2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/jessica-pegula-tennis

I think this is the first time they've actually said what happened to Kim Pegula (co-owner and team president for the Bills and Sabres) but I could be wrong. Heart attack at home, CPR done by one of her daughters, and a really tough road back to any kind of normal. Pretty crazy to think the Pegula family watched Damar Hamlin almost die on the field 6 months after their wife/mother went through a similar thing.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Lol imagine the Tennessee Tradition as a team name

I remember the only real options were Tennessee Copperheads, Tennessee Titans, Tennessee Wolves, Pioneers, and a few others. I remember at the time the league had basically stated somewhere that it would not be a 'collective noun' name. Had to end in an S.

As for Tennessee Vipers... the Tennessee Valley Vipers already existed in Huntsville, Alabama at the time just a short drive down I-65. No way was that name going to be a realistic option. Even if it was available, they weren't going to take an AF2 name if they were trying to be taken seriously.

I also remember a ton of pushback by fans not wanting to give up the Oilers name as Tennessee was the mythical home state of the Clampetts who were from Tennessee when they struck it rich from oil. Even if it were fictitious, it was a contention made back then.

• Like 2

If he buys the Commanders, he's 3/4ths of the way of completing his collection of buying pro sports teams in the NFC East as well as Big 4 Major leagues.  All he would need would be for the Texas Rangers to be for sale and he completes his collection.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Someone with a lil more knowledge on this fill me in on this -- But by asking for your release, you're kinda voiding your existing contract, ya?

Where did it say he is asking for his release? Don't confuse 'I won't accept a trade due to my no-trade clause', with 'please release me'. It's not that tough.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

Eagles likely to have two new coordinators next season.  QB coach Brian Johnson is expected to be promoted to OC - no clue what the plan is on defense.  Jonathan Gannon is possibly going to be named Cardinals HC later today (though the Bengals DC is in the running too.)

Siriani gave up playcalling to Steichen last year so he could focus on being more of a "ceo" type coach, and for the most part, the scheming and playcalling improved dramatically.  No idea how Steichen will do as a HC - I'm not sure how anyone can predict how a coordinator will do once charged with running the whole show.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lou Anarumo stinks, players hate playing for him, and I once saw him steal an ice cream cone from a sick kid. True story. Trust me, you don't want him, Cardinals fans. 

Hopefully that defensive performance by the Eagles last night doesn't deter Arizona from hiring Gannon.

• LOL 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

the Colts will not hire Jeff Saturday unless Steichen does a Josh McDaniels:

It's beyond silly that Jeff Saturday was a finalist for the Colts gig. He went 1-8 (or something close to that), which included the biggest collapse in league history.

6uXNWAo.png

When the NFL rules committee gets together this offseason, the first thing on he agenda has to be to do something about this nonsense...

spacer.png

Lining up 900 lbs. of humanity behind the QB and pushing his butt forward is not how the game was meant to be played.

If this remains legal, they might as well just save some time and automatically award the first down every time a team gets within a yard on third down. 

• Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When the NFL rules committee gets together this offseason, the first thing on he agenda has to be to do something about this nonsense...

spacer.png

Lining up 900 lbs. of humanity behind the QB and pushing his butt forward is not how the game was meant to be played.

If this remains legal, they might as well just save some time and automatically award the first down every time a team gets within a yard on third down. 

Every team is allowed to this this. I don't see the problem here.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png