MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

On 2/5/2024 at 10:39 PM, aawagner011 said:

Real photo of NYCFC replica.

On 2/6/2024 at 12:43 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I am loving the partial logos popping up with a lot of these, more of that please! 

Charlotte especially would do itself favors by putting their monogram logo on a kit instead of the crown roundel. 

(not that it definitely looks and sounds like something else

zyzu0hv4pibkoxhgzygc.png

The only team that is a disappointment based on leaks so far is Seattle. That kit isn't bad in any sense, but it's very traditional/classic looking for a team running out its first kit after a rebrand -- a team that already has a very contemporary image. 

They have this brand new tri-color colorway to work with and they give us a kit that appears to be rave green and white with pinstripes? 

This. There’s a few teams in MLS that would do their kits a favor by using their monogram logos instead of their badges. It looks fabulous on NYCFC kits and CLTFC is a perfect example of this as well. It’s miles better than the roundel crown logo. 

NYCdog.png

If that Sounders jersey is legit, then the team is going to be using a pea soup shade for another two seasons at least, and the shade of blue for the stripes is a different shade than the one on the anthem jacket.

So it looks like the team came up with a new colour scheme with the rebrand, and apart from the badge, it's not going to be used on the pitch this year, and with the last three change uniforms not using green or blue and the team not getting a third kit this season, it could be 2026 untill we see the Sounders take the field in the new colours.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Better look at the new Orlando shirt. It’s fine for a one-off, but seeing this makes me glad they updated the crest when they jumped up to MLS.

spacer.png

I actually like this logo better, but I understand that they needed a logo that can work in digital presentations better.

6k82k7rzbdic1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

39 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Better look at the new Orlando shirt. It’s fine for a one-off, but seeing this makes me glad they updated the crest when they jumped up to MLS.

spacer.png

The interesting thing is that they didn’t just slap the USL crest on there, they updated and modernized it a bit. This version has “Orlando City” arched across the top, whereas the USL crest had “City” below the lions. The lions themselves also appear to have been cleaned up substantially and now extend beyond the shield shape. Here’s the original USL crest for reference:

spacer.png

• Like 7

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The interesting thing is that they didn’t just slap the USL crest on there, they updated and modernized it a bit. This version has “Orlando City” arched across the top, whereas the USL crest had “City” below the lions. The lions themselves also appear to have been cleaned up substantially and now extend beyond the shield shape. Here’s the original USL crest for reference:

I noticed that as well, which makes me curious about the final product -- does the old one belong to their old league? Did they think it was too cringe to put on a shirt in this era of Take Us Seriously MLS? Or maybe just a clever merging of eras if they use fonts and lions that are closer to the current one.

1 minute ago, Digby said:

I noticed that as well, which makes me curious about the final product -- does the old one belong to their old league? Did they think it was too cringe to put on a shirt in this era of Take Us Seriously MLS? Or maybe just a clever merging of eras if they use fonts and lions that are closer to the current one.

MLS probably refuses to use the actual logo since it wasn't part of their properties. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like red sleeves as a change of pace for the Revolution, though it seems that AND the dotted pinstripes are too many design elements. One or the other would've been nice on their totally plain previous home kit. Also, what does any of this have to do with the Boston Tea Party?

• Like 3

Just now, Digby said:

I like red sleeves as a change of pace for the Revolution, though it seems that AND the dotted pinstripes are too many design elements. One or the other would've been nice on their totally plain previous home kit. Also, what does any of this have to do with the Boston Tea Party?

Agreed on the sleeves. Revs were sort of falling into a pit of drabness with navy blue-heavy kits; the sleeves are an injection of color and a nice change of pace.

But your guess is as good as mine on the Tea Party connection. Checked their website to see if there was an explainer, but only a video of players wearing the new kits in front of exploding ships. 🤷‍♂️

Columbus%20Crew%202024-2025%20Home%20Kit

Reported Crew home shirt. The Massive Reddit group posted links to Rally House that have since been killed. Not a bad look, but a surprise to be certain based on previous discussions about what the shirt was supposed to represent, as a "return to home" impression. I think this shirt would look better with black shorts than yellow, but we'll see. I don't like that the yellow is lighter with this shirt, but it's not that big a deal if it helps the design stand out. I can't make out what the wording is on the state silhouette, but based on teasers I believe it's the GPS coordinates for Lower.com Field. 

I also like that they have included the Spanish phrase, "Everyone's Invited". There had been issues with the Spanish speaking supporter groups and the front office all the way back to when the Hunt's were running the team. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Reported Crew home shirt. The Massive Reddit group posted links to Rally House that have since been killed. Not a bad look, but a surprise to be certain based on previous discussions about what the shirt was supposed to represent, as a "return to home" impression. I think this shirt would look better with black shorts than yellow, but we'll see. 

Charlie Brown ???
cb-color.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • WOAH 1