2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

It looks like some Saints players are wearing contrasting black socks with the Color Rush today, but as expected most are wearing solid white. The black socks definitely improve the look I must say while the rest wearing white looks terrible. A black helmet with white from the shoulders down is just as dumb as it gets.

Also, the Saints Instagram comments are very telling to how the fans feel about the black helmets…

• Like 3

The Texans red helmet looks really great in action. It matches the jersey a lot better than it did in the photos, and the finish is especially nice. I wouldn’t want the head-to-toe “Battle Red” to be their main home combo, but even that doesn’t look bad at all.

• Like 6

Steelers/Bengals looking pretty good, if you ask me. Pittsburgh is usually a given and it’s always nice to see Cincinnati break out their Orange alternates against a team that also doesn’t wear any trace of orange.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

Steelers/Bengals looking pretty good, if you ask me. Pittsburgh is usually a given and it’s always nice to see Cincinnati break out their Orange alternates against a team that also doesn’t wear any trace of orange.

The only team they do that against is the Browns. Yellow and red teams aren’t much better choices. Blue, green, purple, black, gold, silver teams are clearly the best options, but that rarely happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

CBS is using throwback graphics for the Eagles which is awesome. First NBC did it for them and now CBS. I hope this continues with other teams.

CBS also used a red background for the Texans, who were wearing their all red alts, rather than the normal blue.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Let’s be honest, most of the Saints current combos are cringe.

Well, what do you expect? The NFL South is total cringe anyway. Those teams suck division wise, and their uniforms need some hope. The Bucs can do without the pewter jersey crap and just settle with the four combos. I already said my piece on the garbage Saints and Panthers uniforms and their whole team.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, AnPheitseog said:

CBS also used a red background for the Texans, who were wearing their all red alts, rather than the normal blue.

I noticed that CBS has been sort of experimenting with the scoreboard graphics, it seems like they switch it up when there is a potential clash of colors or something. I've seen CBS use both black and silver for the Raiders off the top of my head.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

51 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

A different stripe (or even no stripe) and we're all singing a different tune on here.

image-from-ios-34-1655396705.jpg?resize=

Interesting that it’s considered supposedly more “professional” to have your shins covered, but no one does here, not even the ref.

I’d personally prioritize the performance and the comfort of the athletes, & high socks don’t really seem to help with that much.

• Dislike 2