2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Best look they've shown so far, by a mile...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wear those pants and socks, home and road.

THIS uniform design is what I picture when I think of the Detroit Lions. The previous set was decent, but this is perfection.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

The pants striping still seems a little unnecessarily complicated.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don’t know if it’s just my TV but the blue decals and face mask on the Lions helmet seems to match the blue jersey a lot more compared to a few weeks ago where the decals and face mask  seemed to be a lighter shade of blue than the blue accents on the white uniforms.

• Like 1

There's one little nitpick with the Jets rebrand that's come to light this preseason

They're using this secondary way too much

GVx6Y-yWUAAmOk5?format=jpg&name=large

When it was known they were going to go back to that logo I made note that sometimes video games like NFL Quarterback Club put a green oval on the logo to help it stick out a bit more. But I feel like this go round while that application could be useful in TV graphics packages here and there, the Jets themselves are going a bit too overboard with it, including using it as the midfield logo. They should've just done the helmet as the midfield logo like the Giants are doing. As it stands, it looks too much of having cake and eating it too by merging the two primary logos together like that

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I don't recall QB Club doing that, but very much remember Madden doing it to mimic Fox's early graphics.  Complete with the blank orange oval for the Browns.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

It was raining that day. I think the wet fabric just projects darker.

Yeah - the Cowboys' pants are infamously mismatched, but they looked especially egregious Week 1 last year when they played in a downpour against the Giants

spacer.png

The wet fabric was noticeable enough that people outside this forum were calling it out

• Like 2
  • Hurl 2

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Yeah - the Cowboys' pants are infamously mismatched, but they looked especially egregious Week 1 last year when they played in a downpour against the Giants

spacer.png

The wet fabric was noticeable enough that people outside this forum were calling it out

Those pants are basically from the 2010-era Titans! 

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

WOAH!!! That does not look pretty without the helmet matching. The helmet doesn't match like the 1964-1980 ones.

Makes sense that the Lions would do any color testing inside Ford Field, and in other environments, the decals and facemask would not replicate as well with different lighting setups

• Like 5

Watching the Denver vs Arizona game on TV right now. It's definitely the odd pants stripe that brings down the look of their new uniforms. I don't know what gimmick they're trying to achieve by having one stripe abruptly stop about a quarter of the way down the side, but they would've looked way better with both stripes running the full length of the pants. Now that Washington is a few years deep into their current look, another team might as well adopt the twin/dual pants stripes.

I have no issues with their new jerseys.

They should have either kept the old helmet stripe or gone without a stripe, because new stripe on the back of their helmets are practically invisible in action.

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

WOAH!!! That does not look pretty without the helmet matching. The helmet doesn't match like the 1964-1980 ones.

It's the pants that don't match, the helmet has been the same color since 1964. The pants used to be grayer and looked better with the helmet until1974, and when they adopted the navy blue jerseys in 1981 they brought in silver pants since the blue-green pants they wore with the white jerseys would have looked terrible.

The pants worn with the white jerseys look even more ridiculous now, but that's not surprising for a team that can't even match it's blues or silvers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

It's the pants that don't match, the helmet has been the same color since 1964. The pants used to be grayer and looked better with the helmet until1974, and when they adopted the navy blue jerseys in 1981 they brought in silver pants since the blue-green pants they wore with the white jerseys would have looked terrible.

The pants worn with the white jerseys look even more ridiculous now, but that's not surprising for a team that can't even match it's blues or silvers.

According to @TruColor and his wonderful site, the Cowboys’ helmet has changed shades multiple times since 1964. It’s definitely less blue than it used to be. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

The Saints are in the same road as the Cowboys with the different golds.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

According to @TruColor and his wonderful site, the Cowboys’ helmet has changed shades multiple times since 1964. It’s definitely less blue than it used to be. 

Yes, it is less blue. I think the blue shade on the helmets was slowly deteriorating in 1984 when Bum Bright bought the team. Then it just was regular Dallas Silver with minimal blue in it by 1989.

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That does appear to be the case, although to my eyes their helmets have always looked silver and I thought that's why they introduced the silver pants in 1981 to go with the new navy blue jersey...otherwise they could have used their 'normal pants' and it would have looked okay but apparently it did not.

The Cowboys were even considering adopting a jersey that was the same color as their pants (worn with white jersey) and white pants to wear at home instead of always wearing white at home around that time too. I can't find it on the Uniwatch site but remember seeing an article there at one point about it.

Just found a reference from the NY Times in January 1981: https://www.nytimes.com/1981/01/15/sports/cowboys-to-wash-out-blue.html

Schramm, in announcing that the uniform would be redesigned before next season, said he had never been happy with the combination of dark blue jersey and silver pants that the Cowboys wear. ''We might go lighter or darker, I don't know,'' Schramm said, ''We've even thought about making a jersey from the color of our pants and wearing white pants on the road.''

• Like 5

Not sure where the best place is to post these, but I have finally made time to update my annual NFL helmet graphics. Since we're getting a lot more alternate helmets now, I have split out the helmets that are labeled "alternate" helmets vs. the ones labeled as "Color Rush". These designations don't always make sense IMO. But, I'm going with how they are listed in the teams' style guide.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 16
  • Love 6