2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

They seem to keep wearing whichever combo they win in. Did the same last year and had better luck in all-blue, which is why it was worn so much. This year it’s thankfully the opposite.

Thank you Josh Allen for throwing 3 picks in Week 1 to the same guy.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Yeah, within the bounds of all of Tennessee's possible current combinations, I feel like this would probably be the ideal away combo for me. (Maybe light blue pants with navy socks would be tied with this look? Though I feel like that might be a little bottom-heavy for my taste.) Again, within the bounds of their current options, I like the following:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Is it ideal? Not really. But I could live with it.

Fun fact: as far as I could tell from the GUD, they've not worn columbia blue socks with their white pants away before. (I had to make that graphic.)

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Yeah, within the bounds of all of Tennessee's possible current combinations, I feel like this would probably be the ideal away combo for me. (Maybe light blue pants with navy socks would be tied with this look? Though I feel like that might be a little bottom-heavy for my taste.) Again, within the bounds of their current options, I like the following:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Is it ideal? Not really. But I could live with it.

Fun fact: as far as I could tell from the GUD, they've not worn columbia blue socks with their white pants away before. (I had to make that graphic.)

This is of course no fault of yours, but that graphic shows just how ill-conceived the cutesy notion of the "Tennessee notch" was and is and what happens when CFCS goes too far.

Then again, backwards 1s just about as Snatit as Snatit can get...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

45 minutes ago, tBBP said:

This is of course no fault of yours, but thay graphic shows just how ill-conceived the cutesy notion of the "Tennessee notch" was and is and what happens when CFCS goes too far.

Then again, backwards 1s just about as Snatit as Snatit can get...

(Uhhh, what's the "Tennessee notch?" Is that the serif thing?)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bowld said:

Ravens going White over Purple @ Pitt. Going to look great-

spacer.png

Can we petition this to be the Ravens full-time road uniform? Honestly, they can get rid of the black pants because these are much better.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Have you seen what the Broncos, Cardinals and Washingtons are wearing? And now just because you said that, watch the Lions go mono-grey. We truly can't have nice things.

Lions already announced their mono gray games and this isn't one of them. But I agree there are already a few and still plenty of potential bad-looking matchups this week.

Hopefully Saints Pats doesn't look like this again:

4R4D2QXNL4ADFETT7K55MQFC2E-6150c7730d340

16 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

(Uhhh, what's the "Tennessee notch?" Is that the serif thing?)

Yes. So called due to the shape of the state, or so Nike called it back when those cosplays were first unveiled...which is how they ended up with backwards-looking 1s. (The fact that something that seemingly nonsensible passed every level of quality control and assurance between both Nike and Ms. Adams Strunk/her head brass before being finalized into the final look still baffles me to this day.)

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Can we petition this to be the Ravens full-time road uniform? Honestly, they can get rid of the black pants because these are much better.

Send me the finalized petition at your earliest convenience...I'll sign it it bright, bold purple ink.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

On 10/2/2023 at 11:28 AM, canzman said:

Packers @ Raiders
jApf2qb.jpg JIt6DB4.jpg

This is my favourite uniform matchup in NFL history. It's a shame we only get to see it every 8 years.

On 10/2/2023 at 2:36 PM, Cujo said:

Imagine the New York Yankees wearing navy hats and with jerseys using royal lettering. Embarrassing, right? That is what the Cowboys have been trying to get away with.

No other team in pro sports does this. It actually goes against the true definition of "uniform". It looks so poverty. You would think the richest North American pro sports franchise would be able to address it.

Not defending the Cowboys, but the Yankees aren't the best example to cite. At least not while they use two different interlocking NYs on the same uniform. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 3:44 PM, DCarp1231 said:

TruColor didn’t deliberately spread misinformation and was simply hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, ran amok, and flat out deceived by someone thought to be credible.

Allegedly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

46 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

"Snowcapped", they say...

...Speaking of saying, and this is the conspiracist talking now, but anyone else think Denver may be teasing a hidden-in-plain-sight soft reveal of their upcoming brand revamp??? 😉😁😄

Since I'm on this, I'm actually kind of torn on the Broncos' brand identity. On the one hand, I see no good way of updating their current horse head that won't jack it up. (Maybe the lightest of a refresh may be all it needs...refine a few curves, freshen a line here or there, that sort of thing.) I've seen concepts adding a horsehead D logo...I think that could work. As for the uniforms themselves...I can never decide if they're timeless or dated. A case can be made for either extreme. The problem with them at current though is that the uniform set was CLEARLY designed with navy as the primary dark color; the orange used-to-be-alts-and-now-primaries have just never looked right to me, and they still don't.

One thing I will say though is that I truly believe they should keep their current NOB/number font. It still feels modern to me, and after nearly 30 years wearing it (!), it may as well be to them what the Bears' rounded numerals have been to them for something like 70 years (save for that short aberration somewhere in the 70s when for some reason they employed block for a short spell). 

All that said, I do think they should update the blue to something closer to what they used pre-'96. Not quite royal, not quite process, but somewhere in between the two. Navy has indeed run its course.

46 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The problem with them at current though is that the uniform set was CLEARLY designed with navy as the primary dark color; the orange used-to-be-alts-and-now-primaries have just never looked right to me, and they still don't.

This is a great point. The orange home jerseys are the most dull, uninspired use of the color orange that I have ever seen.

47 minutes ago, tBBP said:

All that said, I do think they should update the blue to something closer to what they used pre-'96. Not quite royal, not quite process, but somewhere in between the two. Navy has indeed run its course.

Why stop at a halfway point in regards to the color? If you're going to move back towards more vibrant colors, go all the way.