2024 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

Adidas updates its kit font. It’s not particularly pleasing, but it does look easily legible.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meanwhile, Germany will continue its trend of getting a bespoke font. I’m not sure how they keep getting special treatment (being the home of adidas and the host for Euro 2024 helps, but they’ve had bespoke fonts for a couple years now), but I’m not complaining because it usually looks better than the stock font. I rather like this one.

• Like 1

Adidas just released the new kits for their teams based in the Americas. Europe is supposed to drop tomorrow.

spacer.png

Looks like Argentina will have black shorts. I was hoping that would be the case. Makes a great kit even better. And I especially like the secondary shirt with the albiceleste stripes flowing from the shirt into the shorts.

Looks like adidas will continue to offer authentic long sleeves, which tend to be a rarity these days.

spacer.png

Also a rarity: patterned backs! I know for sure the Germany away also features the gradient pattern so we will have to keep an eye out for others.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here are several looks at the adidas font. These fonts look better than the leak but still need to see the full font family.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• LOL 1

And now the European counterparts have dropped!

spacer.png

I believe this is the first full look at the controversial pink DFB kit. And all white has been confirmed as the default home option.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There is definitely a black change short. So far I have only found the women’s variant.

spacer.png

As well as a white change option for the pink shirt. 

spacer.png

Lastly on Germany, that long sleeve option! Kai Havertz and Leroy Sané will look top notch this summer!

spacer.png

Looks like Spain will also get a bespoke font. And I can’t say 100% but I believe the fonts shown on Italy and Belgium are the stock adidas font.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hurl 1

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

Also a rarity: patterned backs! I know for sure the Germany away also features the gradient pattern so we will have to keep an eye out for others.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mexico looks horrible with the monochrome designs. The home should at least flip the G/W/R to R/W/G for that shirt. Those shorts are the worst thing I've seen since the adidas kits with bra straps on them. 

282531_8q_H5sTS2zXKSkI84BSIoQbiP.jpg

0-adidas-techfit-powerweb-2010-kit-techn

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Mexiko home kit must be green shirt, white shorts and red socks! This new home kit is a disgrace.

Same is with the shorts for Germany. Germany is white shirt black shorts and white socks. Why do they keep messing up such basic things? It is not that hard to do it right.

• Like 3

Mexico has done black home kits so frequently in recent cycles that this doesn't even register to me. As a federation they're clearly not into the tradition at this point, so whatever. Lots of nice designs and interesting color choices here but the template is just horrendous.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I don’t know why, but I keep finding myself absolutely loving the Belgium Tintin kit. It’s not what I’d ever imagine Belgium wearing and I’m sure it’s going to raise some questions from viewers who aren’t familiar with Tintin, but I really like it as an out-of-the-box way to tie a kit into national culture and history without having to use national colors.

I wish they didn’t feel the need to have that white side panel filled in (I feel like it’s only filled in to show off the template’s features, not as a complimentary feature), but otherwise, it’s a really fun kit and one of my favorites of 2024.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 hours ago, Saturn said:

These are worse than the 2006 era kits. Everyone involved should be fired.

Hard disagree. There are many unique design patterns and touches that distinguish each team from one another. The 2006 Teamgeist era was largely paint by numbers and lacked individuality for the most part. And this is coming from someone who liked the Teamgeist look (possibly nostalgia as it was absolutely a moment in time in terms of kit design).

———

Cool detail I noticed about Spain. The crest on their shirt has a red shield. I figured the shorts would, too, but they use a blue shield. So basically the shield is transparent with only the yellow detailing and it always takes the background color. I like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

———

Argentina will use gold numbers on the secondary kit. Wouldn’t have been my first choice, but looks ok. Befitting of the champions.

spacer.png

They will also print the numbers above the crest on the shorts. You see this once in a while, but it is definitely less common these days. Most of the time, it’s above the manufacturer logo on the other side.

———

Why does Germany use a drop shadow number on the home shirt but no drop shadow on the away?

spacer.png

I really hate the monochrome crest on the Argentina home shirt. Completely unnecessary when the full-color version is already primarily gold and would’ve worked just as well with the gold adidas logo. Since it’s a home shirt, the flag stripes in the badge should be rendered correctly IMO. Plus, the black AFA logo would’ve helped to tie in the black numbers at least a little bit. I do quite like their new away kit, although I’d love to see it with white shorts. Also hard not to feel like the gold numbers do seem out of place. 

I don’t like that Mexico home kit at all. I like the pattern on their away shirt a lot, but don’t love the gray/bright green color scheme. 

Belgium are my clear winners of Adidas’ European range (really their entire 2024 crop). The TinTin kit is fantastic, and their home kit deserves praise too. Germany’s home kit is nice, but I don’t like it nearly as much as some other people seem to (especially paired with the white shorts). Spain’s home kit is perfectly fine, which is a lot better than I can say for some of the other efforts. Wales away kit would be my sleeper pick of the bunch. For me, I think that’s one that maybe won’t get a ton of recognition but should.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don’t know why, but I keep finding myself absolutely loving the Belgium Tintin kit. It’s not what I’d ever imagine Belgium wearing and I’m sure it’s going to raise some questions from viewers who aren’t familiar with Tintin, but I really like it as an out-of-the-box way to tie a kit into national culture and history without having to use national colors.

I wish they didn’t feel the need to have that white side panel filled in (I feel like it’s only filled in to show off the template’s features, not as a complimentary feature), but otherwise, it’s a really fun kit and one of my favorites of 2024.

I absolutely love how Belgium uses the Away kit for cultural references. Now we have the Tintin kit, they also already had an away kit dedicated to the Tomorrowland festival and one in the design of the famous kit the Cycling national team uses. Really clever way to promote other aspects of the country.

• Like 2

Massive Nike leak

France away, I really liked this one when it leaked earlier with the two tone pinstripes, but I am not liking the two tone pinstripes on the shorts at all!

USA - I am convinced the original leak was from a fake, because these look way better.

Edit - better pic with the France away shorts. Yikes!

spacer.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrOrange said:

Mon dieu - I'm loving the French "color pine stripes" away uniform 😍 - (IMO ugly) FFF logo aside.

I love the shirt, but they don’t work for me on the shorts. Plain blue shorts would be much better. The problem lies in that the contrast of blue and red pinstripes against the white shirt is the same, however, the white pinstripes against the blue shorts stick out too much compared to the red pinstripes.

• Like 1

I’m weirdly loving those France shorts, more so than the shirt actually. Very quirky, but something the French can pull off IMO. Their home kit is fantastic, too. Loving the enlarged, colorful badge on both kits. I’m a big fan of both England kits as well, though from what I’ve seen it doesn’t seem like England fans are all that fond of the away kit (not necessarily surprised about that). 

As for the US kits, I think the home is pretty close to ideal. I’m fully expecting the WC26 home kit to be Waldos or something more adventurous, so I’m happy to see a relatively plain design once again for this kit cycle. The cuffs are great, and the collar is a little odd but still nice. I don’t like the away kit at all, but that’s been a common theme for a number of years now.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1