2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Who cares about the Cowboys? The NFL's golden boy is big mad and everyone loves it.

Leave Josh Allen out of your nonsense. He's been through enough this season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

That’s an offensive off sides? On a guard? Lol ok. Dallas is doing a good enough job whooping the Eagles without that, thx. 

Though if that’s a 1st, the turnover doesn’t happen, so kinda important. There’s no universe in which that was offensive offsides, other than Goodell wants to kill the push. 

This Cowboys fan agrees with you. I didn’t see it. The guard’s helmet was even with the center’s, if not slightly behind.  It definitely wasn’t egregious like the KC offsides. There were a lot of bad calls and missed calls in the game. Just take solace in the fact that the Cowboys will commit a series of unimaginably stupid mistakes against the Bucs and lose in the first round . I have no hope.

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Just take solace in the fact that the Cowboys will commit a series of unimaginably stupid mistakes against the Bucs and lose in the first round

In a normal year I'd agree with you, but this doesn't seem like a normal year.  I think they're legit good, and Dak doesn't seem to be ass - at least not yet.  Even if the Eagles win the division, I haven't looked at what the bracket would be, but they'd need to hope that Dallas chokes on the road and someone beats SF in the division round.  I cannot see them getting past the division round, even though it'd be at home if they win out.

At this point, it's moot, because I can't see the Eagles d-backs stopping even the lowly Giants, unless they send Big Dom on a mission to break Tommy Devito's knees, which sounds like the Sopranoiest thing that could ever happen.   As an Eagles fan, the only solace that we can take is that the Eagles have been playing top teams each week for the past 5, with a short week mixed in, while SF and DAL were coming off of mini-byes and were theoretically well rested.  It doesn't get better, as they have to fly to Seattle for a Monday night game, then fly back across country on what is another short week.  But that still doesn't explain getting totally routed - that's simply not being good enough.

I hate Sean Desai and Briain Johnson with a passion, and am pretty sure at least one of them is fired by Howie, whether Siriani likes it or not.  Overpaying for complete turds like Slay, at the expense of slot and safety depth should be enough to teach Howie a lesson that he's not infallible.  The September Eagles, while not firing on all cylindars even then, would beat the December Eagles by 3 scores.

I still think the Eagles are better than any of those fraud Vik.... you now what - never mind.  They're probably not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Chiefs did their heel turn last night and people are out for blood.

Too bad I can't see replies in the X app. This thread looks like fun:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Chiefs did their heel turn last night and people are out for blood.

Too bad I can't see replies in the X app. This thread looks like fun:

LOL Josh Allen is all of us. He does not give a fuCCCCCC.

The funniest part of this is  they're all furious over for a correctly called penalty. HE'S OFFSIDES! IT'S NOT EVEN A JUDGMENT CALL! That's as objective a penalty as they can get. 

• Like 6

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Chiefs are going to amazing lengths to deflect blame from Toney (who plain as day was 100000% at fault) to the refereess. Andy Reid and especially Mahomes are coming off like a total jackasses, literally telling the NFL they should be able to get away with offsides. How fxxking intitled can these guys be?

6uXNWAo.png

40 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Is that even a picture of the same play?

I may be missing some sarcasm here.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Look closer.

I don't know about Mahomes' specific objection, but I think the big thing is that the refs usually say "hey 85, back up a step".  But that's when they're split wide, and he didn't even check anyway.

Now they're saying that they may have let it go, except that he was obstructing the side judge's view of the ball, so he felt like he had to throw the flag even if it may normally have been let go or resulted in a mere warning.

I think this is a pretty good explanation from the referee.  I don't blame Chiefs fans from being upset - we all would if it was our team, but as a non-partisan fan and especially after reading that, I can say that it should have been called - and I would imagine that rational Chiefs fans will eventually agree.

GBCNFs1XoAAuhU6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

All I can say is, look at where Toney is in this pic. It's clearly a joke.

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

It doesn't get better, as they have to fly to Seattle for a Monday night game, then fly back across country on what is another short week.

Don't think this is as daunting as you think it is. You'll get either banged-up Geno or Drew Lock as your opponent. The Seahawks are in their own heads right now. You'll be fine.

I was looking at the line of scrimmage and didn't even see Toney in the picture.

My bad.  😳

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Just now, ruttep said:

Don't think this is as daunting as you think it is. You'll get either banged-up Geno or Drew Lock as your opponent. The Seahawks are in their own heads right now. You'll be fine.

Not as much as the Eagles.  An anonymous player told a reporter that they're pissed off about how much better the Cowboys play design is than theirs, and how the Cowboys plays are designed to get the ball out of Dak's hands quickly, while their plays take 10 minutes to develop and result in fire drills where Jalen either gets sacked or has to motion for guys to go somewhere they weren't supposed to.

That's pretty much unheard of for this team in the Sirianni era, and especially with Jalen Hurts, who is among the best leaders I've ever seen.  That's clearly a shot at their overmatched OC, and a potential sign that they're falling apart.

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

their plays take 10 minutes to develop and result in fire drills where Jalen either gets sacked or has to motion for guys to go somewhere they weren't supposed to.

Is it that the receivers can't get separation and get open? Has it been a consistent issue throughout the season? Because I thought the Eagles have the best O-line in the league and Hurts has elite mobility. I know the Niners got a bunch of coverage sacks on the Eagles because the secondary was lockdown, and that combined with stopping the run neutralized the Eagles offense.

58 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Is it that the receivers can't get separation and get open? Has it been a consistent issue throughout the season? Because I thought the Eagles have the best O-line in the league and Hurts has elite mobility. I know the Niners got a bunch of coverage sacks on the Eagles because the secondary was lockdown, and that combined with stopping the run neutralized the Eagles offense.

do think they have an elite line, and AJ Brown and Devonta Smith are elite receivers, and Hurts does have elite mobility and excellent accuracy.  Dallas Goedert is an upper-tier TE, and D'andre Swift is also upper tier.  The talent is absolutely not the problem.

They don't ever seem to have plays where they create mismatches, like some dopey LB covering an elite WR or TE, or have quick-developing slants, or get into some good running rhythm that opens up play action.  It hasn't been all year - they've had some games where things have looked well-oiled, but overall, this year has been bad, and they keep saying after every game "we're not firing on all cylinders, we have to clean things up."  Talent is enough to win a few games, but not against elite teams like SF and Dallas. 

And when you have that talent, it comes down to coaching, which is clearly not there.  I guess that's what can happen when you're good and lose your coordinators.  Gannon was a complete tool on defense, but it's hard to argue with the results.  They seem to like what they call the "Vic Fangio" scheme, which is basically "try to sack them, but if not, give them whatever they want, just don't let them by you" - except they're forgetting about that last part.

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They don't ever seem to have plays where they create mismatches, like some dopey LB covering an elite WR or TE, or have quick-developing slants, or get into some good running rhythm that opens up play action.  It hasn't been all year - they've had some games where things have looked well-oiled, but overall, this year has been bad, and they keep saying after every game "we're not firing on all cylinders, we have to clean things up."  Talent is enough to win a few games, but not against elite teams like SF and Dallas. 

The Eagles were carving the Niners defense up early in the game last week with quick slants to AJ Brown, not sure why they stopped doing that. I'm not denying the Eagles' talent at all, there's a reason why last year, combined with a good offensive scheme, they were unstoppable. I absolutely agree with you that the playcalling is the issue here. Give these guys a competent game plan, and they'll run over everyone.