College Football 2023

Rixaroo

11 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Outside of the coloring on the tiger logo, I really like this road look for Mizzou. Especially against the Black-dominant scheme of Vanderbilt.spacer.png

I guess Mizzouri is getting closer to figuring out exactly what they want to look like...at least until they change something else up again. I personally think that as long as they use that helmet stripe they should use a simpler helmet logo (do they still have an M logo somewhere in their suite?) They may also benefit from shrinking that chest script down (or taking it off completely); as is now, just a tadbit too much for an otherwise solid uniform set.

While we're speaking of helmets...

ARK-TAM-FB-030_t800.JPG?90232451fbcadccc

...I don't know how I feel about this one for Arkansas.

Actually, Arkansas is weird: in just about every other application I see of the runnin' hog logo (and their other hothead logo—personally one of my favorite logos period) they include a black keyline/details, yet it never shows up on UArk's helmets. I'm not even sure it should; just seems strange to me is all. (As does that white helmet...maybe they should just stick with the cardinal lids.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Iowa’s got the same situation going on this week that ND had last week. The black pants that go with the alternate uniforms have a gold swoosh and the jersey has white. It bothers me more than it should and I’m having an internal debate over whether to point it out to my wife or not.

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Monochrome grey is generally a good look, especially as a road uniform because it's unique.

Let's try this again, because you don't seem to know what unique means.

Unique - if something is unique, it's the only one around. The reason is that the Latin prefix uni- means "one." (Technically speaking, it isn't possible to be "very unique" — you either are or you're not.) Think of the prefix in unicorn for a creature with one horn and unicycle for a cycle with one wheel.

Definitions of unique

adjective

the single one of its kind

“the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting”

“a unique copy of an ancient manuscript”

“certain types of problems have unique solutions”

synonyms:singular

single

existing alone or consisting of one entity or part or aspect or individual

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love Eastern Michigan's all gray.

Not a fan of white on black for coastal.

I'll be darned - that means that it isn't unique? Whodathunkit?

Note - I'm not commenting in the least about what I think of the look. I'm ONLY commenting on the incorrect use of 'unique' above.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Unique - if something is unique, it's the only one around. The reason is that the Latin prefix uni- means "one." (Technically speaking, it isn't possible to be "very unique" — you either are or you're not.) Think of the prefix in unicorn for a creature with one horn and unicycle for a cycle with one wheel.

Definitions of unique

adjective

single

Are you serious

unique
adjective
being the only existing one of its type or, more generally, unusual, or special in some way:

26 minutes ago, Ark said:

Are you serious

unique
adjective
being the only existing one of its type or, more generally, unusual, or special in some way:

Yes, I am serious. To address your definition:

It clearly isn't the only existing one of its type.

So multiple teams wear all gray. How is that unusual or special in some way?

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

So multiple teams wear all gray. How is that unusual or special in some way?

In terms of football, not many teams wear grey uniforms. I would call a team that wears grey uniforms unusual.

There are multiple people in the world named Bartholomew, but I would still call that name unique. Same way I would call a team wearing grey unique.

You must be fun at parties 

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

39 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Definitions of unique

adjective

single

I agree with your general point, but damn you said it in the most annoying way possible 🙄 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

In terms of football, not many teams wear grey uniforms. I would call a team that wears grey uniforms unusual.

There are multiple people in the world named Bartholomew, but I would still call that name unique. Same way I would call a team wearing grey unique.

You must be fun at parties 

Words have meaning. Have you noticed how people react here when the color worn by the Dolphins is called teal and not aqua?  

Yeah - I'm fine.

• Facepalm 1

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, the_grateful_ted said:

I agree with your general point, but damn you said it in the most annoying way possible 🙄 

I just re-posted a comment from the Gear Grinder thread.

You aren't wrong. 😁

It's where I sit.

Arizona was heading in the right direction with this game, both in terms of the uniform and how they played. They broke out red versions of the current jerseys, which is an excellent idea, and they played real hard and only lost by seven. I'll take that against an excellent UW team. Unfortunately, much like how Arizona came up short on the field, the look came up short as well since they paired it with red pants.

NO. WHITE HELMETS AND WHITE PANTS. DON'T WEAR RED PANTS AT HOME. YOU WEAR WHITE/BLUE (OR RED)/WHITE AT HOME!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Iowa’s got the same situation going on this week that ND had last week. The black pants that go with the alternate uniforms have a gold swoosh and the jersey has white. It bothers me more than it should and I’m having an internal debate over whether to point it out to my wife or not.

They’ve had those pants for a year or so because they wore them at the last blackout game last year.  I think they should use the 2015 blackout set in place of this because it 1). Gives off a different feel for the blackout look/game, and 2). It ties to their most successful era of modern Iowa football, having worn them in their undefeated regular season.

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Black/gray/gray. The black lids have the same white buff decals that they wore against Nebraska, while the “new” gray jerseys are really just their old Elite 51 tops with white numbers and white NOB’s put on them. 
spacer.png

I wonder if they stripped the old numbers from last years uniforms and put on white ones or just purchased new ones. Does nike even make this template anymore?

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I wonder if they stripped the old numbers from last years uniforms and put on white ones or just purchased new ones. Does nike even make this template anymore?

I suppose it’s possible that they stripped the old numbers, but I’m guessing the jerseys were just blanks that the EQ staff had. It’s fairly common for teams to sew their own numbers on jerseys, so if they had inventory of blank gray jerseys it would be pretty easy to put different numbers on. In this case, it looks like they used the same numbers as the ones on their new black jerseys that they wore vs. Nebraska. They’re single-layer twill white numbers with a black outline.

Nike does not make the flywire template anymore, at least that I’m aware of. They certainly don’t offer it in any catalog anymore.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Arizona wore red uniforms last night for the first time since (I believe) 2020. The jerseys and pants are essentially just color-swapped versions of their new navy tops and pants, just with a contrasting collar like the white jerseys. It feels right for Arizona to have a red option back in the fold; here’s hoping they wear white/red/white some time this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Ducks have finally revealed their long-awaited throwback uniforms:

They’re the exact same as the ones worn in 2014, just executed on the FUSE template. The only change is the addition of the front and back bumper logos. They’re going into a bye week, so this is an interesting time for them to do this reveal. They won’t be wearing them in their next game, at Washington, but they will be worn soon after that (very soon). 

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks have finally revealed their long-awaited throwback uniforms:

They’re the exact same as the ones worn in 2014, just executed on the FUSE template. The only change is the addition of the front and back bumper logos. They’re going into a bye week, so this is an interesting time for them to do this reveal. They won’t be wearing them in their next game, at Washington, but they will be worn soon after that (very soon). 

What will they wear at Washington?