2024 NFL Changes

9 hours ago, Chromatic said:

What? Who are you? Discussing upcoming uniform changes of a team is not "jacking" a thread.

they stopped talking about the titans and texans (they didn't even talk about the uniforms, it was something about reddit.) only when i said "texan-titan jacked. 😪" then they started to actually talk about uniforms. who pissed in your cheerio's?

• Huh? 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, JustABallCoach said:

Hardly scientific but doing a color picker check on the hex number and it looks a little darker than Oilers hex side by side. 

Darker? Wow, that’s the opposite of what we’ve been expecting. 

1 hour ago, JustABallCoach said:

Hardly scientific but doing a color picker check on the hex number and it looks a little darker than Oilers hex side by side. 

Houston Oilers Columbia Blue | Houston Texans H-Town Blue

ln64Fj4.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

That flag/symbol is overkill out here. Anyone in Colorado seen sporting "that goofy Cubs logo with a sun in it looking ass logo" is either tourist or is someone who just moved here from out-of-state. Locals steer clear of it these days, as it's basically the easy way to spot an outsider/poser.

I moved to Denver in 2019 and I go out of my way to avoid Colorado flag merchandise. Hell, the Denver flag is a better design, but even that feels ripe for co-opting by transplants.

spacer.png

I can see more points in favor of “Seal on a Bedsheet” these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I moved to Denver in 2019 and I go out of my way to avoid Colorado flag merchandise. Hell, the Denver flag is a better design, but even that feels ripe for co-opting by transplants.

spacer.png

Chicago and San Francisco fans (and I assume former city residents) moving to Colorado and then crapping on "transplants" and the state flag seems pretty ironic.

I was noting for my oldest son how at most Avalanche games, whenever a team like Boston, Chicago, NYR/NYI, etc. visit, the crowd of visiting fans is absurdly thick, because natives know we can sell the tickets to the new transplants for a mint and basically pay for the season ticket package in one game.

It never goes the other way around, because Colorado people rarely leave for the perpetually grey, crime-infested, bung hole cities out east.

In fact, my son is using this to build a portion of his senior thesis, tracing eastern city residential flight by tracking visiting jerseys at western venues. Could be an interesting bit of research.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 3
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

spacer.png

Maybe it because I don't live in Colorado anymore, but I have always loved the flag. It's so beautiful and the most iconic of all the state flags. I'm bummed I never grabbed a Rockies hat with that logo.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

I was noting for my oldest son how at most Avalanche games, whenever a team like Boston, Chicago, NYR/NYI, etc. visit, the crowd of visiting fans is absurdly thick, because natives know we can sell the tickets to the new transplants for a mint and basically pay for the season ticket package in one game.

It never goes the other way around, because Colorado people rarely leave for the perpetually grey, crime-infested, bung hole cities out east.

Damn dude, that's some serious cope over two people saying they don't like the state flag.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Eyeroll 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Captain Poncho said:

Please. Go on...

• LOL 8

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, MDGP said:

Damn dude, that's some serious cope over two people saying they don't like the state flag.

I mean, I think it’s a good flag. I just like Denver’s flag way more and I go out of my way to avoid looking like a “transplant” with tacky flag merch. I did the same when I lived in Milwaukee, as I never owned merch of the People’s Flag.

“Flags as Merch” is how we get to the New Zealand flag referendum (which thankfully failed) and why I’m starting to find the bluntness of “Seal on a Bedsheet” refreshing. You can’t really make that bad design marketable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Maybe it because I don't live in Colorado anymore, but I have always loved the flag. It's so beautiful and the most iconic of all the state flags. I'm bummed I never grabbed a Rockies hat with that logo.

Arizona and Maryland both raise an objection...

• Like 6
  • Eyeroll 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, raz said:

As does Texas... 

I'd like to tack on Ohio as being more iconic, and New Mexico as being more beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

10 minutes ago, MDGP said:

I'd like to tack on Ohio as being more iconic, and New Mexico as being more beautiful.

Alright, so...

1) Arizona

2.) Maryland

3.) New Mexico

4.) Ohio (only because it's the only swallowtail...)

Everything else after that is up for debate, but none of them are cracking the top 4.

This is my word...and as such is beyond contestation.*

*in my Prince Edward of Wales voice*

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

27 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Alright, so...

1) Arizona

2.) Maryland

3.) New Mexico

4.) Ohio (only because it's the only swallowtail...)

Everything else after that is up for debate, but none of them are cracking the top 4.

This is my word...and as such is beyond contestation.*

*in my Prince Edward of Wales voice*

Oregon has a unique design on either side of our flag. I think that gets us in the top 5.

11 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Maryland flag isn’t as great as people make it out to be

— Signed

A Marylander

It's better than Colorado's...

- Signed

A Former South Dakotan Who's a Current Arkansan but was raised a Floridian 

21 minutes ago, Krona said:

Oregon has a unique design on either side of our flag. I think that gets us in the top 5.

Maybe top 25. It’s still just a gold shield on a blue field like many other states. I definitely wouldn’t put it top 5 just because there’s an easter egg.

• Like 2