2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I think the implication is that the Bruins will be unveiling a new alternate/centennial jersey with the crest, not replacing the current one.

Actually, I believe the plan is for them to wear a new home & away centennial set just for this season. I know they're going to be honouring the 2011 Cup team during the year, so maybe we see the old Edge set for that game.

This video shows two versions of the centennial logo, so it seems like the yellow B will go on the home jersey & the black B will go on the away jersey.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dont care said:

Whats different about the edge set other than socks and ofcourse template but they wouldn’t change from adidas’ template

The only difference is the socks & the double outlines on the numbers/names. 

15 hours ago, ebod39 said:

"so maybe we see the old Edge set for that game."  Nope

I thought I had seen a reference to the 2011 uniforms in their "Era Nights" announcement, but I guess they're honouring the entire 2001-present period so it looks like it'll be the current home jersey then.

On 7/23/2023 at 12:22 AM, Morgan33 said:

According to Icethetics: the Rangers and Wild could be seeing the return of their Reverse Retro 2.0  jerseys as alternates.

Correction : Icethtics didn't specify wich of the RR for those teams. But i remember seeing that the Wild would indeed bring back the green one. Not sure about the Rangers however

On 7/24/2023 at 5:51 AM, Nordiks_19 said:

Correction : Icethtics didn't specify wich of the RR for those teams. But i remember seeing that the Wild would indeed bring back the green one. Not sure about the Rangers however

I'd prefer the second one over the first. The darker color scheme on the first one made the numbers harder to read.

I feel like both of the Rangers reverse retros were just worse versions of the original Lady Liberty jersey. They were forced to make changes for change sake to get the jerseys to fit with the RR program, but now that it's a regular alternate they might as well just bring back the original one.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I feel like both of the Rangers reverse retros were just worse versions of the original Lady Liberty jersey. They were forced to make changes for change sake to get the jerseys to fit with the RR program, but now that it's a regular alternate they might as well just bring back the original one.

I disagree.  I really liked how they included Royal Blue on the recent one and I don't it's inclusion detracts at all from the original design

On 7/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

Now bring this panther as their official logo instead of the boring one they have

If only it were that simple. The feet on this panther are a :censored:ing travesty.

aR0NEpO.png

• LOL 1
  • WOAH 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I will never understand why a team's mascot would destroy a piece of equipment that's vital to the team's ability to compete.  If the Panther is breaking all the sticks, what will the team do?  Same with the Sharks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I will never understand why a team's mascot would destroy a piece of equipment that's vital to the team's ability to compete.  If the Panther is breaking all the sticks, what will the team do?  Same with the Sharks.

Claw the opponents clearly for the Panthers.

On 7/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

Now bring this panther as their official logo instead of the boring one they have, bring back their first Rever retro and a matching white, and call it a day

The first RR would make a great alternate, but the Panthers should be a primarily red team. Maybe just take the inaugural jerseys and swap yellow for metallic gold.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Survival79 said:

If only it were that simple. The feet on this panther are a :censored:ing travesty.

aR0NEpO.png

I dunno. Adding a bunch of detail back there doesn’t seem right, either.

spacer.png

• Like 10

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]