College Football 2023

Rixaroo

39 minutes ago, kb105 said:

Cheez-It still sponsors the Citrus Bowl, just last year they sponsored both bowl games played at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando. My guess is Kellogs just wanted to use different brands instead of using the same for the same city.

Ah, thanks. I failed that reading comprehension test today. 🤦‍♂️

I guess I didn’t realize there were two bowls sponsored by big Cheez.

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• 3 weeks later...

Colorado State unveiled some new (long overdue?) uniforms. A bit more of a classic take; only gold pants, no gray alternates in sight, striping on the pants and sleeves. Not bad, it looks good in green and gold.

Can't help but think that their rivals down in Boulder might feel a little ripped off though: 

Colorado loses 30-28 to Sacramento State on late field goal – The Denver  Post

Colorado Buffaloes Football 2012: Connor Wood Has Clearer Path To QB After  Nick Hirschman's Surgery - SB Nation Denver

• Like 12

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

6 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Colorado State unveiled some new (long overdue?) uniforms. A bit more of a classic take; only gold pants, no gray alternates in sight, striping on the pants and sleeves. Not bad, it looks good in green and gold.

Can't help but think that their rivals down in Boulder might feel a little ripped off though: 

Colorado loses 30-28 to Sacramento State on late field goal – The Denver  Post

Colorado Buffaloes Football 2012: Connor Wood Has Clearer Path To QB After  Nick Hirschman's Surgery - SB Nation Denver

Green/gold is one of my favorite color palettes in sports. And I forget how good their helmet looks. 

• Like 3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

We are 2 weeks away from Cal joining Nike (again) officially July 1st. Not sure if they will unveil new uniforms all at the same time for all sports but I am assuming it will happen sometime in July. 

• Like 2

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

10 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Can't help but think that their rivals down in Boulder might feel a little ripped off though

I don’t think the new Coach Prime uniforms will feature the NW stripe so Colorado State might as well use it if Colorado refuses to

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I don’t think the new Coach Prime uniforms will feature the NW stripe so Colorado State might as well use it if Colorado refuses to

Are the Buffs getting new unis this year?

10 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Being that that was in mid-January, and Nike closed the ordering window super early again this year, I wonder if we'll see those this year or next.  It would've had to have been a super quick redesign or just a new order of the existing designs but on the newer templates.

Personally, I don't think they need a redesign.  Their current designs are great, and they'll get the recognition they deserve if they just win.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Being that that was in mid-January, and Nike closed the ordering window super early again this year, I wonder if we'll see those this year or next.  It would've had to have been a super quick redesign or just a new order of the existing designs but on the newer templates.

Personally, I don't think they need a redesign.  Their current designs are great, and they'll get the recognition they deserve if they just win.

I don’t think the designs need an upgrade, but they’re long overdue for a template change. Still wearing Elite 51  with flywire is ridiculous. 

Based on what Jackson State wore under Deion, I don’t have any confidence that an updated uni design would be anything other than awful.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, HOOVER said:

If no new uniforms specifically, I think we will still see new helmets. I think they've been flirting with gold chrome a bit on their social media and recruiting visits.

• Like 2

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

https://wkusports.com/news/2023/6/21/wku-football-unveils-new-uniforms

New Western Kentucky uniforms. Points for stripes on helmets, jersey and pants, minus big points for keeping the chrome helmets around. 

Drop shadow numbers? In this day and age? They seem to be a dying breed, so I’m glad they’ve been incorporated here.

• Like 11

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

https://wkusports.com/news/2023/6/21/wku-football-unveils-new-uniforms

New Western Kentucky uniforms. Points for stripes on helmets, jersey and pants, minus big points for keeping the chrome helmets around. 

Silver helmets would definitely look better IMO, but the rest of the uniform looks great. Drop-shadows are sharp when done right. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, SSmith48 said:

It looks like CSU redesigned the horns a bit…they’ve always been a tad different than classic LA Rams, but the horns seem to be very different in these pics. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.