2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

I didn't like Vegas' jerseys at all. They looked washed out with the gold and cream bleeding into each other and the owner making his players into West Point cosplayers again is cringey.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

If Vegas wanted their jersey to match Seattle's, that was the best way to do it instead of trying to make up some old-timey knight logo.

Something like London, or even Henderson's new alt crest.

648_london-knights-primary-1982.gif

https://vegasteamstore.com/cdn/shop/files/year3jersey_photog.png?v=1703730720&width=1080

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

Not too bad looking of a Winter Classic

I wish Vegas had some gray striping on the jersey and maybe even gloves to match. The socks having an abundance of gray and gray pants make the jersey look a little disjointed. But all in all, a pretty solid looking game. Seattle's jersey is gorgeous.

51 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Something like London, or even Henderson's new alt crest.

648_london-knights-primary-1982.gif

https://vegasteamstore.com/cdn/shop/files/year3jersey_photog.png?v=1703730720&width=1080

Considering all the trademark issues they dealt with when they were coming up with their name, I feel like they wouldn't want to use something so similar to another team's logo.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

Not too bad looking of a Winter Classic

Not a fan of the combination of Vintage White and the Ice Blue, to my eyes they kind of bleed into each other and aren't that pretty together. I would have probably used Shadow Blue instead of the off white for Kraken and I prefer the Ironmen tribute over the WC jersey, though I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.

Vegas just looks dull apart from the socks, which look great, and the uniform would have looked much sharper with white rather than the off white.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I think my only real qualm with Vegas' is that the combo of cream and gold kinda ended up blurring together on the TV camera side of things. Kinda surprised they didn't just paste the layout of the socks across the rest of the jersey; I think the grey striping being on the jersey would've really helped make the gold pop more. Same with outlining the gold yoke in grey.

For me the gold that Vegas was using is juuuust brownish/mustardish enough that it didn't bother me as much as, say, last year's Penguins cream/yellow combination. In general I agree that shades of yellow/gold tend not to go well with the vintage white schtick, yet it keeps happening in Winter Classics.

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The whole game looked very faded to me, but I guess that was the old school look they were going for.

One thing I find kind of confusing, aesthetically, about some of these games is how the on-ice product is meant to look "faded" or retro or fauxback or whatever, but then you have all the elaborate, theatrical decoration around the ice, putting up fake shipwrecks and docks like it's a touristy mini-golf course. Feels like those two things are a little at odds. 

6 hours ago, Digby said:

One thing I find kind of confusing, aesthetically, about some of these games is how the on-ice product is meant to look "faded" or retro or fauxback or whatever, but then you have all the elaborate, theatrical decoration around the ice, putting up fake shipwrecks and docks like it's a touristy mini-golf course. Feels like those two things are a little at odds. 

I don't mind the stuff around the ice.... you have to fill in empty space somehow. Otherwise it looks stupid. The issue I have is the shoving down our throats of vintage white... look people if you look back in time, the vintage white is actually white, not tan like you claim. Make it white!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Digby said:

The Winter Classic as a whole has gone from a celebration of the history & traditions of the sport to more of a regional celebration, especially when you have a market that's hosting for the first time. That's why we've seen players go from wearing old school suits and fedoras to the game to dressing like fish market employees, Elvis impersonators, and oil rig workers.

1 hour ago, mjarvie said:

I don't mind the stuff around the ice.... you have to fill in empty space somehow. Otherwise it looks stupid. The issue I have is the shoving down our throats of vintage white... look people if you look back in time, the vintage white is actually white, not tan like you claim. Make it white!

Yea I just realized what I don't like about the Kraken WC jersey: they mixed bright blue and red with "vintage" cream.  If they wanted a throwback look, the light blue and red should have been muted too.  Or yea make it white!

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

Been seeing a lot of people on Reddit dunking on it as a "practice jersey", but I think it looks fine. It's a blend of design elements (secondary logo+black base+Victory Stripes as primary stripe style) into a look that's leagues better than the :censored:ty gradient that was their last attempt at an alternate.

Feels like there's a lot of people who were spoiled by the two Reverse Retros who were hoping they'd just bring one of those back as an alternate or that Tampa would be yet another team to just throw a throwback design onto the Adidas template and call it a wrap when history shows that route was always unlikely for the Bolts when it comes to alternates; the only time they've made throwbacks at all was the Reverse Retros.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The leaked TB Jersey looks good,

I mean, it's more than a decade too late to the roundel-as-primary trend and they have a perfectly good black jersey that they could've referenced...

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

New Bolts 3rd...GC9i30qXkAIbWt_?format=jpg

This would've fit right in around 2009/2010. The roundel logo makes it kind of a dated look.

Any word on whether there are hem stripes that aren't visible in this pic?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevin W. said:

I mean, it's more than a decade too late to the roundel-as-primary trend and they have a perfectly good black jersey that they could've referenced...

If you mean the original Bolts Jersey, then this one does reference it with the arm (and presumably hem) striping echoing the Victory Stripes on the original.

And yes, there was a trend for roundel crests in the late naughties, but now it's only the Blue Jackets and Ducks (current anniversary season shirt) that use that style, so I don't think that it's a problem for the Bolts to use a slightly modified version of their current shoulder patch as the main on their new third.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Feels like there's a lot of people who were spoiled by the two Reverse Retros who were hoping they'd just bring one of those back as an alternate or that Tampa would be yet another team to just throw a throwback design onto the Adidas template and call it a wrap.

Put me in this category.  I don't like their primary uniforms but could live with them if they had a black throwback from 2004.  Not only would this look significantly better but they'd have a championship associated with all three of their jerseys.

• Like 1