2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

23 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

The problem with the Thrashers is the Jets are still a double blue team, they should try something  totally different. Thrashers isn't even a good name, it sounds like they are thrashing around on the ice because they got beat

I'm fine with Thrashers, the Thrasher is the state bird of Georgia, and Atlanta is home to some exceptional Heavy Metal bands too. As far as I'm concerned, if your city produced Mastodon, then naming your Hockey team the Thrashers is more than justified.

As for colours, I would keep the navy, and pair it with peach.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

The problem with the Thrashers is the Jets are still a double blue team, they should try something  totally different. Thrashers isn't even a good name, it sounds like they are thrashing around on the ice because they got beat

Thrashers is a great hockey name. State bird with the double entendre hockey/roughneck reference. 

• Like 5

sig.png

I agree that there's no reason for the Atlanta team not to choose the Thrashers name.

I would be open to rebranding and choosing new colors for the Thrashers, though. I never thought the 00s Thrashers brand was anything to write home about, and it feels extremely dated now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

So Quebec City waiting for Nordiques comeback since ages and NHL want to give a third chance to Atlanta for a team that would relocate on a first possibly opportunity? What a joke.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

I would be open to rebranding and choosing new colors for the Thrashers, though. I never thought the 00s Thrashers brand was anything to write home about, and it feels extremely dated now.

Nah, we definitely need these bad boys back.

newyorkrangersvatlantathrashersmydn6fl-y

• LOL 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Dislike 1

deK8sJk.png

The Jets REALLY need to average more than 13k/game this year.  I know their fans complain about high costs, but there is a reality about playing in the smallest market in the league, with the least amount of corporate support. If they don't average sellouts (15k), they are likely going to relocate. Ironically,  it will probably be to Phoenix.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

So Quebec City waiting for Nordiques comeback since ages and NHL want to give a third chance to Atlanta for a team that would relocate on a first possibly opportunity? What a joke.

Atlanta was such a success after all... It will be funny to see how badly the attendance will once again look. Meanwhile here, we'll still be ignored despite what the idiots running the league say. I guess we'll have to settle for a relocation

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Quebec City can want the Nordiques back all it wants...without some guy or group of guys with beaucoup d'argent based in or with strong ties to QC also wanting the Nordiques (or any kind of NHL team) back, it ain't happening. Without that cabbage, ain't nobody up there eating...that's the business, unfortunately (for QC).

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

27 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Quebec City can want the Nordiques back all it wants...without some guy or group of guys with beaucoup d'argent based in or with strong ties to QC also wanting the Nordiques (or any kind of NHL team) back, it ain't happening. Without that cabbage, ain't nobody up there eating...that's the business, unfortunately (for QC).

We have Quebecor, who never hid their intention to bring a team back in the city

2012:

"I'm a giant media corporation and I'd like to buy the Coyotes"

"lol no stop calling"

2015:

"I'm a giant media corporation and I'd like to buy an expansion team, we built a new arena and everything"
"we'll take your money but no stop calling"

2024:

Canada's euthanasia-based economy can no longer support an 8th team

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

While I agree that the Thrashers is a pretty poor name because half the NHL's audience still has no clue what it means or what a Thrasher is, it's an identity that was dreamt up by the legend Ted Turner himself. This is certainly one of the more interesting name origins in the NHL, and for that reason, I totally dig it.

Firebirds is also a great name given the circumstances.

thecatch.jpg

35 minutes ago, Section30 said:

It ties in the Flames & Thrashers names of the past while also being symbolic of Atlanta's history with fires and having an NHL team reborn in the city... again.

The Atlanta Phoenix. Just to really twist the knife.

• LOL 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10