2024 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

42 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

140341b_lg.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8b1e3a8f3

I'll just leave this here.

Nike isn't the best at conveying their own history properly. That logo on the skates more closely matches the new Canada Nike logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don’t love either of these designs, but the original bomb pop was better.

Also, sorry to clog the board but I gotta pour one out for adidas and the DFB. Supplier changes like this, the end of a truly iconic relationship, don’t happen very often. Teams change suppliers all the time, but Germany and adidas are about to conclude about 70 years of partnership, nearly unheard of these days. I truly can’t believe it’s happening. Countless masterpieces over the years. A crime for it to end. Hopefully Nike treats the Germans on the same level as France and England. If so, I’m sure they’ll look good. But they’ll always be missing something without the three stripes on their sleeves.

These are not all of their kits, but they represent their best. Either the pinnacle of design or noteworthy moments in the partnership’s history. Adidas hardly ever whiffed on das deutsches trikot.

If adidas and Germany couldn’t figure it out, I think the phrase is something along the lines of “football is dead.”

Damn, just damn.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Sad 3

The US U-23’s are wearing the new away kit with blue shorts and socks right now:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m almost liking this more than the red shorts and socks. The blue shorts disrupt the bomb pop effect, but I think the shirt is too blue-heavy to work with both red shorts AND socks. I’d love to see this kit with the standard red shorts, but swap in these blue socks for the red ones. Blue/red/blue could be the best and most balanced combo.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I don’t love either of these designs, but the original bomb pop was better.

Also, sorry to clog the board but I gotta pour one out for adidas and the DFB. Supplier changes like this, the end of a truly iconic relationship, don’t happen very often. Teams change suppliers all the time, but Germany and adidas are about to conclude about 70 years of partnership, nearly unheard of these days. I truly can’t believe it’s happening. Countless masterpieces over the years. A crime for it to end. Hopefully Nike treats the Germans on the same level as France and England. If so, I’m sure they’ll look good. But they’ll always be missing something without the three stripes on their sleeves.

These are not all of their kits, but they represent their best. Either the pinnacle of design or noteworthy moments in the partnership’s history. Adidas hardly ever whiffed on das deutsches trikot.

If adidas and Germany couldn’t figure it out, I think the phrase is something along the lines of “football is dead.”

Just terrible, the Gernman national team in something other than Adidas seems wrong. Puma I could get but Nike is sacrilegious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SCL said:

Just terrible, the German national team in something other than Adidas seems wrong. Puma I could get but Nike is sacrilegious.

I think adidas is trying to get more club teams under their wings now, but I was surprised to see Nike finally catch this car. I remember ahead of the 2006 World Cup that Nike had outbid adidas for the contract, but the DFB still chose to stay with adidas. I'm betting this is probably a similar case and the DFB couldn't just say brand loyalty was more important to them. It also clears up why Puma was able to get the Portugal contract. Nike probably threw more than a few of those eggs into Germany's basket instead. 

Speaking of Nike:

People are complaining about the "flag" on the bask of the home shirt, . . . for reasons. The laughable part of these people complaining is that the "flag" is actually the pattern for the training shirts as well, and they won't be complaining about the pattern as a whole on that specific shirt, just the collar of the home jerseys that most people don't bother to look at during games. Some people just aren't happy unless there's something to complain about.

england-2024-pre-match-shirts%20(5).jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, SCL said:

Just terrible, the Gernman national team in something other than Adidas seems wrong. Puma I could get but Nike is sacrilegious.

Considering the origins behind Adidas and Puma, one could argue it would be more sacrilegious for Puma to have gotten the contract. It’ll definitely be strange to see DFB without the three stripes, but I’m not as torn up about it as others. Adidas has still produced some classic efforts for the Germans of late, but I think they’ve maybe rested on their laurels a bit. If another brand was going to get the contract, I’m glad it’s Nike that’ll be taking the torch. France/Adidas were a pretty iconic partnership (not to the same degree as Germany/Adidas, of course), and I would argue Nike have done a better job for France on the whole since taking over.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As a German I don't mind the switch to Nike. It will be strange at first but we will get used to it. Financially they had little choice as Nike offered a 100 million euro per year deal and Adidas only offered half of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

As a German I don't mind the switch to Nike. It will be strange at first but we will get used to it. Financially they had little choice as Nike offered a 100 million euro per year deal and Adidas only offered half of that.

Forbes says Adidas has been paying them €50 million, but doesn’t disclose what their new contract proposal was. I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered in the range of €70m+ going forward. But hard to argue with €100m from Nike.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2024/03/22/despite-backlash-nike-celebrate-108-million-german-national-team-deal/amp/

The DFB has put out an 11 point FAQ addressing concerns regarding the switch.

https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/faq-zum-vertragsabschluss-mit-nike-259945/?fbclid=PAAabFijoOD4sjJsQbN-1SnqJm4YuXwA3jNKh_lvI6Qr3L6Yk3DRRU_kUpvLU_aem_AU78_TPV87AXVRja_VnFD4-zfiblrAZi5Dg2LpkbOF7CrRRQUUfK3t71YrExUAhlH6s

Edit - Barron’s is reporting Adidas’s final bid was in the range of €60-65m, a sizable pay rise from their current deal, but nowhere close to what Nike was able to offer.

https://www.barrons.com/news/nike-s-long-international-struggle-with-adidas-b2376291?refsec=topics_afp-news

10 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

Same. I like Nike kits more than Adidas'. I'm glad that my Hertha had a good Nike contract for over 25 years now.

It still will be strange to see the Nationalmannschaft in anything else than Adidas. The timing isn't optimal either. The popularity and the hype of the team is as low as it never has been before in recent years. It grew a little bit again after the last nominations of Nagelsmann and the comeback of Kroos but now they have this huge :censored:storm right before a home tournament.

Interestingly they will have their basecamp for the Euro's in Herzogenaurach on the Adidas campus. 

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

3 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'll try to post some pictures later, but this France/Germany kit matchup is a legit 10/10. Absolutely beautiful on both sides.

Here are a few. Absolutely fantastic. Love seeing the French in the bright blue as well as Germany opting for black shorts. I wish the collar on the French shirt was a standard v-neck but that’s a minor complaint.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here are a couple other on pitch debuts:

Netherlands. Not my favorite design. I like the badge shape, but the Dutch always look best with black or white trim. I don’t care for the accent colors. The side panels are weird.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spain and Colombia. I find myself liking the Spanish away kit more, but think it would be much better without the white side panels. Ditto for the adidas stripes - they should be red.

spacer.png

Hungary and Turkey

spacer.png

Chile

spacer.png

Norway - I like the kit, but that number and name font might go down as one of the worst ever.

spacer.png

Argentina

spacer.png

spacer.png

Portugal and Sweden

spacer.png

England and Brazil

spacer.png

Mexico

spacer.png

We already saw the US away shirts, but the prematch tops are horrendous. Just look at the way the collar and shoulder seams are constructed!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

the Dutch always look best with black or white trim. I don’t care for the accent colors. The side panels are weird.

spacer.png

Agree. But I am glad to see Oranje back to a more classic orange compared to that yellow-orange they were rocking at the last WC:

spacer.png

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

The US will be debuting the new white kits tonight vs. Mexico:

I’m excited to see it, and they should be able to wear the blue shorts without any problem. I just wish Mexico’s home kit was the classic tricolor instead of the dark red peacock kit.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The US will be debuting the new white kits tonight vs. Mexico:

I’m excited to see it, and they should be able to wear the blue shorts without any problem. I just wish Mexico’s home kit was the classic tricolor instead of the dark red peacock kit.

I saw that tweet and it made me wonder why the US crest application is different than the other Nike teams using the breathable material.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I saw that tweet and it made me wonder why the US crest application is different than the other Nike teams using the breathable material.

spacer.png

Huh, that is odd. When Nike used this badge technology in 2016/17, the red stripes on the US badge were the breathable mesh layer:

spacer.png

The federation must’ve opted against using it this time, which is a real shame IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

Is it possible that the red bled out around the badges? That could explain it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Huh, that is odd. When Nike used this badge technology in 2016/17, the red stripes on the US badge were the breathable mesh layer:

spacer.png

The federation must’ve opted against using it this time, which is a real shame IMO.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is it possible that the red bled out around the badges? That could explain it. 

I have the player spec versions of the 2016 shirts and never saw any color bleeding of the badge. If there were, there are other ways they could apply the material, such as using white for the mesh. What’s especially interesting is that the Nike images showed exactly that (might need to zoom in to notice):

spacer.png

Those are the kind of details that sell me on player spec shirts. When I noticed the US shirts didn’t have it, I opted for the fan replica this go around.

• Like 2