2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

On 11/5/2023 at 12:26 PM, Pyromania1983 said:

They're trying to make it similar to European soccer where the tournament games are interwoven into the regular season schedule, but matter for a different purpose.

Maybe they should look around and see this isn’t European soccer, and even in European soccer their tournaments don’t count towards the tables.

• Like 3

Really sucks that not even national TV games are a reprieve from baseline ads like in the past. The arc of commercialization is long but it bends towards ads being everywhere all the time.

FWIW I’m really enjoying these Knicks City uniforms. The double script is kind of dumb but at least makes a modicum of sense for New York and it’s relatively inoffensive. And the taller arch and letters are so much better than the current compressed version

• Like 2
07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 11/5/2023 at 1:21 AM, who do you think said:

Huh? How does this make sense? Who the hell came up with this garbage?

I agreed with this when I first read it but not anymore. Having the games spread out allows players and teams to get better between each of them, whereas in the regular playoffs if you go cold at all you’re done.

If you don’t like that you may as well not like the in-season tournament at all. And at point you’re just not liking it because it’s new and different.

• Like 2

But then they'd be the Houston AstroDunkstronauts, wouldn't they be?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, kimball said:

The Mavs won't use their Tourney Court tonight. Apparently the three-point line was too short?

Nuggets also had this issue. They were able to restripe it after morning shootaround. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38811296/wrongly-measured-3-point-line-nuggets-court-repainted-tipoff-vs-mavs 

8 hours ago, kimball said:

The Mavs won't use their Tourney Court tonight. Apparently the three-point line was too short?

It was for the failed 3.5-point line but home teams forgot to get the memo to revert back to the regular 3-point line.  /sarcasm

On 11/9/2023 at 5:55 PM, tBBP said:

But then they'd be the Houston AstroDunkstronauts, wouldn't they be?

The Raptors are a scratched ball, the Nuggets are pickaxes, and the Warriors are a bridge. We can trust fans to take it the rest of the way.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The more I look at these tournament courts, the more I become convinced they should've gone only with the center lane graphics, leaving everything else the usual way, and it would've had a sufficient attention grabbing effect. I've also noticed that the ones that work from the bunch, are the monochrome, where only one color is used alongside the wood shade or another light color base (such as gray, which, on the other hand is ugly on its own). Then again, the Celtics' court has no business looking good, but apparently for this reason does. Regardless, overall these courts have that cheap elementary school rubber court look, which had been already mentioned. 

Phoenix's court was another eyesore with not only the uniforms but even players' skin tone getting blended with the floor. Another wreck job should be the Pelicans'.

On 11/6/2023 at 7:28 PM, the admiral said:

The Heat have had the steady and competent hand of Pat Riley guiding them all these years. That helps a lot. Consider how many front offices routinely do stuff that's really, really dumb. The Bulls front office did really dumb stuff while they were winning championships. Desirable weather and tax situations certainly help, but the Heat have a higher floor than most because they're not run by an idiot.

Pat is washed. Spo is carrying them now. Pat can’t get Spo anymore stars.