2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

Pizza slice only

FTJEnTe.png

Pizza slice recolored/resized in a way I think makes more sense (and gets ride of the beveling on the sticks, which I think looks dumb).  My preferred look overall

6myrGQo.png

No pizza no puck

1chJl4B.png

No pizza no puck gold sticks

W9HtLo0.png

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Pizza slice only

FTJEnTe.png

Pizza slice recolored/resized in a way I think makes more sense (and gets ride of the beveling on the sticks, which I think looks dumb).  My preferred look overall

6myrGQo.png

No pizza no puck

1chJl4B.png

No pizza no puck gold sticks

W9HtLo0.png

How about a black pizza with gold sticks?

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

The logo definitely feels much more balanced with the sector.  

But there is no need for the random white stroke.  Nowhere else in the logo is there a double stroke like that.  It would look much cleaner with a single black stroke like everywhere else in the logo:

vJJuxgu.png

Huge improvement.  This is the best of the mock-ups I've seen on this thread.

No joke, I'd always thought the black circle was a puck view at a 3/4 angle.

The problem with all of this is that the original Duck logo is that none of the colors in the logo matched the jersey colors at the time:

Because of this, there was never a real worry about the details inside the crest clashing with the jersey. Since the orange third jersey was introduced, there's been a effort to make it match.

All of this is weird because orange was introduced into this pattern in 2005 as a total afterthought. There were these tiny strokes representing Orange County in an otherwise entire black and gold set. Now they're the most orange team in the league. More orange than the Flyers.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

If Yeti does in fact win the name contest, this company could sue for trademark infringement

https://www.yeti.com

They would have to become the Utah Yetis

Different industries with no cause for confusion.  I don't think they'd have a case.

• Like 8

It's where I sit.

9 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Huge improvement.  This is the best of the mock-ups I've seen on this thread.

I agree. This does look great. The overuse of thick white strokes is a bit much and this brings it back to where I feel okay about it. 

I still kind of like the logo without the 'sector' and just the black circle - it isn't offensive to me. But I do really like the logo above. it's pretty much spot on. None of the other experiments with the shape changes work for me, at all.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

15 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

All of this is weird because orange was introduced into this pattern in 2005 as a total afterthought. There were these tiny strokes representing Orange County in an otherwise entire black and gold set. Now they're the most orange team in the league. More orange than the Flyers.

Unlike the gold, orange was always intended as part of the colour scheme for the 2006 rebrand.

Early rumours suggested they were going to be green and orange. Per TruColor, they originally planned to go with a black, forest green, orange and bronze scheme. At some point Burke made a visit to West Point which likely led to them dumping green and swapping out bronze for gold. It was only after he left that the Ducks started gradually making orange more prominent.

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Unlike the gold, orange was always intended as part of the colour scheme for the 2006 rebrand.

Early rumours suggested they were going to be green and orange. Per TruColor, they originally planned to go with a black, forest green, orange and bronze scheme. At some point Burke made a visit to West Point which likely led to them dumping green and swapping out bronze for gold. It was only after he left that the Ducks started gradually making orange more prominent.

What a missed opportunity with green and orange. The only other professional sports team in the United States to use it in capacity are the Dolphins and their aqua is roughly only half-green. The Ducks really could've had something.

I don't know about other people, but I have always hated when teams would base their identities off military academies. They seem to always result in the most bland and un-fun looks, with drab color schemes and shield logos that feel like the wrong style to go by for certain teams.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Different industries with no cause for confusion.  I don't think they'd have a case.

I wonder if the cooler company being an NHL business partner causes some concern though. 

There are YETI ads on nhl boards so it would be kinda weird to have a team with the same name. 

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I wonder if the cooler company being an NHL business partner causes some concern though. 

There are YETI ads on nhl boards so it would be kinda weird to have a team with the same name. 

Not from a lawsuit perspective.

Do Redwing shoes advertise anywhere within an NHL arena?

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

20 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But "Yeti" as a singular term seems unique, Yeti drinkware company could argue the "Yeti" team is taking from their brand. The Utah team can be the Yetis but "Yeti" is a drinkware company, and the singular name infringes on their trademark.

16 minutes ago, Ark said:

But "Yeti" as a singular term seems unique, Yeti drinkware company could argue the "Yeti" team is taking from their brand. The Utah team can be the Yetis but "Yeti" is a drinkware company, and the singular name infringes on their trademark.

Sting and Sting.

Redwing boots and the Red Wings.

No risk of confusion.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

12 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sting and Sting.

Redwing boots and the Red Wings.

No risk of confusion.

the bigger issue is that there's both the Detroit Red Wings(NHL) and the Rochester Red Wings(IL, MiLB). Both sports teams. And yet, it's not an issue.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske