2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

4 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Broncos to cut Wilson, will take 85 million cap hit over the next two seasons. 

It really goes to show how isolated the Seattle sports media is from the rest of the country. If Russ came from anywhere else, his red flags would've been far more prominent in discussion at the onset. However, he won a Super Bowl and went to another (as well as a bunch of playoff appearances), so Seattle fans were the only ones who knew the truth about his play and his issues. Seattle fans being happy to part ways with him should've been a much larger red flag.

7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It really goes to show how isolated the Seattle sports media is from the rest of the country. If Russ came from anywhere else, his red flags would've been far more prominent in discussion at the onset. However, he won a Super Bowl and went to another (as well as a bunch of playoff appearances), so Seattle fans were the only ones who knew the truth about his play and his issues. Seattle fans being happy to part ways with him should've been a much larger red flag.

You knew Russ was washed just from his last 2 seasons in Seattle. Everyone who regularly followed the NFL knew his body had given out on him and he couldn’t just run around the field for 45 seconds until a guy got open.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

You knew Russ was washed just from his last 2 seasons in Seattle. Everyone who regularly followed the NFL knew his body had given out on him and he couldn’t just run around the field for 45 seconds until a guy got open.

The way Denver treated him this year, I'm sure he's happy to be out of there. He still has the ability to win games and they apparently didn't want that this year. I hope it blows up in their face. He's not a likeable person, but neither is the Bronco brain trust.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The way Denver treated him this year, I'm sure he's happy to be out of there. He still has the ability to win games and they apparently didn't want that this year. I hope it blows up in their face. He's not a likeable person, but neither is the Bronco brain trust.

He has the ability to game manage at best. His 1 win this year where he had to comeback and win was against Chicago. Everything else was games in the teens where the defense kept them from losing.

• Like 1

I'd actually be surprised if he ever takes another snap...because doesn't anyone that signs him have to pay him like $20M because of the Broncos contract? Maybe I'm wrong; NFL contract rules are not really my thing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I'd actually be surprised if he ever takes another snap...because doesn't anyone that signs him have to pay him like $20M because of the Broncos contract? Maybe I'm wrong; NFL contract rules are not really my thing.

The Broncos owe him $39 million or whatever it is for this year. Anything he earns from his new team is deducted from that amount. He can sign for the veteran's minimum of just over $1 million with his new team, and Denver has to pay him the difference between his old contract and his new one.

Watch for him to land in Las Vegas, Pittsburgh or Minnesota.

It's where I sit.

Ah...Then he may end up somewhere but I kinda think you'll see some "surprises" gobbled up before him. He might enter the year as a backup.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

He’ll definitely be a backup, or the starter who’s only the starter because they want the rookie they drafted to sit behind him an learn, which has never worked.

Ummm - not too sure about that 🙂  I'm sorta hoping we've hit on that twice in a row now.

I think he starts somewhere because his low salary for this year means money can be spent elsewhere to build a better team.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Ummm - not too sure about that 🙂  I'm sorta hoping we've hit on that twice in a row now.

I think he starts somewhere because his low salary for this year means money can be spent elsewhere to build a better team.

It has also worked in Kansas City.  Remember Mahomes started the final game of his rookie season and the rest is history.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Russ (like the basketball Russ, come to think of it) is a disaster at a bit contract but a tremendous value on a minimum.

I wouldn't be upset if Buffalo took a flyer on him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Russ (like the basketball Russ, come to think of it) is a disaster at a bit contract but a tremendous value on a minimum.

I wouldn't be upset if Buffalo took a flyer on him.

I'd be amazed if he took a spot this year where he is a clear backup. Next year, if this season doesn't work, I could see it happening, because he would need to re-establish himself as a potential starter.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Due didn't even get a college scholarship, and had to walk on a Cincinnati as a linebacker before moving to OL.  He's now going down as arguably the greatest center of all time, and the HOF is basically announcing he'll be a first ballot.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

43 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Due didn't even get a college scholarship, and had to walk on a Cincinnati as a linebacker before moving to OL.  He's now going down as arguably the greatest center of all time, and the HOF is basically announcing he'll be a first ballot.

Unless the Wacko QB for the New York Jets or Aaron Donald call it a career, 2029 will be one of those years where guys who have been eligible for a long time finally get in.  

Eligible next year: Eli Manning, Adam Vinatieri, Marshawn Lynch, Marshall Yanda, Earl Thomas and Luke Kuechly.  

10 hours ago, dont care said:

He’ll definitely be a backup, or the starter who’s only the starter because they want the rookie they drafted to sit behind him an learn, which has never worked.

Yeah, that kid the Packers drafted from Cal to sit behind Favre for a couple seasons was a total bust. Last I heard, he ended up on the Jets roster last season but he didn't play much.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

BB52Big.jpg

11 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Eligible next year... Marshall Yanda

I must be a causal because I've never heard of this guy in my life

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

17 hours ago, dont care said:

I remember when the Eagles drafted Carson Wentz, they said the plan was for him to sit two seasons, and spend the time learning the playbook, learning about the city, learning about the fans, meeting people, and other completely absurd nonsense like that.

Then the idiot Vikings (sorry!) offered them a 1st-round pick for Sam Bradford (they're sooooo dumb!) and Wentz started right away, and lead them to the #1 seed that helped them win the Super Bowl in his second season (when the original plan was for him to still be holding town hall meetings with fans.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

Actually, he walked onto the Bearcats as a running back; the program converted him to linebacker shortly thereafter. Which only adds even more to his story.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||