2024 NFL Changes

12 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

In a vacuum, I think most of the teams in the league could make white helmets work for them, as needless as they would be. What really dictates how they look depends on the uniforms worn with them. Is there striping consistency? Is there color balance? Those would ultimately decide the helmet's place within the uniform set.

I'm not saying that I'm on board with this trend, but if it's going to be a thing, I would at the very least appreciate teams going the extra mile in making sure that these new helmets tie in well enough with what they already have. And if they do add features to compliment the helmet, just don't be lazy about...?

Is there color balance? Well, a big part of the problem is that color balance has fallen out of fashion. If it were still in fashion rather than teams wanting to go head-to-toe monochrome, then white helmets probably wouldn’t even be a trend. It’s not a chicken-or-egg situation - the mono trend goes back farther - but the two are related for sure. 

• Like 1

Teams that have at least one white or black helmet:

Dolphins

Bills

Jets 

Patriots

Browns 

Bengals 

Steelers

Ravens

Colts

Titans

Jaguars 

Broncos

Chargers

Vikings

Packers

Eagles

Cowboys

Commanders

Buccaneers

Panthers

Falcons

Saints

Cardinals

Likelihood of teams that do not to eventually get one:

Chiefs - perhaps the most traditional team at this point with no real alternates of any kind, unlikely

Raiders - feels like only a matter of time before a black or white helmet is added

Giants - probably safe, traditional team with popular throwback looks as is

Lions - probably safe for now since they didn't introduce a black helmet with their new uniforms

Rams - white seems more likely than black, but neither would shock me

49ers - another fairly traditional team with popular throwback looks, hopefully they don't bring back their black uniforms

Texans - white has been rumored/teased but they went a different route and already have dark colored helmets, making black unlikely

Bears - polar bear concept seems inevitable at this point

Seahawks - already wear a dark-colored helmet, might not be a likely candidate

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I wasn't doubting you.

I was telling you you were wrong. The picture you posted featured Roman Gabriel at QB for the Eagles. It didn't have the NFL 50 patch on the shoulder. It had the Washington team wearing its Indian head logo. None of those occurred in the 60s.

As I stated, I was only talking about the helmets, which they did wear in the '60s, so I was correct.  I even acknowledged that the jersey was from later years.

I went back and analyzed the 39,700 posts of mine that are still viewable here.  I'm sure there were a bunch that were lost during upgrades over the years.

Of those 39,700, 71 (or 0.179%) have been wrong.  Of those 71, 19 were "MOD EDIT"ed, which typically means that the person was correct, just profane (or quoted a profane post.). Therefore, we're down to 51 incorrect, or more importantly, 19 more correct ones, for an increase in correctness of 27%.  If we extrapolate that out, that brings us to 50,419 correct posts.

Of the 51 that were still incorrect, 34 of them were in the wrestling thread, which doesn't even count.  So that takes us from 51 incorrect to 17 incorrect, which again, represents a total of an additional 33% correct, which can logically be extrapolated out to bring the new total to 67,051 correct posts. 

Now if you take the 17 that were legitimately incorrect, and divide by the total correct, we're now at an incorrect percentage of 0.025%, or a success rate of 99.975%.

If you can find another member with 39,700 posts, of which 67,051 were correct, then I'll tip my cap to you and be on my way.  Even Draft Kings won't take bets on the correctness of my posts.

The numbers don't lie.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

As I stated, I was only talking about the helmets, which they did wear in the '60s, so I was correct.  I even acknowledged that the jersey was from later years.

I went back and analyzed the 39,700 posts of mine that are still viewable here.  I'm sure there were a bunch that were lost during upgrades over the years.

Of those 39,700, 71 (or 0.179%) have been wrong.  Of those 71, 19 were "MOD EDIT"ed, which typically means that the person was correct, just profane (or quoted a profane post.). Therefore, we're down to 51 incorrect, or more importantly, 19 more correct ones, for an increase in correctness of 27%.  If we extrapolate that out, that brings us to 50,419 correct posts.

Of the 51 that were still incorrect, 34 of them were in the wrestling thread, which doesn't even count.  So that takes us from 51 incorrect to 17 incorrect, which again, represents a total of an additional 33% correct, which can logically be extrapolated out to bring the new total to 67,051 correct posts. 

Now if you take the 17 that were legitimately incorrect, and divide by the total correct, we're now at an incorrect percentage of 0.025%, or a success rate of 99.975%.

If you can find another member with 39,700 posts, of which 67,051 were correct, then I'll tip my cap to you and be on my way.  Even Draft Kings won't take bets on the correctness of my posts.

The numbers don't lie.

I'm not sure how we can trust the accuracy of your statistics when you are wrong so often on this forum 😂

• LOL 1

33 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The numbers don't lie.

how many were objective or had something that could be right or wrong, and not just an opinion?

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Packers helmet proves that no matter how “historic” a team is, there’s not a single team that isn’t untouchable from the alternate helmet bug.

I'm kinda torn on this alternate helmet thing.

I wanted the one helmet rule to go away so we can get throwbacks back, but it was always with the caveat that they come back under the old rules where alts are only allowed for throwbacks. But in the back of mind I always kinda knew OldSchoolVike would be right and Pandora's box would be opened, but as long as the alt helmets were nice and fit the brand I wouldn't mind it. I also thought the traditional teams would have more restraint.

Like the Ravens and Lions alt helmets are beautiful. The Panthers and Texans are nice. The Bengals fits the theme they're going for.

But like the Bears? The Packers? The Cowboys? Really? These teams needed non-throwback alternate helmets? No, they did not. The Packers (and the Jaguars, but more on them later) didn't even try. You couldn't put a yellow stripe down the middle and have a green mask, if you wanted to do this? The Eagles is almost as pointless as the Cowboys. Their normal green helmet is so dark I can't even tell that they're wearing the black.

Back to the Jaguars, you had teal staring you right their in the face and it could have been as beautiful as the Ravens and Lions, but nope boring white color swap to your already boring practice uniforms. 

(The Colts are another team. Why not a blue helmet instead of BFBS? And I like the Vikings in a vacuum, but it doesn't need to exist.)

It's AHFAHS with some of these teams.

Like I said in an earlier post hopefully this is just a dark time in history and this trend goes away soon and we're just left with the nicer alt helmets that make sense and throwbacks.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

20 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's from the 70s.

Philadelphia Eagles white helmets was from 1968-1973. They went back to green lids in 1974.

9 hours ago, NH4 said:

GT5gHxUWMAAWBfg?format=jpg&name=900x900

GT5gHxVWQAAIQFS?format=jpg&name=small

No gold on the helmet but on the jersey and pants is a terrible choice

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Teams that have at least one white or black helmet:

Dolphins

Bills

Jets 

Patriots

Browns 

Bengals 

Steelers

Ravens

Colts

Titans

Jaguars 

Broncos

Chargers

Vikings

Packers

Eagles

Cowboys

Commanders

Buccaneers

Panthers

Falcons

Saints

Cardinals

Likelihood of teams that do not to eventually get one:

Chiefs - perhaps the most traditional team at this point with no real alternates of any kind, unlikely

Raiders - feels like only a matter of time before a black or white helmet is added

Giants - probably safe, traditional team with popular throwback looks as is

Lions - probably safe for now since they didn't introduce a black helmet with their new uniforms

Rams - white seems more likely than black, but neither would shock me

49ers - another fairly traditional team with popular throwback looks, hopefully they don't bring back their black uniforms

Texans - white has been rumored/teased but they went a different route and already have dark colored helmets, making black unlikely

Bears - polar bear concept seems inevitable at this point

Seahawks - already wear a dark-colored helmet, might not be a likely candidate

The Rams will do this,

LosAngelesRamsRiddellFlashHelmet05_79f86

• Like 3

Am I the only one that LOVES that look for the Packers? I adore three slightly different styles of stripes, so modern! They should go to it full time. Not sure if I need an /s on this.

4 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

The Rams will do this,

LosAngelesRamsRiddellFlashHelmet05_79f86

A gold helmet? That could pair really well with...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

57 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Am I the only one that LOVES that look for the Packers? I adore three slightly different styles of stripes, so modern! They should go to it full time. Not sure if I need an /s on this.

A gold helmet? That could pair really well with...

If they make it yellow instead of gold, it will work. If not, that means they have to use that shade.

I like the all-white as a concept for Green Bay, but it's so strange for the helmet to have no yellow. Also, they should've worn all white for a Nov/Dec snow game and not October. I know Minnesota has the same thing going for them but, unlike Green Bay, they don't have the balls to play outside

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

The numbers don't lie.

71-19 is 52, not 51. So I suppose you have 20 wrong posts now. 

Red socks and numbers would improve this set considerably, but as it isn’t bad at all. I miss the previous shade of navy a bit, but it’s not awful. Numbers look a bit less wonky than I thought they would, they look just fine from a distance. There’s a lot of things I’d change about this set, yet it still looks just fine. It’s definitely bolder and has more personality than the previous set. I’ll miss the simplicity, but this is a good modern set.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I dig the new Texans uniforms. The horn design element looks great from the front, from the back it looks typical jersey striping. Kinda like a subtle transition from modern to traditional. 

Did the Texans metallicize their helmet logo (like the Cards did)? Red looks the have a metallic sheen. 

NYCdog.png

5 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

71-19 is 52, not 51. So I suppose you have 20 wrong posts now. 

This is a wrong post. It would be 19. The incorrect math while calling out someone else’s incorrect math cancels out the original incorrectness, therefore we’re at 18. 

(Hoping my drunk math is right)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."