probably do for their rebrand:

-Adaptation of the color rush unis a la Patriots. Navy helmet with new ridiculous logo shoehorning the 'D' and the robot-horse together. No stripes on the pants.

White uniform elements are black and neon orange.

Colors: navy, neon orange, black, white.

-"Colorado Dispensary Nights" all-black alternate uniforms with neon orange accents and no blue.

-No throwbacks at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

"Colorado Dispensary Nights" all-black alternate uniforms with neon orange accents and no blue.

Thanks for letting us know you don't take uniforms seriously and to skip over all your future posts.

• Huh? 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png