2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

On 7/31/2023 at 3:35 PM, gosioux76 said:

This is almost certainly generalizing, but I have to think that whether you like or dislike the current Panthers uniforms is in proportion to how much you like or dislike their attempt at military cosplay. 

There are some things I've come to like about the Panthers' set, like the color scheme and the logo that more closely resembles a Florida panther, but the fact that it was all done in the name of military cosplay ruins it. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know the actual links between the franchise and the military, but using that design motif looks good IMO.

The shield is their best look by far to me. The perspective of the panther leaping is just so odd, like he has a giant upper body and teeny tiny lower body. I just don't think it has that classic charm you want, it's somewhere between the Detroit Tiger and the Cincinnati Bengal. And the current uniform feels built around the shield rather than an aughts slashy stripe look.

13 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I don't know the actual links between the franchise and the military

The owner, their fifth or sixth one at this point, was in the army. ~fin~

13 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

While they aren't going full Metropolitans, I'm still hoping they use barberpole striping on the jerseys.

*EDIT: I just realized that the Vegas logo is two swords forming the V

The guy who owns the metros trademark apparently wasn’t willing to share or sell it for this event

On 8/1/2023 at 9:23 PM, Ridleylash said:

We have hat leaks for the Knights and Kraken Winter Classic;

spacer.pngspacer.png

Seattle will probably go with Metropolitans style barberpole.

Vegas jerseys will probably be based on this. I could see the Vegas script inside the crest made of playing cards with the V swords as the shoulder logo.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3-1000x750.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Real snoozer of a logo from Vegas.

I'm thinking the V logo might go on the shoulders, with the Vegas wordmark being on the front of the jersey. A team using an alternate logo for Winter Classic merch isn't unprecedented.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm glad someone is finally honoring "the 1968-69 Las Vegas team." Who can forget icons of the game like Bob "Brooksie" Brooker, Don "The Casket" Woodbury, and Roland "Accounts Receivable" Payment. People still talk about scoring a "Floyd Conrad hat trick."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Yawn 1

5 hours ago, AnPheitseog said:

Fanatics owns Mitchell and Ness. For a throwback classic themed game, using the MN brand makes sense for fanatics

Shieet, I must missed or forget that Fanatics bought M&N, but what I remember is that M&N didn't had NHL licence for past few years so that's why I was confused seeing their brand on those snapbacks. 

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, ebod39 said:

He was willing, however, his asking price was ridiculous.  

Well, I was today years old when I learned the Seattle Metropolitans name (or logo or both) isn’t owned by the NHL. Does anyone have the history on that?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm glad someone is finally honoring "the 1968-69 Las Vegas team." Who can forget icons of the game like Bob "Brooksie" Brooker, Don "The Casket" Woodbury, and Roland "Accounts Receivable" Payment. People still talk about scoring a "Floyd Conrad hat trick."

I hope Brooksie does the ceremonial puck drop.

"It's been a wonderful ceremony here on behalf of our own Bob "Brooksie" Brooker! Bob was darn near death recently. He wasn't ashamed to admit to me that he had syphilis. Thank God he stopped it in its tracks. It takes a lot for a man... to admit where he got it from and how he got it. Look at him today. Bob, you look just wonderful."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frylock said:

Well, I was today years old when I learned the Seattle Metropolitans name (or logo or both) isn’t owned by the NHL. Does anyone have the history on that?

According to Wikipedia the NHL does own the Metropolitans trademark in Canada, but not the US.

"Seattle's later hockey teams have paid tribute to the Metropolitans. The NHL owns the rights to the Metropolitans' trademarks in Canada. Paul Kim, an entrepreneur in Lynnwood, Washington, acquired the trademarks in the U.S. in 2016, after the prior owner abandoned them.[10] Kim had intended to license the trademarks to a future NHL franchise in Seattle."

• WOAH 2

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

I hear Roland might take the day off from working at the pawn shop to go to the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Bruins are unveiling new uniforms for the centennial season on September 16. 

The celebration will commence Saturday, September 16 with the Boston Bruins Centennial Takeoff, a fashion-show style event where fans in attendance will be the first to see the club's all-new Centennial jerseys and merchandise collection in an exclusive setting inside the jetBlue hangar at Logan Airport.

In partnership with adidas and the NHL, the Boston Bruins developed three new uniforms that will be introduced and worn in the Centennial year. These new uniforms include both home and away sweaters, as well as an alternate intended to be worn against Original Six opponents and on special occasions.

Here's the full centennial site.

• Like 4

Was just reading their Wikipedia, and this run-on sentence doesn't even make sense and is a good example of why Wikipedia ain't exactly Encyclopedia Brittanica:

"On December 1, 1924, the Bruins the first ever NHL game played on United States soil,[8] against the Montreal Maroons, at Boston Arena, with Smokey Harris scoring the first-ever Bruins goal,[9] spurring the Bruins to a 2–1 win."

Regardless, aren't they celebrating prematurely?  Shouldn't next year be the celebration since Dec 1 2024 falls in the '24-'25 season?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."