2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

This is a good compromise.  There's more white than the standard-issue NFL socks, but the little bit of black at the top goes a long way:

895011868.jpg.0.jpg

Fair, but many players don't even wear socks anymore. They just wear leggings that are either white or the same color as the pants.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Who could've seen this coming?

First time in some time I've seen the Ravens go this far out of their way to reveal their uniform of choice. I want to say the 2019 SNF game vs the Pats was the last such occasion, though that ended up with them wearing black/white in a game they heavily promoted as a "blackout" night and they started hyping it up on socials as early as the Tuesday or Wednesday before gameday.

Obviously, can't be surprised considering, much like last year, this is the only home primetime game that was scheduled from the jump. Only difference here is that there's more promotion to the fan "blackout" theme than last year's SNF clash with the Bengals. 

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Jets in green pants with the white jerseys would've made NYJ vs NYG a great uniform matchup.

Woody Johnson is making the uniform choice. No wonder his teams have been bad.

This doesn’t necessarily mean he makes the decisions. Might just be reporting it. Either way, this team does a terrible job.

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

Fair, but many players don't even wear socks anymore. They just wear leggings that are either white or the same color as the pants.

All players wear socks.  They're not wearing leggings that also cover their feet, and they're not barefoot in their spikes.

They could wear black tights and white socks that aren't ankle socks.  I'm not even asking for them to be calf-high.  Even crew socks would be fine.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is a head-scratcher by the Browns. They haven’t worn white over brown since Week 5 of the 2021 season. It won’t look bad, but orange pants were the clear best choice for this matchup. I hate when teams have three separate pants color options like this. The best combos end up being worn far fewer times than they should.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

This is a head-scratcher by the Browns. They haven’t worn white over brown since Week 5 of the 2021 season. It won’t look bad, but orange pants were the clear best choice for this matchup. I hate when teams have three separate pants color options like this. The best combos end up being worn far fewer times than they should.

Orange pants is their clear best choice for every matchup.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I think the white socks look better with the green pants than the black socks do, personally.

Hurts, Eagles clinch playoffs with 48-22 win over Giants – KXAN AustinJalen Hurts saves Eagles as Linval Joseph, Ndamukong Suh shine in debut

Both look good, but the white socks look symmetrical. I think white socks with stripes is the way to go on the road for Philly. 

They wear plain white socks too often already. Don’t encourage them. 

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Not a lock, but the Pats graphic they post 24 hours before the game has them in navy over grey. The uniform worn in this post has matched what they've worn on the field every week this season, but it is possible they're just using the picture from last week's game-winning score.

Those white striped socks look terrible with a navy jersey, but those should become the road socks.

• Like 5

Patriots fans love the silver pants, so I expect them to stick around for a while. I'm pretty sure Kraft likes the mono-blue (the team tried it with the old set back in 2002 (back-to-back home games, both losses). I think their thinking was the current set was that mono-blue would be the primary and they'd break out the silver pants for the alternate uniforms. If they keep winning with silver pants and the fans stay this insistent, I could see Kraft switching it around permanently. For now, I think they ride the silver pants until they lose. 

Patriots have to 'start over' after blowout loss to Packers - The Boston  GlobeThrowing it back: Photos of the Broncos' 2002 road win over the Patriots

The Patriots wear navy for the next three games, including today. If they win all three, the next one is on the road at the Giants. I'd be curious to see if they went white over silver for the first time since 1999 if they keep this up. 

Pats struggle to explain meltdown

Also, RE: Dallas in white pants. I've really come around on the silver-navy-white-navy combo for them, and I could honestly get behind it as a full-time thing, I think. Something about the silver helmet paired with that silver stripe on the pants trimmed by navy blue looks really good to me. Maybe it's just the novelty, though. 

• Like 4