2024 NFL Changes

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

Hoping that when Barkley is introduced, we get a 2024 jersey with the new wordmark.  if it's an old wordmark, not how to tell if it's leftover stock or if they simply didn't update the '24s.  

It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets introduced with the throwback

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Jaguars are having fans vote for the 30th season logo and two of the choices use gold and the number font from the 90's jersey so one can only wonder....

https://web.witcontests.com/jaguars/sweepstakes/vote/vote-for-the-30th-season-logo-240309

79-9654ccda-6242-465c-b8cb-626eae071cd1.

79-2292e6b0-0062-4b41-aaae-271e77b05cfc.

The bottom one, with the shield, reminds me of the Florida Panthers’ logo. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 4:03 PM, tscuzzy said:

The Texans have let it be known that they aren't changing their primary logo but I wonder if that includes colors. It's always been interesting to me that they didn't go with the official Texas flag colors, given the name and obvious logo connection to the flag. Depending on the lighting, I find the actual shade on the helmets and uniforms to kind of vary between these two blues. 

spacer.png

I can see it happening. Especially if the “tough” uniform is black so they want more contrast between the dark blue and black. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The bottom one, with the shield, reminds me of the Florida Panthers’ logo. 

It's actually reminiscent of an infrequently used Jaguars alternate logo from 1999-2012.

595.gif

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jags1828 said:

A few of the local fans that would have some inside knowledge have been hinting since last year that Jaguars throwbacks were coming this upcoming season.

If they do, I'm predicting that they will soon become their primary uniforms.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jags1828 said:

A few of the local fans that would have some inside knowledge have been hinting since last year that Jaguars throwbacks were coming this upcoming season.

Did these fans say which uniform(s) the Jaguars will use? I'm guessing the originals because they're celebrating 30 years.

On a side note, this is a great focus group trick for new uniforms. Using throwbacks instead of the back-room research is a great idea for testing. The only problem is you only have past uniforms for testing. Although, you could test throwbacks in current colors.

That Jaguar logo change still baffles me as being such an unnecessary downgrade.  The new one is just an overly beveled wordmark away from being a typical early 2010s Phoenix Design Works low major D-I college look.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 2

VmWIn6B.png

2 minutes ago, LMU said:

That Jaguar logo change still baffles me as being such an unnecessary downgrade.  The new one is just an overly beveled wordmark away from being a typical early 2010s Phoenix Design Works low major D-I college look.

The original logo had a lot more character, but it also had the laughable broken jaw. All one would have to do is correct the jaw on the original. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Jaguars are having fans vote for the 30th season logo and two of the choices use gold and the number font from the 90's jersey so one can only wonder....

https://web.witcontests.com/jaguars/sweepstakes/vote/vote-for-the-30th-season-logo-240309

79-9654ccda-6242-465c-b8cb-626eae071cd1.

79-2292e6b0-0062-4b41-aaae-271e77b05cfc.

Both of those are booty, and both the height/width proportions and thickness of the numbers are way off, but the top is less fussy.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I maybe vaguely recall that?

It was somewhat adapted from this circa '99:

601.gif

57 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Did these fans say which uniform(s) the Jaguars will use? I'm guessing the originals because they're celebrating 30 years.

On a side note, this is a great focus group trick for new uniforms. Using throwbacks instead of the back-room research is a great idea for testing. The only problem is you only have past uniforms for testing. Although, you could test throwbacks in current colors.

I'm willing to bet it'll the first version if they do it at all. I personally would prefer the '98 refresh, but I don't trust the organization to actually pull the trigger on those (or for Nike/Fanatics to get the numbers/NOB font right if they do)...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

Crawling jaguar logo. Not sure which year they would base it off of though. Hopefully the 97-08 font like the font used in the 30th anniversary logos in this thread. The team sent an email awhile back with a poll of which uniforms did fans like the best. The 95-08s won by a lot. I think 13-17 was 2nd, followed by present day, and 09-12 was last. The majority of fans that I interact with want the original uniforms with the crawling jaguar on the sleeve back with the current logo. I personally think they should just use the throwbacks once or twice a year, and tweak their current uniforms to add gold and black to the home and teal and gold to the road/white.

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Both of those are booty, and both the height/width proportions and thickness of the numbers are way off, but the top is less fussy.

It was somewhat adapted from this circa '99:

601.gif

I'm willing to bet it'll the first version if they do it at all. I personally would prefer the '98 refresh, but I don't trust the organization to actually pull the trigger on those (or for Nike/Fanatics to get the numbers/NOB font right if they do)...

Now that one with the full wordmark, I do remember that well. 

1 hour ago, rorinator said:

Saw this graphic online. Look what logo they're using for the Jets:

Ranked: The World's Most Valuable Sports Teams in 2024

Sure, but they're also using the wrong logo for the Warriors, so I'm not sure I'd take this as definitive proof.

the user formerly known as cdclt

31 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

The Eagles jersey (Granted the replica) with the updated wordmark, I'll tag @BBTV since he's been anticipating it.

mens-nike-saquon-barkley-midnight-green-

The new Eagles wordmark and the name/number fonts don't really match to me, especially if there's no outline around the white wordmark (they should do what they did with the Super Bowl LVII endzone with a black outline for the wordmark).

• Like 7