2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Probably unpopular, but I don’t care that Miami didn’t wear throwbacks against New England & Philly. Wearing aqua pants really allowed the red and Kelly green to be showcased and created beautiful matchups under the lights.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I disagree with the eagles one. If anything it was too close in shade and just made the look muddled.

Lots of potentially great matchups this week.

Buccaneers in pewter pants vs Bills in white pants and blue socks.

Patriots silver pants vs Miami’s throwbacks

Cleveland needs orange pants against Seattle’s throwbacks, but I wouldn’t be upset with white. Just absolutely no brown.

Baltimore going with purple pants and black socks vs Arizona’s all red.

Knowing all these teams, they’ll fudge it up and give us the worst possible combinations.

I don't love the Eagles current look, but I don't understand all the hype around the throwback. The shade of green is nice I guess, but beyond that there isn't much I like. The old eagle logo is way too horizontal & overly detailed. From a distance it looks terrible. The jersey also has nothing going on. It's just a plain green t-shirt with the logo slapped on the sleeve.

The colour balance is completely off too. The helmet is green, silver, and white, with no black anywhere. The jersey is green, black, and white, with no silver anywhere. I think the '70s/'80s set is miles better than this one. Let the Jets be the lighter green & black team. The Eagles should use a darker green (not midnight) and silver combo.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I don't love the Eagles current look, but I don't understand all the hype around the throwback. The shade of green is nice I guess, but beyond that there isn't much I like. The old eagle logo is way too horizontal & overly detailed. From a distance it looks terrible. The jersey also has nothing going on. It's just a plain green t-shirt with the logo slapped on the sleeve.

The colour balance is completely off too. The helmet is green, silver, and white, with no black anywhere. The jersey is green, black, and white, with no silver anywhere. I think the '70s/'80s set is miles better than this one. Let the Jets be the lighter green & black team. The Eagles should use a darker green (not midnight) and silver combo.

spacer.png

I agree. Of all of the throwbacks that debuted this year, the Eagles is the one I like the least. There current set is a much better look when paired correctly. I wouldn't mind a slight update to the current set while keeping the current green and leaning more into silver instead of black. 

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2

If it were up to me, the Eagles uniforms would be:

Midnight green/white/black at home

White/midnight green/black on the road

Kelly green for two games per season, maybe mixed in at Dallas for a third time some seasons

That's it. No black jerseys or pants, no mixing and matching of any kind. The midnight green is unique and perfectly fine.

All that hype and excitement from last night would not be a thing if kelly became the primary.  This is how a lot of these owners/front offices feel, but people don't get it and will continue to beg teams to scrap their current uniforms.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

55 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

If it were up to me, the Eagles uniforms would be:

Midnight green/white/black at home

White/midnight green/black on the road

Kelly green for two games per season, maybe mixed in at Dallas for a third time some seasons

That's it. No black jerseys or pants, no mixing and matching of any kind. The midnight green is unique and perfectly fine.

All that hype and excitement from last night would not be a thing if kelly became the primary.  This is how a lot of these owners/front offices feel, but people don't get it and will continue to beg teams to scrap their current uniforms.

I don't really care what the owners think. Just wear the best looking uniforms at all times. What uniforms are the "best" can change from person to person, but marketing and owner/front office preference are my least favorite justifications for uniform decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, Michael Bolton said:

I know they often do WAH into November but I feel like it's usually paired with pewter pants. The white jersey/white pants combo seems to be reserved for typically one home game, usually early in the season, historically speaking (I'm not counting the alarm clock years since that look was such a clusterf***.)

I don't have the numbers in front of me right now, but the Bucs have definitely been wearing white pants more often in the 2.0 version of these uniforms than they did in the 1.0 version. In the past, white pants rarely showed up outside September, whereas they're worn often these days.

spacer.png