2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Between him and Ben Simons - who fell faster and who will retire first?  My money is on Wentz so he can run some crazy church / gun club up in the Dakotas since he had a million times more passion for that than he ever did at getting better at football.  One reason I wanted the Eagles to win the SB was so he'd have to live knowing that two of his former backups accomplished more than he ever will.  

I guess if he's not ready to hang it up, he could be the veteran backup the team is searching for.  Can you say "awkward"?  Pathetic loser.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Between him and Ben Simons - who fell faster and who will retire first?  My money is on Wentz so he can run some crazy church / gun club up in the Dakotas since he had a million times more passion for that than he ever did at getting better at football.  One reason I wanted the Eagles to win the SB was so he'd have to live knowing that two of his former backups accomplished more than he ever will.  

I guess if he's not ready to hang it up, he could be the veteran backup the team is searching for.  Can you say "awkward"?  Pathetic loser.

Man, what two different career paths both he and Jared Goff are having.  Goff had one of his best seasons in 2022, after playing well in the last five games of 2021.  If Goff repeats in 2023 what he had in 2022 or has even better numbers than he did in 2022 and leads the Lions to a playoff win or two and he's in the MVP conversation for 2023, he's going to get a massive extension.  

How does a fear of milk impede daily tasks, unless one's mandatory task is to drink milk (which it clearly isn't)?

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, See Red said:

I would think his mediocre college career would be the thing that scares teams off. 

Putting the fear of dairy aside, I don't know why he's rated so high by draft experts. He's been largely average in his time at Kentucky and I know Mahomes didn't have a great college career himself, but their styles of play look pretty different. I'm seeing people place Levis in the top five(!) of the 2023 draft and morons like Mel Kiper claiming he'll be a "game changer." I just don't see it... and I don't know if I will.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Putting the fear of dairy aside, I don't know why he's rated so high by draft experts. He's been largely average in his time at Kentucky and I know Mahomes didn't have a great college career himself, but their styles of play look pretty different. I'm seeing people place Levis in the top five(!) of the 2023 draft and morons like Mel Kiper claiming he'll be a "game changer." I just don't see it... and I don't know if I will.

I guess we don't see it because we don't have careers that rely on finding the hidden gem in the pile of sheisse and thus proving how good you are at finding talent whether it's for ESPN or some other hot take factory like Bleacher Report or SBNation. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Both Levis and Anthony Richardson need to do like Mahomes and sit for most of their rookie year.  That's not going to happen with Indy, Las Vegas or Carolina, but I know of two teams where that scenario can happen and both teams play in the NFC North: Detroit and Minnesota.  Yes, in Detroit, Jared Goff had one of his better seasons of his career but is it a one time thing and he regresses like he did in his last few years with the Rams?  Or is it going to be to where he gets a major extension?  The Vikings have Kirk Cousins.  Cousins has only missed two games in his time in Minnesota, but like Goff, he has an expiring contract at the end of 2023.  Plus, those two teams have terrible backups in Nate Sudfeld and Nick Mullens.   We know what Kirk Cousins is.  Both teams take Levis and Richardson gives both rookies time to develop properly.  

Having said that, I think realistically, both the Lions and Vikings will probably draft a QB in the later rounds for whom they can develop and a message to Goff and Cousins not to feel threatened by the rookie.  So names like Aiden O'Connell, Jake Haener, Max Duggan and Stetson Bennett are probably much more realistic then Levis or Richardson for the Lions and Vikings.  

Or they can bring back Sudfeld (Lions) and Mullens (Vikings).   

The Seahawks are another team that the Patrick Mahomes "lets sit him for most of his rookie season" scenario can work for Levis and Richardson, provided that Geno Smith re-signs and how long he signs for.  However, I too think realistically, Seattle will draft a developmental guy in the later rounds, especially if Geno signs for longer than three years.  They can also bring back Drew Lock.  

Eagles fired their most popular defensive assistant Dennard Wilson after he (to some reports) got bitter that he got passed over for the open DC job.  All of their D-Backs credited him - not the former DC - for them having among the best (if not the best) pass defense this year, and notable free agents All Pro James Bradberry and CJ-GJ openly campaigned for him to be promoted.  One article claimed that this could lead to mutiny and the departure of any defensive FA that would receive a similar offer elsewhere.

So since the SB, the Eagles have lost their OC, DC, linebacker coach (promoted to DC in Arizona), and now their DB coach.  That's a hell of a lot of turnover in one offseason.  SB teams generally get raided, but this might be tough to recover from.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Why do I feel like this is finna be a Drew Brees-type situation all over again?

(Which, of course, would be good for New Orleans...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||