2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Did defenders punch at the ball as much in like the 90s and before? I feel like DBs punching away at the ball in a receiver or RBs hands is something you see on nearly every possession, but I don't remember it being as much of a thing when I was growing up.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Did defenders punch at the ball as much in like the 90s and before? I feel like DBs punching away at the ball in a receiver or RBs hands is something you see on nearly every possession, but I don't remember it being as much of a thing when I was growing up.

Off the top of my head, I think you're right, but mostly because there was more of an emphasis on tackling, so you'd see more fumbles caused by defenders leading with their helmets into the ball when they wrap (which is how I was taught back in the day -"hat on the ball".)

The past 10-20 years, it feels like people do whatever they can to avoid tackling, especially DBs, but now even LBs, who are often just glorified safeties these days.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's probably called the Peanut Punch for a reason...I dunno if Charles Tillman created it, but he definitely perfected the art of it and brought it into the mainstream.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Brandon Staley coaching like he knows today's his final game on the sidelines. His 4th down decisions and execution have been more egregious than normal today. The Chargers would be in this game vs Denver had he just opted for field goals in those situations.

6uXNWAo.png

When Josh Dobbs is so bad that Nick Mullens is a better option.

Wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

And somehow it worked out lmao. The best part is that the last 3-0 game, Steelers/Dolphins 2007, was at least on some of the worst grass/mud ever in a downpour. This was indoors, there's no excuse for this offensive incompetence.

"No foul for holding", (then broadcast immediately show replay where lineman's jersey is nearly pulled off due to holding that resulted in a flag being thrown that was ultimately dismissed by the ref who didn't even see it happen.)

But clowns think the Eagles get all the breaks

• Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

"No foul for holding", (then broadcast immediately show replay where lineman's jersey is nearly pulled off due to holding that resulted in a flag being thrown that was ultimately dismissed by the ref who didn't even see it happen.)

But clowns think the Eagles get all the breaks

Your team is 10-2. You're looking for sympathy in the wrong place.

• Applause 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags