2024 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

That's 3 plain-with-accent-cuffs white home shirts in 4 years for the USA (counting the women's exclusives in here), and 3 straight royal blue aways. It's always seemed silly to me to have international kits on short cycles given how rarely they're worn, and it seems even more pointless when so little changes between them. Really haven't understood Nike's philosophy with the US teams for a while now, especially at a time where I think they've done quite well for all their big international teams.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

That's 3 plain-with-accent-cuffs white home shirts in 4 years for the USA (counting the women's exclusives in here), and 3 straight royal blue aways. It's always seemed silly to me to have international kits on short cycles given how rarely they're worn, and it seems even more pointless when so little changes between them. Really haven't understood Nike's philosophy with the US teams for a while now, especially at a time where I think they've done quite well for all their big international teams.

I agree with you. From the merchandising side, I can see why Nike prefers the shorter kit cycle. They don’t want their teams wearing multiple years old kit tech and looking outdated. But we’ve moved into an era where there’s so much churn and forced ideas (you especially see this in the NBA with the City Editions). Too much design can create a void of design where everything feels stale and meaningless. It’s all too much. It’s hard to feel excited about a shirt when you know it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. National team kits used to feel special because they represented an era, a moment in time. I’ll still buy some shirts because it’s the World Cup shirt or something along those lines, but I’m not as into it as I used to be. I also wish the US would establish some kind of identity. I guess you could see we have with white, but there’s no consistent style to it. And sometimes it includes blue shorts, sometimes all white.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Footy Headlines is claiming these are the new US shirts.

Not sure how I feel about them. Something about the images just looks off, like the material is cheap and they may be a fake. I would bet the final product looks like these shirts, regardless. I think the home shirt is a cool idea that was poorly executed. From more than 10 feet away, it will look like a super bland shirt. As for the away shirt, I’ve never loved the US in royal and much prefer navy. The stripe is bizarre and it makes me scared for the shorts. I’ll fear the worst that they’ll be red, like a 2014 bomb pop kit on steroids.

I miss the US Nike kits from about 2006-2014. We’ve had a good kit here or there, but lack cohesiveness and have had a lot of bad kits in between. I much prefer the traditional designs and hope we get something good for 2026 as hosts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't mind these, but my concern is that the Homes look really similar to our last qualifying cycle kits, albeit a little more boring, and the sleeves might look pink from a distance. Although I think we've been rumored to get a throwback kit for the olympics, so maybe they purposely avoided going too navy heavy for that reason.

The away is actually kinda cool. I grew to love the "bomb popp" (hate that nickname still) so I actually look forward to hopefully red from the waist down.

I also feel like nike has strayed too far from cleaner jersey materials. Idk if it's to combat counterfeits, but the heavily textured kits have almost become distracting, and it's odd when it becomes a design element that translates to the pattern being sublimated on replicas.

23 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

From the merchandising side, I can see why Nike prefers the shorter kit cycle.

Not only nike, Almost every NT's get new kits in a two-years cycle where one cycle is for World Cup and another for Continental Championship. That trend started somewhere in 80's and to be fair is better than clubs which get new kits every season.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

Most of these shirts have all been leaked, but this is our first look at some of the shorts and socks. Also, these images are the official adidas product images. Of note, the adidas stripes only appear on the shoulders - no stripes on the shorts or socks! I believe the full adidas launch is set for March 14. You’ll notice a few gradients (Italy shorts, Germany shirt and shorts, as well as Germany’s away top). It seems to be a common theme for adidas this year.

Italy - a couple looks at the authentic long sleeve and the pattern on the shorts.

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Spain - primary combo includes royal blue shorts and red socks, but apparently this kit also offers white shorts. That may be a first for Spain? I don’t recall them wearing white shorts with the red top before. If they deviate from blue shorts, I think I prefer the all red combo instead of white. Also, you can see some of the texture on the badge. It appears different than the authentic adidas crests have used the last 5-10 years.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Germany - the hosts. I am hearing that there are black shorts, and hoping those will be the primary. I do like how the gradient flows into the shorts stripe, though!

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Argentina - pretty standard affair. The gold feels right having come off of the World Cup and Copa America successes. It is unclear at this point if white is the primary, or if black shorts or socks will be available. Argentina have been wearing white shorts more and more lately, and they won the WC in white shorts (I believe they were also the primary option in 2014, too), so it wouldn’t be surprising.

Mexico - the funny part is I like both of these shirts. However, it feels wrong to see Mexico without a green top, so ultimately these don’t make the grade for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LaGrandeOrange said:

adidas for sure the most bipolar kitmaker of the major companies- after a probably record high hit rate for MLS kits (maybe due to the extra exposure with regards to Messi), these are largely duds.

Some of the color choices especially are a little confusing. Colombia in orange? Sweden with cyan and pink? Mexico in dark red and whatever that green color is? Spain in fluorescent pale yellow? Germany in pink and purple?

Only ones I really like from the set so far are the Argentina and Spain homes. And yes, I know there is historical precedent for Mexico's primary color choice, but it doesn't change the fact that the design is utterly hideous.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

When teams use the color fill spots sparingly or just use the main color, the template looks fine, but when they use the contrasting back it looks terrible. That Colombia shirt compared to the Spain home is a clear example of this. 

• Like 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, LaGrandeOrange said:

adidas for sure the most bipolar kitmaker of the major companies- after a probably record high hit rate for MLS kits (maybe due to the extra exposure with regards to Messi), these are largely duds.

Nike has done a similar thing where they debut a new template and highlight that template as obnoxiously as possible. Limited bespoke design, brash colorways that may or may not be appropriate. Then that template grows a little old and everyone settles down, and that seems to allow design that seems more successful on a team-by-team basis. 

This Adidas batch is not just a shift away from MLS but from what they were doing for like, the Women's World Cup last year. Seems to have subsequently been a pretty significant design philosophy change at HQ. Hopefully they get sufficiently roasted for it.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Nike has done a similar thing where they debut a new template and highlight that template as obnoxiously as possible. Limited bespoke design, brash colorways that may or may not be appropriate. Then that template grows a little old and everyone settles down, and that seems to allow design that seems more successful on a team-by-team basis. 

This Adidas batch is not just a shift away from MLS but from what they were doing for like, the Women's World Cup last year. Seems to have subsequently been a pretty significant design philosophy change at HQ. Hopefully they get sufficiently roasted for it.

If the MLS third kits are on these templates, I don't think they'll want to sell the shorts, because they'll probably mess them up. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas will have hard time with that template. Spain is absolutely disgusting, Swedish away is weird, I understand they have a little portion of red in their Coat of Arms and SvFF also had red in ther logo, but c'mon. Colombia orange is for the same reason as on their 2018 away kit? Argentina away is ok. Mexico and Argentina home could be better if not the template.

Nike>Adidas at this moment even if we don't have enough leaks of nike kits. Can't wait to see Puma, because Adidas might be on last place in Big 3 battle.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

Scotland

spacer.png

First photos of the Germany authentic. The replica includes a panel that the pattern was contained within, however, the authentic appears to have a smooth fade past the adidas stripes.

Replica

spacer.png

Authentic

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like the #ButtStripes may be more pronounced on the authentic. Lastly, I wonder if the long sleeve version will include the pattern on the bottom half of the sleeves? I originally thought it would be impossible since the pattern was contained within a panel. The Italy shirt showed us there were no panel inserts. If they have full patterned sleeves, this kit could be a banger. It will definitely be seen on pitch as Leroy Sané almost always wears long sleeves.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Replica has also different collar than authentic. I mean replica has full collar while authentic has half of the collar on front If I can called it like that.

Good shout out. It also creates some weird design discrepancies that adidas has usually been careful about with their big clubs and national teams. It’s almost like how they handle MLS where the authentic jersey gets you the exact style, whereas the replica looked mostly like the official jersey, but was missing a couple details. Take Argentina for example, the replica has a full sky blue collar whereas on the authentic, the collar stops at the shoulder seam. Disappointing from adidas. Until now, if you bought a replica from a big club or national side, it would look identical to the real thing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am a fan of the new Germany kit. The authentic looks even better. I'm only a little concerned about all those pics with white shorts. I hope that it's just an alternative.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.