2024 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

USA kits look like they’re carrying over the font from the current set (seen on their website. Can’t re-find the pic so very much a “dude trust me” note from me)

overall it’s a 9/10 for me, but imo the best set since the 2016 World Cup. The vibrant blue stands out in merch, I think embracing that is the right direction to carry. 

on the white, either the collar or the sleeve caps should be solid blue. With the shorts complementing so much with the stripes band, there’s just a lot of stripes, and I think it would tie together better.

on the blue/red sash kit, I think we can do without the side stripe, it would look more complete if the pattern wasn’t interrupted at all.

all that being said, it’s definitely bright and colorful (imo a good thing in international play), easily identifiable & true to brand (not hard to tell which is team USA in a random match), and has a lot of personality without being ridiculous or confusing.

I’ll be purchasing one!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Oh Canada... 😵‍💫

If Nike was a country I could understand the Nike "hockey logo" history callback and collar swosh...

but the country is Canada - and even going if they want to do a "hockey" connection, the Canada hockey jerseys themselves don't look as weird.

the away is slightly better, but nothing special.

Sidenote: Thankfully I recently found and bought (albeit non authentic) male version of their 2021 women's jerseys.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Canada needs to drop Nike

Nike takes care of the women's team pretty well. The men on the other hand, they are last in line. To be fair, until the 2022 cycle the men hadn't been close to making it in. I also think with this kit group, Nike decided that now was the time to take some chances with a team, and I'm sure Canada was on board, especially seeing how far in the red the organization overall is. It's why the Canadian team had a better uniform in Ted Lasso than they had in real life at the time.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

It’s kinda weird how the home kit uses a royal blue collar and shorts, but a navy swoosh and color on the crest. Just pick a shade. If it’s me, I almost always choose navy for the national team.

spacer.png

I'm fine with the USA keeping navy for the badge and swoosh while using a slightly different color for the rest of the uniform. Personally, I think the blue that they use should be a closer match to the US flag instead of going with navy blue. 

12 minutes ago, MrOrange said:

Oh Canada... 😵‍💫

If Nike was a country I could understand the Nike "hockey logo" history callback and collar swosh...

but the country is Canada - and even going if they want to do a "hockey" connection, the Canada hockey jerseys themselves don't look as weird.

the away is slightly better, but nothing special.

Sidenote: Thankfully I recently found and bought (albeit non authentic) male version of their 2021 women's jerseys.

spacer.png

I think if both kits used the same patterns as the away kit for 2024, Canada would be one of the best overall looks this cycle. Instead the stacked logos and numbers will be used for the home jerseys, and that's not a good look with that version of the swoosh.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, bigred5050 said:

Is the new Canada white kit actually white? It looks almost cream in some of the photos. Vintage white??

It's white. The filter they use in the pictures doesn't help make it clear.

canada-2024-kits%20(13).jpg

canada-2024-kits%20(5).jpg

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Some better looks at the new Canada kits on actual players here:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m a big fan of the white kit, and the red kit is growing on me the more I see it. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I LOVE the oval swoosh. Gives a 90’s feel to these kits, and I like that it’s an exclusive detail for Canada. I actually think both kits look better with the red shorts. 

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I love it- it does feel like sort of a make good considering how the CANMNT got nothing new for 2022, that we got something unique. That said...despite the cursed results I think they're a little bit of a step down from the womens' kits. I'm thankful we're keeping the name/number font, which feels somewhat "Iconic" as much as anything in Canada Soccer can be.

New home kits for Ireland's men's team with a "heritage shield knot print symbolic of protection, kinship, and unity":

front-7.jpg

The women's team will wear the previous home kit until early 2025, when they'll get a new one in time for Euro 2025.

Sky's sponsorship now extends to the men's team. They were previously only sponsoring the women's teams. All men's and women's retail jerseys will now have the Sky logo on the front.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

New home kits for Ireland's men's team with a "heritage shield knot print symbolic of protection, kinship, and unity":

front-7.jpg

The women's team will wear the previous home kit until early 2025, when they'll get a new one in time for Euro 2025.

Sky's sponsorship now extends to the men's team. They were previously only sponsoring the women's teams. All men's and women's retail jerseys will now have the Sky logo on the front.

I'm sure part of it is the money Ireland gets, but to me it's interesting that Canada or another NT that is in debt hasn't done this. I'm assuming for Ireland that's part of it. But I also get the reason to keep the uniform the way it is. 

Ireland hat a retail jersey sponsor since the the end of the 90s with "Eircom" and then "3" I think.

I get it for the Football Associations/Federations financially, but as a fan, this just is terrible.

Canada soccer might soon not have a choice to be picky,  their finances are reportedly extremely bad. Dire situation.

On 3/18/2024 at 12:40 PM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

PNdZVNL.png

So apparently there will be a custom font for the USWNT that will only be used at the She Believes Cup. I guess that's a thing now. If it's that "1985" font, that would be a good move for the numbers across all sets. 

• Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, MrOrange said:

Ireland hat a retail jersey sponsor since the the end of the 90s with "Eircom" and then "3" I think.

I get it for the Football Associations/Federations financially, but as a fan, this just is terrible.

Canada soccer might soon not have a choice to be picky,  their finances are reportedly extremely bad. Dire situation.

So bad in fact that the better Canada does on the pitch, the more dire the financial situation becomes because of player bonuses for performance. Soccer Canada really screwed themselves with the Canada Soccer Business thing.

Ok, buckle up guys. This might be the most shocking news in years. Adidas, long time German national team supplier will end its countless decades long relationship when Nike steps in to take over in 2027 😳

I truly hate this. If adidas can’t maintain its relationship with the DFB, then nothing is sacred anymore.

As of now, all I can find are German language articles.

https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/nike-wird-neuer-dfb-ausruester-ab-2027-259898/

• Love 1
  • WOAH 4
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, buckle up guys. This might be the most shocking news in years. Adidas, long time German national team supplier will end its countless decades long relationship when Nike steps in to take over in 2027 😳

I truly hate this. If adidas can’t maintain its relationship with the DFB, then nothing is sacred anymore.

It'll be interesting to see an actual official announcement from adidas proper or the GNT. Right now I'm holding out hope for what actually happens. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/03/nike-will-be-the-new-dfb-supplier-from-2027.html

Also, Updated Uruguay uniforms:

Second%20In-House%20Uruguay%202024%20Hom

Second%20In-House%20Uruguay%202024%20Hom

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

It'll be interesting to see an actual official announcement from adidas proper or the GNT. Right now I'm holding out hope for what actually happens. 

That article was from the federation. It’s a done deal. Also:

• LOL 1

On 2024-03-18 at 2:13 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Per Nike:

"Canada’s 2024 Home kit celebrates the country’s sporting DNA. The shirt’s two-tone red features a rebranded Swoosh made famous on Nike hockey jerseys of the past". 

vintage_90s_hockey_jersey_1633329333_d66

e3c187e8ec0e6dee_original.jpeg

140341b_lg.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8b1e3a8f3

I'll just leave this here.