College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

On 7/10/2024 at 10:13 AM, nuordr said:

Miami Hurricanes Black Uniforms; 

I hate adidas but these are well-done.   Classic design and consistent striping but with new age materials, fit, and finishing.  The perforated numbers with glossy printed outline is a trend I do like on classically styled uniforms as it gives it just a little bit of something new without being horrifically stylistic.  

I still don't like BFBS, but it's going to happen everywhere (because recruiting).  But if it's done tastefully, it doesn't drive me mad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm not impressed. They look like Colorado uniforms with Purdue's name slapped on the front.

Colorado doesn't have any stripes. 

These sleeve stripes do have some history behind them:

Fred Akers, Purdue football head coach 1987-90

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I've learned over time a new uniform is not officially unveiled until a player model screams into the camera

Or makes the GHT....Gloved Hand Triangle.

Or the BBF...Basic Bicep Flex.

For once, I'd just like someone to do the Heisman.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nice.  Glad to see the little league train track goofiness has been dumped. 

Yes, they look like Purdue again.

And Colorado.

And Army.

And UCF.  

And Vanderbilt.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

IMG-8660.webp

Middle Tennessee is also going back to an old striping pattern, albeit swapping the colors and removing the helmet (!!) logo from the sleeve. 

I like these MTSU and Purdue sets a lot more after knowing they’re old sets repurposed and not just stripes for stripes sake (if there is such a thing). I know I’ve praised the traditional boom this offseason, but it was starting to look like Nike was just reusing the same two templates. 

Wouldn’t have minded a train-based look for Purdue, but these definitely work. Do think a darker gold would help it pop tho. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

49 minutes ago, wentvoltage123 said:

Are all new Nike uniforms just going to be this same boring template?

Give me stripes all day long instead of the boring Texas look we've had for years. 

• Like 7

spacer.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

The use of Michigan State's numbers reeks of "mid-major catalogue order", but otherwise they look nice.

That's probably exactly what those numbers (and stripe pattern) were...standard-issue catalog order. And after seeing MTSU (down below), I'm convinced of such. 

Still though, i agree...really nice turnout overall.

54 minutes ago, wentvoltage123 said:

Are all new Nike uniforms just going to be this same boring template?

Again...standard-issue catalog orders. That's on the teams, not Nike. (At least for the most part.)

5 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

IMG-8660.webp

Total aside, but MAN...remember how big shoulder pads--and jersey sleeves--used to be??

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Yes... identical. 

If you're partially blind.

And that doesn't even include Wake Forest!

(Or Idaho--but then, who's really checking for the Vandals??)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

38 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Yes, they look like Purdue again.

And Colorado.

And Army.

And UCF.  

And Vanderbilt.  

At least with Vanderbilt, they have figured out how to match the gold helmet with the gold pants better than anyone else on the list. It is not perfect, but it is better than the kkahi pants the other teams wear. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Idaho switched back to Yellow after dropping to FCS

IMG-8661.jpg

Oh...was not aware. (Of the color switch or their dropping to FCS.) I stand corrected. And as a big fan of the color yellow, I find myself liking those quite a bit...especially since I've long wondered how yellow and "silver" would look as it's own colorway (which I know this is not, but still...)

25 minutes ago, nuordr said:

At least with Vanderbilt, they have figured out how to match the gold helmet with the gold pants better than anyone else on the list. It is not perfect, but it is better than the kkahi pants the other teams wear. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

This looks so good...I cannot fathom for the life of me how we went from this to the super-pale washed-out khaki excuse for "gold" we started getting toward the tail end of the aughts...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||