2024 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

I have to add this photo, because the shorts elevate the entire look. Now that I’ve seen the stripes on the short, I feel more confident in saying the entire collar should have been blue. It’s kinda stripe overload. Still great, though.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I have to add this photo, because the shorts elevate the entire look. Now that I’ve seen the stripes on the short, I feel more confident in saying the entire collar should have been blue. It’s kinda stripe overload. Still great, though.

spacer.png

Now I just want to know what the number font will be. If they carryover the numbers from last time it should be fine. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/16/2024 at 11:36 AM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

The shorts are terrific, bravo to Nike on this set.

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4nw4s8AsEL/?igsh=MXQ4eDJscDlrc2lwYg==

This might actually be good...? Feels impossible for the disaster that has been the Nike-Canada relationship. 

“Inspired by our past”

I’m not very familiar with any particular iconic Canada kits….could they possibly be drawing inspiration from the 1986 World Cup kit?

spacer.png

Seems like drawing on thier WC debut would be more fitting for 2026 (40th anniversary AND co-hosting), but with the ‘86 wordmark visible under the inner collar, it seems like that’s where they might be going.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Hopefully it’s more interesting that what Canadas men have gotten the last 2 cycles

The Canada men have been treated pretty bad regardless of who did their uniforms. But the fact taha Nike didn't have anything ready for 2022 was pretty bad. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Pabig93 said:

Norway's new home kit is absolutely amazing. 10/10

norway-2024-kits%20%282%29.jpg

I wouldn't call it amazing, it feels like there are too many shades of red and blue used and they could have used just one shade of red and two shades of blue. The mismatched cuffs and collar look odd too, and not really feeling the odd construction of so many of the collars for the Nike Jerseys this year.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Well, I was very wrong about Canada - pretty much the only thing tying back to 1986 is the wordmark inside the collar. Everything else is quite different:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The treatment of the Swoosh in the oval is very odd. Haven't seen that before, certainly not on any of the other kits in this cycle.

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

spacer.png

I don't know how I feel about the home shirt, but I do like the away kit. That oval Nike logo is a neat little change that's specific to Canada as well. 

On 3/16/2024 at 11:36 AM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

As much as people want to call this boring, I'm happy they didn't copy England by using the color of the shorts on the side inserts for the jerseys. I'd expect the numbers to be blue with red trim, but even if it's only a blue number these will look good as long as the font isn't something wacky. 

england-2024-home-kit%20(5).jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, NickSixers said:

The treatment of the Swoosh in the oval is very odd. Haven't seen that before, certainly not on any of the other kits in this cycle.

Per Nike:

"Canada’s 2024 Home kit celebrates the country’s sporting DNA. The shirt’s two-tone red features a rebranded Swoosh made famous on Nike hockey jerseys of the past". 

vintage_90s_hockey_jersey_1633329333_d66

e3c187e8ec0e6dee_original.jpeg

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't know how I feel about the home shirt, but I do like the away kit. That oval Nike logo is a neat little change that's specific to Canada as well. 

As much as people want to call this boring, I'm happy they didn't copy England by using the color of the shorts on the side inserts for the jerseys. I'd expect the numbers to be blue with red trim, but even if it's only a blue number these will look good as long as the font isn't something wacky. 

england-2024-home-kit%20(5).jpg

Looks like they will carry over the old school block numbers from the 2022 WC kits and the most recent third kit.

spacer.png

Also, lmfao at Nike trying to label the away kit as inspired from 1950. What a freaking reach.

The USA sash has never been oriented that way (it’s always descending). Nor has it ever featured on the back of a shirt. And since when has a sash been worn from the waist to the belly button?

We have had many fitting 1950 tributes over the years, and nothing about this new shirt makes me think about that team. If anything, it makes me think of this:

spacer.png

…which is fine, but I hate that we are labeling this a 1950 tribute, which means we probably won’t see it for another 10 years, and that’s a shame because I truly think the sash is one of the best sources of inspiration we have. Hopefully 2026 gives us some good designs, like a tastefully done Waldo.

• Like 1