2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

8 hours ago, Red Comet said:

If we’re going to continue to legislate away parts of the game of football, it would be good to legislate away some of the offense’s abilities for once. 

Can't do that--it would cost too many people too many fantasy points...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Can't do that--it would cost too many people too many fantasy points...

Then they can make defensive stats more prominent and people want to hear about another person’s fantasy football team as much as they want to hear about their sex life: If they’re interested in it at all, there’s a problem. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Then they can make defensive stats more prominent and people want to hear about another person’s fantasy football team as much as they want to hear about their sex life: If they’re interested in it at all, there’s a problem. 

Tell me about it. Mind you, I don't and never did get into the whole fantasy sports thing, but it never did make sense to me how even when the stuff was still somewhat new, participants drafted individual offensive "skill position" players (I really do despise that term, but moving on) and yet draft entire defenses. I wholeheartedly believe that all that alongside sports betting as a whole played a part in the advent of all these offensive rules changes advantages...just too much money to be generated for it not to have been.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looks like Eric Bieniemy will be the new OC in Washington, and if all goes well, when Rivera gets fired retires, he’ll probably be the successor.

Unrelated note- I loathe when sports media outlets call draft prospects “rare breeds” as if they’re discussing dogs and then turn around and have 5+ different outlets comparing them to former and current players. What’s so “rare” about them then?

This “rare breed” buffoonery is as eye roll inducing as “generational talent” behavior.

• Like 4

On 2/13/2023 at 8:49 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

When the NFL rules committee gets together this offseason, the first thing on he agenda has to be to do something about this nonsense...

Lining up 900 lbs. of humanity behind the QB and pushing his butt forward is not how the game was meant to be played.

If this remains legal, they might as well just save some time and automatically award the first down every time a team gets within a yard on third down. 

On 2/14/2023 at 7:06 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I didn’t say only one team was allowed to do it, I said it makes every single 4th and less than a yard play an automatic first down.  

And that it sucks.  

HA!!

https://fansided.com/2023/02/16/jalen-hurts-eagles-bring-new-nfl-rule-change/?a_aid=45978&fbclid=IwAR3ADRkgkuCHwVvW9UUNFERQ8-mIPC2AoALiXzbFk68dTpB8ZIcqO9BSm-4

My take on the QB sneak rule is that it's a safety issue... for the quarterback.

When you're controlling your own momentum, if something bends wrong or you get injured, you can stop and give up.  But if people are pushing you, they have no idea that something's not bending right and they can make it a lot worse.  I don't really think that any player should be able to be directly-aided by a teammate.  It's a little unfair that 5 guys can be tackling 1 and I'm saying that he shouldn't be helped, so maybe it's not an ideal rule, but that's how I feel.

But "not aesthetically pleasing"?  LOL - I think it looks cute that these big meaty guys are pushing another big meaty guy by his butt cheeks.  Doesn't get much more aesthetically pleasing than that!

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Good for him. He really ought to be a head coach but getting out of Andy Reid’s orbit shadow will do wonders for his career: Assuming he succeeds.

Your assuming a lot with the team still being owned by the worst human being to still somehow own a professional team.