2024 NFL Changes

10 minutes ago, ruttep said:

If this happens, it will be interesting to see if new football helmets continue with signature vents/grooves, or not, since they wouldn't be visible under these caps.

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Bears did that quite a bit in the 2000's. They went white over white for all of 2001, 2002, and 2003 (save one game). Then they went back to it for a bunch of games in 2006 (that Hester pick is from his legendary game against the Rams in St. Louis). Back to navy pants in 2007 but then went all white for the entirety of 2008.

They seemed poised to continue that trend in 2009... and then this happened:

chi_cutler_100th_start_04.jpg

They haven't worn that look since and indicators are that ownership won't permit it.

I dont understand the hate for the look by ownership. It is a look they wore up until the mid 80's and  it isnt like Virginia McCaskey hasn't seen them before.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Beats me. I used to play it. In that game it also had  the 49ers and Rams with an all gold uniform as an option, but they never used it in real life. The Jaguars had an all teal in the game, and this was many years before they started wearing the combo in real life.

i also remember the 49ers had a '1980's white pants' option that had Red/Gold/Red striping, that was around madden 13-15 though

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Bears did that quite a bit in the 2000's. They went white over white for all of 2001, 2002, and 2003 (save one game). Then they went back to it for a bunch of games in 2006 (that Hester pick is from his legendary game against the Rams in St. Louis). Back to navy pants in 2007 but then went all white for the entirety of 2008.

They haven't worn that look since and indicators are that ownership won't permit it.

Good.  I'd be fine never seeing all navy again either.  Leave that to the Broncos.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Jacksonville with another announcement tomorrow morning

If that's a teal helmet, it'll be alright. If that's a white helmet, I'm gonna throw things.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

No offense to Bears fans, but I think the Bears look better on the road when they wear the navy pants with their white jerseys.

14082931_111923-ls-bears-lions-img-780x4

usa_today_19295400.jpg

Meanwhile in the AFC, when Denver did this combo, this made me wish they went with an orange swoosh on the white jersey. Orange socks would've hepled too.

c38201bd-ab7c-4d63-9fb2-037ac524c82e_162

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

So let me get this straight, you put another cap on top of a cap that goes on top of a helmet all in order to prevent concussion related issues? So the idea is to make athletes flying across a field at 100 mph wear something heavier on their head than a normal helmet? You would think all that :censored: on your head would just bog down your movement and give you neck problems.

• LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

My main problem with the current guardian cap policy is that they clearly look different than helmets without the cap, even with the cover that's meant to mimic the helmet design. There needs to be some consistency: Either no one should wear them, or everyone should.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ruttep said:

My main problem with the current guardian cap policy is that they clearly look different than helmets without the cap, even with the cover that's meant to mimic the helmet design. There needs to be some consistency: Either no one should wear them, or everyone should.

you could make that statement about a lot of uniform elements in the NFL today lol. sock color (and length), cleat color, having jerseys tucked in..

• Like 2

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Absolutely did not need these. 

shocker,I'll say it again,  all teams will have a white lid soon.  I'm guessing the players wanted this because ->ALL WHITE=TIGHT.  They could have a beautiful teal helmet/ gold facemask combo that NO ONE else in the league has.  Why do all these teams all want to look the same? 

Edited by lahaye7
frustration
  • Like 7

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

13 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

angry-panda-throwing-table-things-qq53hu

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||