2024 NFL Changes

11 hours ago, thisguyphelps said:

Im co with this if it means the return of faux leather helmets

Ok, but the Washington ones from RG3's rookie year were and still are phenomenal. If you're going to do faux-leather that's the way to do it!

• Like 6
  • Love 4

I'm curious about the Color Rush uniforms with this helmet option. The CR jerseys could benefit from this because the uniforms that looked best to me were the ones that matched the helmets.

There may be a positive to this. If teams create a white helmet to complete the all-white look, that look may end up being restricted to an alternate/CR status and have its use capped.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

15 hours ago, HOOVER said:

These White/White combos don't suck at all...in large part because the teams wear White helmets.

I always advised my clients:  White helmet = White pants.  If you wear a dark pant under a White helmet & White jersey, you're just going to have a very unbalanced, bottom-heavy look.  The exception was teams that had a very light color that they wanted to use for a pant, such as the Chargers with Yellow pants or the Buccaneers with Creamsicle Orange pants, or the Dolphins in Aqua pants.  Even then, it's slightly unbalanced and just doesn't look as good as White/White/White/contrasting sock.  

Examples of this being a bad combination:

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

96bae345-5972-40f5-985e-cc87eb86890e-USA

As a Husker fan, couldn't disagree more.  I love Nebraska's road look.  And I think the Colts looked better above than they do now.   Nothing wrong with that Cards uni combo either.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I can't wait for City Connect (or whatever Nike will choose to call them) helmets.

Nike isn't repsonsible for helmets

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

And there you have it.

-1200Wx1200H-000000000008057203-1.png

Second picture doesn't work anymore. What helmet was that?

4r2eer.png

So I'm still not certain about this rule. I understand a team like the Eagles can have their standard Midnight Green, Kelly, and ALT Black. But could a team Like the  Vikings have alternate White and Gold Helmets with no historical precedence? 

6 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

So I'm still not certain about this rule. I understand a team like the Eagles can have their standard Midnight Green, Kelly, and ALT Black. But could a team Like the  Vikings have alternate White and Gold Helmets with no historical precedence? 

For throwbacks, no. Those helmets must be historically compatible with the uniforms. But for standard alternates and Color Rush, they must use one of their current colors. At least that's how I read it. For example, the 49ers could create a red helmet for their throwbacks, but the Patriots can't.

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The rule doesn't say teams have to have three helmets, just that they can.  The raiders do fine with just one. Let's not go assuming things here.

I would think more than half the league would take the opportunity to go all-in with what they can do by making additions. Sure, the Raiders and Packers might not make any additions...but let's look at the NFC South, for example. I would think that entire division ends up rotating through helmets pretty regularly.

Unpopular opinion: I don't hate the 3 helmet rule

Alternate helmets can only be paired with alternate jerseys. It doesn't seem like the NFL has any intention of dropping the "3 alternate games per year" rule. So we still will only see alternate looks 3 times a year, with the primary looks still taking up 14 games a year. I think a lot of posters on here are blowing this out of proportion. The NFL is still not allowing mix-and-match with the helmets

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

As much as I hate the City Connect nonsense the NBA is doing, at least I can understand it considering they play 82 regular season games every year, plus anywhere from 4-28 postseason games.

In the NFL we only have 17 (soon to be 18) games plus playoffs. This is getting ridiculous.

If the NFL is gonna do this, they could at least mandate that unis be coordinated...if one team is wearing a throwback for a game, then BOTH teams should. Same with alts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The rule doesn't say teams have to have three helmets, just that they can.  The raiders do fine with just one. Let's not go assuming things here.

Everyone here is losing their minds for nothing. Just assuming the NFL will become a free-for-all where every team has multiple helmets and wears a different uniform every week. 

Is it too much to ask to just wait and see what happens? There's literally no reason to start freaking out because of hypothetical situations that may never come to fruition. Just because the NBA, MLB and NHL have been going nuts with uniforms lately, doesn't automatically mean the NFL will follow suit. 

As far as we know teams are still limited to 3 alternate uniform/helmet uses and all alternates are required to tie in with the overall branding and colors of the team. So no, crazy "city connect" uniforms are not happening.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Everyone here is losing their minds for nothing. Just assuming the NFL will become a free-for-all where every team has multiple helmets and wears a different uniform every week. 

Is it too much to ask to just wait and see what happens? There's literally no reason to start freaking out because of hypothetical situations that may never come to fruition. Just because the NBA, MLB and NHL have been going nuts with uniforms lately, doesn't automatically mean the NFL will follow suit. 

As far as we know teams are still limited to 3 alternate uniform/helmet uses and all alternates are required to tie in with the overall branding and colors of the team. So no, crazy "city connect" uniforms are not happening.

I hear you. Not every team will use multiple helmets, there are still use restrictions, and this may even have some positive impact. It's ironic that so many people wanting the NFL to show restraint seem to have none of their own.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't think teams need 3 alternate helmets and 5 alternate uniforms for a 17-game season. But young fans like them and it's revenue for the NFL. I get it. Just don't want to see it evolve into what's happened in the NBA, where teams pick colors and styles out of a hat and you can't even recognize them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6uXNWAo.png

24 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't hate the 3 helmet rule

Alternate helmets can only be paired with alternate jerseys. It doesn't seem like the NFL has any intention of dropping the "3 alternate games per year" rule. So we still will only see alternate looks 3 times a year, with the primary looks still taking up 14 games a year. I think a lot of posters on here are blowing this out of proportion. The NFL is still not allowing mix-and-match with the helmets

Yet.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1