2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, how about my idea about referees wearing dragon fursuits?

spacer.png

They can be far easier to target now, will constantly overheat, and can’t keep up with a play!

The suit may need a little tweaking, but other than that, I like it.

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, how about my idea about referees wearing dragon fursuits?

spacer.png

They can be far easier to target now, will constantly overheat, and can’t keep up with a play!

When they turn on the microphone to announce the penalty it’s very important that the lip sync is way off and vaguely manic. 

• LOL 2

On 3/27/2024 at 7:55 AM, Cujo said:

The new kickoff rule is fine. I get they're trying to cut down on injuries. But I can't recall the last time I saw or heard of a serious head/neck injury on a kickoff. Has to have been before the last modification to the rule.

In addition to reducing full-speed hits in coverage, this will also force more runbacks.  Too often last season the ball would go into the endzone and come out to the 25, no runbacks. 

So you'd have 5 minutes of commercials, come back for a kick into the endzone and then another 2 minutes of commercials... such fun.

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

I was trying to forget the rest of that game.

Thankfully the highlight is contained to just the good part of the game! (Shaking my fist at Jack Coan) Hoooogan!

• LOL 2

LOL the Eagles traded Hasan Reddick (50 sacks in past 4 years, 17 in 2022) for a 2026 3rd-round pick.  That's all they could get for him.  

He was bitter that he signed a contract and outplayed it, so they let him find a trade partner, but if he doesn't get a new deal from the Jets, what was the point?  Ironically, the Eagles signed the Jets top pass rusher in this offseason, so it was kinda a trade.

But 2026?  We're not even at the 2024 draft, and we're trading 2026 picks?  That's crap I thought was exclusive to NBA, where draft picks don't really mean anything anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/28/2024 at 8:20 AM, Cujo said:

Football fans are apparently triggered over this image of Caleb Williams.. 

GJoPZsKXQAEJ4mm?format=jpg&name=small

I don't get it, what's happening in this picture?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It looks like he's holding someone else's phone, based on the purse-ish thing, but if that just happens to be his style, then it's lame for anyone to bash him for it.  I don't think his phone case is going to affect his ability to throw TD passes or be a leader on the team.

Read an ESPN article that graded the Eagles "haul" for Hassan Redick (a 2026 conditional 3rd rd pick) as an A, which blew my mind.  The reasoning was because the Jets will likely be pretty good this year, but who knows if Rodgers will play for them in 2025 (if at all), so they could drop significantly.  So the 2026 pick might be worth a lot more than a 2025 pick of the same slot (and I guess nobody was trading a 2024 pick.)

I still think it's ridiculous to trade a guy like that for a pick that's two drafts away, but I guess it sets them up to make some kind of package deal to move up in 2026, when they could potentially be done with Jalen Hurts.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oh, whatever, fashion-forward black guys love acting kind of gay to show how not gay they are. Everyone thought Kanye West was a 'mo for years and years but the depth of his psychotic break over losing Kim Kardashian pretty well cleared that up.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Henry Ruggs 2.0

It’s a little premature to say that, but was just checking TMZ… and these dudes just casually got out of the Lambo and other car and walked away as if nothing had happened and nobody was watching. There’s not evidence that the actual player was there, but photos of other guys just walking away like “Crash? what crash? That was like that when we got here.”

Somehow nobody was hurt. 

I remember Lance Briggs doing that once. Crashed his Lamborghini on the Edens, got out, and walked away. I think he also reported it as stolen, which may have been a tactical error.

• Like 3