2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

7 minutes ago, Unocal said:

I am surprised Jerryworld hasn't gotten another SB.

Like, can we give them a 2nd chance preferable withot snow?

Seriously, Jerryworld seems like the NFL's wet dream of a Super Bowl host. Over 100k capacity, huge market with a huge fanbase, indoor stadium. Plus Jerry Jones is one of the more influential owners in the NFL. Wonder why he hasn't forced their hand on this yet. (To be clear, 🤬 the Cowboys, but a Super Bowl at Jerryworld would make sense for the NFL)

35 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Seriously, Jerryworld seems like the NFL's wet dream of a Super Bowl host. Over 100k capacity, huge market with a huge fanbase, indoor stadium. Plus Jerry Jones is one of the more influential owners in the NFL. Wonder why he hasn't forced their hand on this yet. (To be clear, 🤬 the Cowboys, but a Super Bowl at Jerryworld would make sense for the NFL)

I agree, but it's possible that he's the reason why it's not there.  Maybe he wants too much and isn't willing to bend over as much as other sites do, or maybe it's an Arlington thing (not sure who actually bids on it - Arlington, Dallas, or both.)  Maybe they didn't get the expected economic windfall last time.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

58 minutes ago, ruttep said:

They claim that seating. Have y'all forgotten the cluster that was seating for the Super Bowl at Jerry World? Seats just didn't exist even though tickets existed with those numbers.

It also didn't help that they had an ice storm and had no way to deal with it, causing safety issues for all involved.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

They claim that seating. Have y'all forgotten the cluster that was seating for the Super Bowl at Jerry World? Seats just didn't exist even though tickets existed with those numbers.

I don't remember it (I was six at the time of that Super Bowl). What happened?

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

I don't remember it (I was six at the time of that Super Bowl). What happened?

Exactly as described, They claimed to install extra seats and people who bought them went to where they were supposed to be. They didn't exist.

• WOAH 1

It's where I sit.

It'll be fun when Buffalo gets its Super Bowl in a few years.

People who complained about Detroit and Jacksonville will feel silly. Buffalo in February for the Super Bowl is going to be hilarious.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

35 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It also didn't help that they had an ice storm and had no way to deal with it, causing safety issues for all involved.

Remember Super Bowl 2012 in Indianapolis? That was an unseasonably warm weekend...but had that game been played a good two or three days beforehand we'd have been saying something similar about Indy. Let's just say the city got fortunate the cold, snow and jack frost let up before that big game. (Not mentioned: how the city tore up permanent infrastructure to build the downtown Super Bowl village. Said rebuilt infrastructure still exists today in what has become quite the remarkable rebuild and resurgence of downtown Naptown.)

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

People who complained about Detroit and Jacksonville will feel silly. Buffalo in February for the Super Bowl is going to be hilarious.

I'm all here for it. If I hit the jackpot before that happens, I'm 50-yard line as close to the front row as I can get.

(Seriously, [the] Buffalo [region] might be one of my favorite locales in the country, even with all the ridiculous amounts of snow.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Buffalo’s new stadium is going to be open-air. I would love Buffalo to get a Super Bowl because their fanbase deserves at least one chance to watch a Super Bowl live but also because it’ll open the door for Chicago and Kansas City. Unfortunately, the NFL isn’t going to put The Big Game anywhere outside the Sun Belt or the token northern city with a new domed/retractable roof stadium because people aren’t going to pay tens of thousands of dollars to freeze their ass off. 

11 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

the NFL isn’t going to put The Big Game anywhere outside the Sun Belt or the token northern city with a new domed/retractable roof stadium because people aren’t going to pay tens of thousands of dollars to freeze their ass off. 

Superbowl-photo.jpg

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eagles OC apparently apologized to the team at a meeting, admitted he's been sucking, and will try to get better.  Offense is predictable and plays take too long to develop.  So basically what we all knew, but he's taking ownership.  Unfortunately, taking ownership don't mean a damned thing if you don't fix it.

DC claims he's making right calls, but getting caught with practice-squad rookies covering guys like CeeDee Lamb, and other teams simply making good calls against the D.  LOL dude - isn't your job to make it so they don't make good calls against your D because maybe it's disguised?  And try to hide losers as much as possible by either giving them help with a safety or doing whatever the good DCs do?

Season is a total disaster, and at least the OC is admitting his role.  DC is awful, but his loser-ass DBs and LBs aren't helping.  For as great as Howie is, he left them with no depth once two key guys got hurt - really one key guy (Avonte Maddox, who's injury prone anyway, and a GM like Howie should have invested more in depth that can play this year, not rookies that might be great, but not right now.)

Coming off of last year, and with the caliber of dudes they have, this is a failure of GMing, coaching, and a handful of the players.  With upcoming nearly-certain retirement of Kelce and Brandon Graham, possible retirement of Lane Johnson and Fletcher Cox, and continuing decline of No Play Slay and James Bradbury, this is going to get worse a hell of a lot sooner than it's going to get better.

33 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Chargers? Uhh, you good? 42-0 in the FIRST HALF.

I'm shocked they didn't just yeet Brandon Staley's sorry ass into the Luxor at halftime. This is clearly a team that has given up once they heard that Herbert was done for the year.

On 12/13/2023 at 4:21 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Dear God please no. Some "celebrity" from The Real Housewives of Duluth would tweet out they were bored while they were in town, and it would live in our collective psyche forever. People are just starting to forget about the Anderson Cooper Dyngus Day scandal!

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

As if the Easton Stick led Chargers are capable of putting up points

Okay, I seriously just had to go look and see if that name was real...

...Turns out, it is. Sheesh...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||