2024 NFL Changes

Super Bowl LIX logo Prediction: Based on the Super Bowl Committee logo and color scheme, I'm going to guess that LIX will consist of shades of blue and gold. The NFL should still be on the backdrop inside of numerals theme, so I can assume that it will include a combination of French architecture and/or a street lamp.

27 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

This Scorebug is terrible… not a fan of the font choices 

I think it’s fine. Could go with more team oriented fonts or something.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

The black dot concern me.

I edited my post to a newer tweet, but I don't know if it took fast enough.

The tweet and the website release says this year's throwback whites will be permanent and there will be a green and a black version added.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

Wow! Is this the first team to listen to the fans and literally “make these permanent” without any modifications?

I liked that the retro uniforms limited the amount of black jersey games. Now we’re probably gonna be stuck seeing that generic, worthless, cringeworthy, painfully overused, steaming hot garbage the full three games this year, and that pisses me off.

I think the Jets look best in the Namath / Chad Pennington design. But if they’re not going to wear those, I like the throwbacks fine. I especially like the throwback helmet and logo. The modern helmets are super bland and I don’t like the black facemask. However, the throwback jerseys and pants are too generic. I’m not sure how I feel about this move.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Super Bowl LIX logo Prediction: Based on the Super Bowl Committee logo and color scheme, I'm going to guess that LIX will consist of shades of blue and gold. The NFL should still be on the backdrop inside of numerals theme, so I can assume that it will include a combination of French architecture and/or a street lamp.

The host committee logo was not designed by the NFL.

The LIX logo will feature red and light green, as indicated in the mock ticket artwork already shared by the American Heart Association.

Nice mockup of possible Black set via Twitter:

GGG8m9nW4AESC_2?format=jpg&name=large

Likely what we get and while I don't think any of us want a Black alt, we're getting one, so if this is close to what it will be, I can accept these terms since the move to the Sack Exchange home & away is a mega-win for the Jets.

Will remind many of the Black 49ers alts of years ago; I was in the minority of people who didn't hate those as a standalone uniform  (they just didn't suit the 49ers).

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

that's a great mockup set by jake. hopefully the black unis A) look like that, and B ) have contrasting socks. i have my doubts on both, but we'll see.

after 18 years on this board, it's clear that this jets move will follow the usual patterns of nitpicks, discussions of different jets looks that specific people would prefer they went back to, concepts about how they could modernize it (always with a weak-looking logo that incorporates a jet), etc. and we should, because we're logo and uniform lovers and that's what we do. but let's be honest: the jets are going to look like a football team again. whatever jets uniform you prefer, this is a MAJOR win for both us jets fans and the general aesthetics of the game.

• Like 4

sig2024.png

30 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

And another from Jake Buff:

I love that this mockup doesn’t include white or black socks. I’m cool with it not including green pants too. But it’s just a mockup. You know they will go monochrome at least part of the time. 

Still - moving to the plane silhouette full-time is a massive win. 

34 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

I really hope they don't have black mixed into the green uniforms but I have a bad feeling they are.

Doesn't it have to so that it's a team color and they can then make the black alt?

It's where I sit.