Cujo

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

NFL has announced the 5 international game “home” teams for 2023:

• Wembley Stadium - Jaguars

• Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Bills

• Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Titans

• Germany - Chiefs

• Germany - Patriots

No word on opponents. Looks like Mexico City has been replaced by a second Germany game.

Azteca Stadium in Mexico City is going thru renovations this year, so the game is not happening in 2023.

I figured out a couple months ago, and I wonder if it's the NFL's endgame, that you could have every team play one International game every year. I'd say starting week 2 going through week 17 (leaving weeks 1 & 18 in the US only). 16 weeks/games x 2 teams. Basically, everybody would get 8 true home and road games plus 1 international game. I'd say the vast majority would be in Europe (England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, etc.) with a Mexico game and maybe a revolving game at various locations around the world (Australia, Africa, South America, etc.). (Some European games can be moved to another continent some years, as well). Would probably be more plausible than having an actual European-based team while achieving their desire of broadening the game worldwide.

I don't know. Just a thought.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Azteca Stadium in Mexico City is going thru renovations this year, so the game is not happening in 2023.

I guess this had to happen at some point before 2025, since they have a World Cup to host. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, McCall said:

I figured out a couple months ago, and I wonder if it's the NFL's endgame, that you could have every team play one International game every year. I'd say starting week 2 going through week 17 (leaving weeks 1 & 18 in the US only). 16 weeks/games x 2 teams. Basically, everybody would get 8 true home and road games plus 1 international game. I'd say the vast majority would be in Europe (England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, etc.) with a Mexico game and maybe a revolving game at various locations around the world (Australia, Africa, South America, etc.). (Some European games can be moved to another continent some years, as well). Would probably be more plausible than having an actual European-based team while achieving their desire of broadening the game worldwide.

I don't know. Just a thought.

I would love for the NFL to have a balanced schedule. Some teams having 9 home games and others 8 is a competitive disadvantage built into the schedule. I know 17 is a stopgap to 18 or a significantly expanded international program, and I think they should get there sooner than later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So here are the possible opponents for the international games:

Jaguars (Texans, Colts, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Chiefs, 49ers)

Bills (Buccaneers, Jaguars, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins)

Titans (Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Seahawks)

Chiefs (Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Bills, Dolphins, Bears, Lions, Bengals, Eagles)

Patriots (Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Commanders, Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Colts, Saints)

Now lets narrow that down removing the Jaguars, Bills, Titans, Chiefs, and Patriots as opponents. NFL has never had a team play two international games in a season, and I doubt they will:

Jaguars (Texans, Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, 49ers)

Bills (Buccaneers, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos, Jets, Dolphins)

Titans (Texans, Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Seahawks)

Chiefs (Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, Lions, Bengals, Eagles)

Patriots (Dolphins, Jets, Commanders, Chargers, Eagles, Colts, Saints)

Now the 49ers, Broncos, Buccaneers, Giants, Saints and Seahawks all played International games for 2022 so more than likey they wont be going abroad again this year so lets remove them:

Jaguars (Texans, Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers)

Bills (Cowboys, Raiders, Jets, Dolphins)

Titans (Texans, Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers)

Chiefs (Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, Lions, Bengals, Eagles)

Patriots (Dolphins, Jets, Commanders, Chargers, Eagles, Colts)

This would leave the following options, (last International appearance):

Bears vs Chiefs (2019)

Bengals vs Jaguars/Titans/Chiefs (2019)

Chargers vs Titans/Chiefs/Patriots (2019)

Colts vs Jaguars/Titans/Patriots (2016)

Commanders vs Patriots (2016)

Cowboys vs Bills (2014)

Dolphins vs Bills/Chiefs/Patriots (21)

Eagles vs Chiefs/Patriots (2018)

Falcons vs Jaguars/Titans (2021)

Jets vs Bills/Patriots (2021)

Lions vs Chiefs (2015)

Panthers vs Jaguars/Titans (2019)

Raiders vs Bills/Chiefs (2019)

Ravens vs Jaguars/Titans (2017 )

Texans vs Jaguars/Titans (2019)

The Dolphins and Raiders have played Internationally 5 times.Chargers 3 times. Bears, Bengals, Falcons, Jets, Lions and Texans have played 2 times. Colts, Commanders, Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers and Ravens have only played 1 time.

My prediction:

-Patriots vs Commanders- Washington has only played Internationally once back in 2016. They are due for an International game.

- Chiefs vs Eagles- A very compelling matchup of possible Super Bowl contenders. Eagles have only played Internationally once in 2018.

-Bills vs Cowboys- A historic 90s Super Bowl matchup. The Cowboys are overdue for an International game only playing once before back in 2014.

- Jaguars/Titans vs Colts/Ravens/Panthers- Jaguars and Titans share a similar schedule. Colts, Ravens  and Panthers have all only appeared once in 2016, 2017, and 2019 respectively.

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

I'd love for the Eagles to play the Chiefs in Germany.  Would have a better chance then having to play then at Arrowhead.

But that would be a prime-ratings game so I doubt they'd put it on at whatever morning time it would start.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Jets have a shot at Derek Carr, Jimmy G, Aaron Rodgers, even Tom Brady which means in 2023 we may finally have a quality QB

12 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Jets have a shot at Derek Carr, Jimmy G, Aaron Rodgers, even Tom Brady which means in 2023 we may finally have a quality QB

they’d better figure out how to clear a ton of cap space.  Not that anyone knows the true story of anyone’s cap, but some quick searches indicate that they may be over at the moment. 

Also - none of those QBs are winning a Super Bowl (or another one) before they retire. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/16/2023 at 6:14 PM, GDAWG said:

Bill O'Brien the leading OC Candidate in New England:

As a Pats fan, I'd be overjoyed to get O'Brien back. He was at least partially responsible for the best offensive stretch in team history from 2007-2011, and he'd do a great job of utilizing our weapons at receiver and tight end. They were such a frustrating team to watch on offense last year. They had players that would repeatedly show flashes of greatness (DeVante Parker, Kendrick Bourne, Rhamondre, Jakobi Meyers, Hunter Henry, etc), but we simply didn't do anything with them. Mac improved so much over the course of the year in his decision making and proved (at least, in my initially skeptical eyes) that the offensive woes weren't his fault. It was primarily horrible play calling, poor team discipline, and unfortunate mistakes getting in the way of wins, such as the losses to the Raiders, Packers, and Bengals.

If the Pats can get O'Brien back, and get Judge back where he belongs on Special Teams (another aspect of the team that was severely lacking), that alone would likely be enough to get back in the playoffs, even if they're outmatched talent wise. Hopefully O'Brien can try and replicate the two-TE packages that helped the Pats offense cruise back when Gronk and Hernandez were tearing it up, it'd help the run game immensely and give Mac some more room to run the play-action, where he's been most effective.

I'm hoping they load up on the offensive line and secondary in free agency and the draft, perhaps add a true number one receiver. That'd be the ideal offseason. Wouldn't be enough to expect anything more than a Wild Card loss, but after last season's rollercoaster, I'd be happy just to make the playoffs again. I get that I'm spoiled by growing up with Brady and all that, but I'm always gonna pull for this team to be better. Probably wishful thinking though, Belichick hasn't had the greatest track record of addressing obvious needs at certain positions, but he's also had an amazing track record of finding undercooked gems in the O-line and secondary, so anything goes.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 1/19/2023 at 3:03 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I would love for the NFL to have a balanced schedule. Some teams having 9 home games and others 8 is a competitive disadvantage built into the schedule. I know 17 is a stopgap to 18 or a significantly expanded international program, and I think they should get there sooner than later.

Players will get more worn down than they already are. The league needs to do something like expand rosters and availability.

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Players will get more worn down than they already are. The league needs to do something like expand rosters and availability.

I agree with expanding rosters, but the question becomes— How much bigger of a roster? The current rule is 53 w/ two eligible practice squad members elevated on a weekly basis. So, current at 55.

Should half the practice squad be elevated on a weekly basis? The entire practice squad? Increase the standard roster by say, 10?

14 minutes ago, Gary said:

Not even at the off season and we’re already getting the asinine where Brady should go. Mike Florio is a joke

He's not the only one who believes Brady will play in 2023.  Everyone in the media thinks he'll be back in 2023, just not for Tampa.

3 hours ago, Gary said:

Not even at the off season and we’re already getting the asinine where Brady should go. Mike Florio is a joke

As you're complaining in the 2023 offseason thread, I think you've missed a point somewhere 😆

• LOL 3

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

As you're complaining in the 2023 offseason thread, I think you've missed a point somewhere 😆

Fair point. I meant we haven’t ended the season. Yes I was a bit misleading 😝

• LOL 2

22 minutes ago, heavybass said:

I don't think Brady to Lions is going to happen...

I know what will happen this offseason.

Rodgers to the Jets for 2 1sts... i mean they hired Hackett as their new OC and the Jets owner has said he would pay any price.

Then why didn't the Broncos trade for him last year?

I get that this is an easy line to draw, and it MIGHT happen, but I'd bet against it.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.