College Football 2023

MJWalker45

The 5-6 teams are ballin' out today...ODU came back from a 21-0 deficit to knock off Georgia State as time expired.

Marshall's beatin' up on Arkansas State too, so not only is the Sun Belt gonna have at least 11 teams in a bowl game this year, but the Monarchs' comeback is making their archrival JMU's bowl scenario a bit more precarious (BYU's also beatin' up on #20 Oklahoma State, so the Dukes' goose may be cooked if this keeps up tonight, getting us 82 bowl-eligible teams)

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Cheaters never win! Three in a row for Michigan, this might be lights out for Ryan Day. 

As a native of Columbus and a graduate of the Ohio State University I think that I’m allowed to admit we have our fair share of stupid fans.  Luckily those small but loud dummies don’t make the decisions.  Day isn’t getting fired.  Seriously, who would they hire with a bigger upside?  (A  slightly bigger but still tiny chance would be Day bolts for somewhere else but I still doubt it.)

Losing three in a row to those guys sucks but at least this one was not as unexpected. The last two I still don’t fully believe (which is why the sign stealing stuff is so easy to believe). 

The good news is I’m pretty confident that particular worm is about to turn.  The NCAA hammer is coming, Harbaugh is likely bolting, they are graduating most of their best players, and we’ll have a whole new batch of 5 stars waiting for them in Columbus next year.  It’s nice to know that when tOSU goes thru of rough patch they still get ten plus wins a year. 

• Like 2

I like Ryan Day and the idea of Ohio State firing him is ludicrous to me but Jim Harbaugh was right that he was born on third base.  I'm not sure anybody has taken over a better situation than him.  There's only two teams in that conference that can really compete with Ohio State -- one of them makes a habit of crapping the bed in big games and the other has beaten him three straight games.  Neither really recruits at the same level as Ohio State.

I don't know much about Michigan's roster but I'd assume they, like FSU, are benefitting from the covid year and kids that should have already graduated by now?  This little run they're on may  not be sustainable.

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, burgundy said:

Having been at the SJSU game, I agree. It's been a fun year, and it's great to see them at 11-1, but they are far from a complete team, and would not fare well against most of the top 20. I'd expect them to end up in something like the Sun Bowl.

There isn't one team in the top 25 that I'd like their chances against. They might give Liberty a game, but I doubt it. Like you said, the Rockets are fun, but they are not a NY6 team. Not even close.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

31 minutes ago, See Red said:

Jim Harbaugh was right that he was born on third base.  I'm not sure anybody has taken over a better situation than him.

But how many programs have stayed on top after legendary coaches left?  Florida stumbled after Spurrier left, Nebraska (checks sports-reference) stumbled some, but eventually was OK until they weren't, Alabama took a dump when Gene Stallings left, etc.

You can be born on 3rd base, but you still have to score.  Far more have been thrown out at the plate than have scored.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Cheaters never win! Three in a row for Michigan, this might be lights out for Ryan Day. 

Ryan Day isn't going anywhere. This loss was not on him. Honestly, I'm surprised this Ohio State team was able to go 11-1. I had them at 9-3 before the season. Truth be told, they've been playing a little over their heads all year. If anything, this season was a testament to Day's coaching ability. Hopefully,  Ohio State doesn't pay any attention to the no-life, loudmouthed losers in the fanbase.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Gary said:

I'm happy for the Michigan win. That always makes my year. But damn if that wasn't an amazing game on both ends. That Buckeyes team played with heart. But glad Michigan wanted it more. Now it's the game where there's No pity for the Kitty. But looks like another year. Because ASU sucks.

*Puts on bitter Buckeyes fan hat* Michigan is going to get rolled in the playoff.

*Takes off bitter Buckeyes fan hat* It was a helluva game . You all outplayed us and deserved the win. Congrats.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

11 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

*Puts on bitter Buckeyes fan hat* Michigan is going to get rolled in the playoff.

*Takes off bitter Buckeyes fan hat* It was a helluva game . You all outplayed us and deserved the win. Congrats.

I have a feeling that yes we will probably get rolled by Washington or Georgia. But the optimist in me says National Championship. But yes I agree, that was probably the best game I've seen in years between these two 

5 minutes ago, Gary said:

I have a feeling that yes we will probably get rolled by Washington or Georgia. But the optimist in me says National Championship. But yes I agree, that was probably the best game I've seen in years between these two 

Not a chance. UW's luck is going to run out eventually and I'm expecting it to be next week against the Ducks.

Oregon leapfrogging Washington into the CFP because their best wins are against each other would be something else.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So I suppose it's going to annoy the hell out of everyone if a bunch of chaos happens again, and Ohio State sneaks back in?

(Washington gives Oregon a 2nd loss, Georgia gives Alabama a second loss, two loss Oklahoma beats Texas again,  and Florida State loses... who else could it be?)

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So I suppose it's going to annoy the hell out of everyone if a bunch of chaos happens again, and Ohio State sneaks back in?

(Washington gives Oregon a 2nd loss, Georgia gives Alabama a second loss, two loss Oklahoma beats Texas again,  and Florida State loses... who else could it be?)

11-1 Toledo is the only option. 😎

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They may take a 2-loss Oregon or Texas since their second losses would have come in the conference championship. Especially for Oregon since both of their losses would've come to playoff Washington.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't think anyone expected either Ohio State or Michigan to drop below 4 no matter which team won or lost. Wayyy too much TV $$$ to be lost doing that.

And about my Seminoles:

>>>>>>--------->.

Speared them swamp thangz again😁

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hard to believe how talent-poor, undisciplined, and terribly-coached this Florida team was.  I was hopeful when Napier was hired because he seemed to get it, and he does seem to with recruiting (except the recruiting can't overcome the losing anymore).  It's just the on-field product is so terrible.  This was a winnable game that we pissed away with poor discipline and lousy coaching, just like the last three games were winnable games that we pissed away with poor discipline and lousy coaching.  Now we just play the waiting game until he's fired after next season and do it all over again.  Please dear god fire Stricklin first, though.

• Applause 1

IUe6Hvh.png