Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

On 4/23/2023 at 8:46 AM, DCarp1231 said:

The math wasn’t mathing in my head I so did a super quick google search.

Turns out the Brady-era Patriots uniforms were an Adidas brain child from 2000.

I still firmly believe the Texans saw this new style uniform and made it better. The two sets were essentially the same style. The most telling features are the shoulder stripes and pants stripes. Houston just removed the piping and rearranged some of the colors

I always assumed the Texans just copied the USC uniforms but they both debuted the shoulder wedge stripe in 2002.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2023 at 9:46 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Turns out the Brady-era Patriots uniforms were an Adidas brain child from 2000.

Adidas ended up buying Reebok (and may have already done so by that point) and the Brady Pats look has all the hallmarks of the Reebok panel and piping looks so I consider them part of that trend. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Adidas ended up buying Reebok (and may have already done so by that point) and the Brady Pats look has all the hallmarks of the Reebok panel and piping looks so I consider them part of that trend. 

Adidas acquired Reebok in 2005.

I wonder how different all the teams uniforms would’ve turned out had Adidas shifted the league partnership from Reebok to themselves.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Adidas acquired Reebok in 2005.

I wonder how different all the teams uniforms would’ve turned out had Adidas shifted the league partnership from Reebok to themselves.

More Techfit designs.

The Strong Side: New adidas TECHFIT football jerseys are no match for  Oregon's 'Nike factor' uniforms - Daily Bruin

Ranking every Texas A&M Aggies jersey of the SEC era - Good Bull Hunting

• Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One thing I really like about the introduction of silver into the Cardinals design is that they used a really reflective version.

A true silver, not grey.

What it means, is that with the right lighting, the silver can disappear against a white background, as it does on the white pants. See how the silver fades near the hip in the below:

FuQqNNdaMAA0-ER.jpg

Which makes that pair of pants look an awful lot like the early aughts style white pants:

Chris20Gedney_1527014761419.jpg_43172265

Good use of color and material choice to evoke two eras of Cardinals football at the same time.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One thing I really like about the introduction of silver into the Cardinals design is that they used a really reflective version.

A true silver, not grey.

What it means, is that with the right lighting, the silver can disappear against a white background, as it does on the white pants. See how the silver fades near the hip in the below:

FuQqNNdaMAA0-ER.jpg

Which makes that pair of pants look an awful lot like the early aughts style white pants:

Chris20Gedney_1527014761419.jpg_43172265

Good use of color and material choice to evoke two eras of Cardinals football at the same time.

G-d the sleeve wordmark is dumb 

• Like 8

On 4/22/2023 at 11:21 PM, PERRIN said:
On 4/22/2023 at 10:56 PM, BBTV said:

For better or for worse, that wordmark size will never be part of the NFL aesthetic.

I don't see why it can't be. Sure it breaks tradition, but if it works in college,

It doesn't. We're just used to it in college.

• Like 7

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

More Techfit designs.

The Strong Side: New adidas TECHFIT football jerseys are no match for  Oregon's 'Nike factor' uniforms - Daily Bruin

Techfit is such hot garbage. And the new Cardinals home set is the closest we’ve seen to Nike copying it. Anything to emphasize the shoulder swoosh. 

The idea that you have to prioritize a jersey where the opposition MAYBE has a tougher time grabbing onto it, over aesthetics and common sense, drives me crazy. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Techfit is such hot garbage. And the new Cardinals home set is the closest we’ve seen to Nike copying it. Anything to emphasize the shoulder swoosh. 

The idea that you have to prioritize a jersey where the opposition MAYBE has a tougher time grabbing onto it, over aesthetics and common sense, drives me crazy. 

Other than not having many design elements on the home jerseys, I wouldn't compare this with the Cardinals new unis at all. 

Rpxvkc0.png

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

34 minutes ago, IceCap said:

G-d the sleeve wordmark is dumb 

I haven’t really been following the reception of the uniforms here, but while I like them and I think they’re definitely an upgrade from the previous set, it really does feel like Nike can’t help themselves from over-designing… or, they design everything with such an emphasis on the micro-level that they muddle-up the macro-level as a result.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Cardinals sleeve wordmark looks a lot better than the Lions.

I agree. While both are stupid, the Lions wordmark is more vertical and less letters. This means it’s much larger and obvious. The Cardinals wordmark is very wide and is rendered on a smaller scale. Both stupid, but the Cardinals seems relatively harmless in comparison.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree. While both are stupid, the Lions wordmark is more vertical and less letters. This means it’s much larger and obvious. The Cardinals wordmark is very wide and is rendered on a smaller scale. Both stupid, but the Cardinals seems relatively harmless in comparison.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Cardinals just copied the Tarheels jerseys from the early 2000's.Rumors are that UNC is going back to the Ronald Curry era jerseys, so just an updated template for these:

Nike Men's North Carolina Tar Heels #1 Carolina Blue Throwback Game Football Jersey product image

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Cardinals just copied the Tarheels jerseys from the early 2000's.Rumors are that UNC is going back to the Ronald Curry era jerseys, so just an updated template for these:

Nike Men's North Carolina Tar Heels #1 Carolina Blue Throwback Game Football Jersey product image

OT: I would love to see those UNC jerseys with the argyle pattern inside the white part of the stripes.

• Like 5

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

More Techfit designs.

I think rolled out early versions of the techfit design the last few years of the Reebok deal. Here are the Reebok NY Giants and Adidas Texas A&M uniforms from the same year. Not identical, but to me they appear very similar. I seem to recall the Giants were the first to get them in the NFL and had tighter looking jerseys than the other teams for a year.

jake_ballard_victor_cruz.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

usatsi_4169603.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I think rolled out early versions of the techfit design the last few years of the Reebok deal. Here are the Reebok NY Giants and Adidas Texas A&M uniforms from the same year. Not identical, but to me they appear very similar. I seem to recall the Giants were the first to get them in the NFL and had tighter looking jerseys than the other teams for a year.

jake_ballard_victor_cruz.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

usatsi_4169603.jpg

It wasn't across the board for the Giants, but they were used under the Reebok brand when they were still owned by adidas. That Texas A&M uniform was right before they moved to Techfit jerseys. It has that similar insert to the Denver Broncos designs when Reebok took over. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/22/2023 at 10:37 PM, ddub53 said:

It appeared that they were trying to go back to more traditional cardinals uniforms with a plain red jersey and similar stripes to what they had back in their St. Louis days. Unfortunately, they half-a...ed it by replacing black with silver.  Below I tweaked both the red and white uniforms.  I even included a second pair of white pants to better go with the red jerseys. spacer.pngspacer.png

In my best Luis Carruthers voice:

WHERE did you get that uniform template?

(and can I get it in .PSD?)

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It wasn't across the board for the Giants, but they were used under the Reebok brand when they were still owned by adidas. That Texas A&M uniform was right before they moved to Techfit jerseys. It has that similar insert to the Denver Broncos designs when Reebok took over. 

Ah youre right. Here's A&M in 2012 with a cut similar to the previous Giants uniform

jp-manziel-1-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp