2024 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I have the player spec versions of the 2016 shirts and never saw any color bleeding of the badge. If there were, there are other ways they could apply the material, such as using white for the mesh. What’s especially interesting is that the Nike images showed exactly that (might need to zoom in to notice):

spacer.png

Those are the kind of details that sell me on player spec shirts. When I noticed the US shirts didn’t have it, I opted for the fan replica this go around.

I almost always buy the replica for Nike because there's not enough difference between them. I avoided either of the 2022 World Cup uniforms because they looked so bad, but I'll definitely get the home shirt and shorts this go around.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On pitch debut for the US home.

I mentioned a page or two ago it’s odd the swoosh and crest are navy. Sure enough, the numbers are navy, too, and they stick out a lot. Royal blue numbers would have been better.

But as far as plain kits go, I think this is one of the best the US have had! I almost always prefer navy, but I am loving the shorts. The trim is excellent. I’d still prefer a sash or some kind of stripes, but this kit is minimalism done very well.

• Like 1

vXSvTqj.png

One thing about those Mexico uniforms, from far away they look like a dark maroon, brown, or black depending on the lighting in the stadium.  They should have also gone with white shorts, but that's the least of their problems with this set. 

arlington-tx-gio-reyna-of-the-united-sta

arlington-tx-jorge-sanchez-of-mexico-bat

As for the United States, the numbers should match the uniform blue and be centered on the front. A red outline would work too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I keep going back and forth between this one and the 2020/21 version, but I think this might be the best US home kit since the Centennials. I’m actually glad the Nike logo and the names/numbers are navy to match the badge, although I think the kit would be even better if all the royal blue was navy instead. Overall, though, the stripes on the collar, cuffs, and shorts are so good that the kit as a whole has a classic, almost throwback feel to it. 

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I used to prefer the darker shades for the USA (still think the 2011 Gold Cup dark red shirt/dark navy sash was an underrated gem, top 3 for them all-time). For this set the brighter colors work well for me though. I don't mind USA teams being loud and bright, for one, and the royal helps extra to offset them from England. Plus, with SO many of the recent USA kits following the template of a plain white shirt with color cuffs and collar, going royal this time out gives us something different. But yeah, agree with the others that the navy printing is a mistake. (Just please never give us the light blue effect of 2016 ever again for something "different", please.)

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I'm really hoping that the off-center numbers were only for this weekend because of the CONCACAF badge on the shirt. I can't STAND having the numbers underneath the Nike logo. England's look is similar and looks way better because of the centered numbers.

England vs Brazil Live Stream Friendly Football Match Today 2024 Score  Commentary Highlights en Vivo - YouTube

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 3/23/2024 at 11:47 PM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

I wish Netherlands go with turquoise shorts, but I know how much controversy it would cause.

Poland in action:

Poland_Estonia_03212024.jpg

Poland, Turkey and Croatia have slightly bigger polo than England, Brazil and Canada.

4r2eer.png

I actually prefer the numbers as they are on the right chest under the swoosh, but (pet niche interest alarm goes off) I think it would look better if the swoosh and number were moved up, so that the collective unit of the two is what gets vertically aligned with the crest. As it stands, it's the swoosh only that gets vertically aligned with the crest, which makes the number look more like an afterthought and lends a sense of imbalance to the layout.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

nike-usa-2024-remake-kit%20(6).jpg

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/03/nike-usa-2024-remake-kit.html

Nike will be re-releasing a US national kit, with the 1999 USWNT home shirt expected to the shirt released. This hasn't yet been confirmed however. 

They're also re-releasing a Brazil "9 Ronaldo" shirt in April. It's also available without the name and number:

nike%20brazil%202024%20remake%20kit%20(5

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/03/nike-re-release-the-brazil-1998-world-cup-kit.html

Update: Andreas Pereira has posted a picture of him wearing the Nike Brazil 1998 World Cup remake kit. Nike will launch the Brazil 1998-2024 remake kit with Ronaldo 9 print, plus a player-free version, in March or April 2024.

nike-re-release-the-brazil-1998-world-cu

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/28/2024 at 2:46 AM, GriffinM6 said:

Puma basically copied Adidas with this template huh? 

Puma template is much cleaner and reminds me a little of 2006 template, but boomerang is on lumbar instead of scapulas

• Like 1

4r2eer.png