College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

The anthracite jerseys have white numbers with black outlines (a pretty useless alternate really)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The new Oregon State unis are a mild upgrade IMO. Their last set was plagued by inconsistent striping, now all the unis have the same stripe (it’s arguably *too* consistent now). Glossy black lids just look right for them and the white lid is fantastic. Need to see them put the script Beavers logo on there at some point as more of a proper callback to the late 80’s/early 90’s white lids. The anthracite uni is extremely unnecessary & easily the worst of the four. The white uni is the best of the four, although one minor nitpick is the black stripes on the pants seem a bit too thin compared to the jersey and helmet stripes. The Beaver tail pattern in the numbers is a nice, subtle touch.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

New Purdue jerseys seem nice and normal. Looking forward to seeing them on the video game.  I like the ea play subscription where I can just get all the games about 8 months after release instead of buying full price and not playing enough to justify.  Kid is a Michigan fan which should be a fair handicap against purdue, don't think he's ready for sports video games yet!

10 hours ago, Janet_Jones said:

These jerseys definitely look like they came from a Team Catalog order. The smaller homeplate embroidery patch and the embroidered Nike Swoosh instead of a sewn-on patch are dead giveaways. The BIG10 patch also looks like a cheaper piece of twill rather than high-quality embroidery.

The differences in the PURDUE twill wordmark between the black and white jerseys are telling. The two outlines on the black jersey and the single outline on the white one suggest they were likely done locally and not at the factory. Plus, the kisscut stitching on the numbers does seem sloppier compared to factory standards.

Why does this feel like a response made by ChatGPT?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, OchentaYOcho88 said:

There is a company based out of New York called ProJerseys Inc. that does a lot of uniform adornment for teams like Western Kentucky, Army, James Madison, UCF... I wonder if maybe Purdue used them. 

There are several companies that do that, at least.  AdPro Sports does a lot of NFL & NHL work, they're out of Buffalo.   Atlanta Embroidery & Twill is a company I used to use.   Image Apparel Solutions in Illinois, who just rebranded to IAS Branding, does a ton of pro/college work, too. 

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That's fine different opinions are welcome.

While I agree that matching numbers are a general rule, like all uniform rules, if you break in the right way I think it can be terrific.

Here, the contrasting sleeve numbers are adding a burst of orange color to an otherwise unadorned jersey. There are other ways to get a little orange into the design but this is an interesting way of doing while still leaving the jersey itself a numbers only affair.

Yeap...just ain't my cup of tea.

• Applause 1

Virginia Tech's new uniforms really do work for me, count me in as a fan of that change. I like Oregon State's too, but I'll say I did like their last set. It was unique and something new that was still tasteful as a football uniform too. 

• Like 1

KtHjnlJ.png

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

New Oregon State unis...a mixtape of sorts IMO as the white helmets are nod to the early 90s, the black helmets a nod to the late 90s...

Time out...a uniform reveal shot under the lights??? Where the games will actually be played??  What a novel idea!!!

Anyway, pointless anthracite alternate is pointless...but I do like how they [appear to have] standardized the shoulder striping. That may well become their signature "thing" now (well until some mid-major D1 AA or D2 school starts using it)...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/10/2024 at 11:21 AM, aawagner011 said:

I hear what you’re saying, and agree completely regarding basketball, but these patches are not the same size.

spacer.png

Another reference point against Alabama. Their away jerseys use a ghosted white outline which blends into the jersey, making it appear slightly smaller, but still bigger than Auburn’s patch.

spacer.png

If I had to guess I would think it would be for symmetry.  The Nike swoosh is definitely wider than the UA logo so it may look off if you had a large SEC logo and a small UA logo. Here is the only picture I could find that shows the SEC logo for both UGA and USC. It looks like the USC one is smaller as well but who knows. spacer.png

I guess we will find out next year when Auburn goes to Nike. 

3 minutes ago, Moontime said:

If I had to guess I would think it would be for symmetry.  The Nike swoosh is definitely wider than the UA logo so it may look off if you had a large SEC logo and a small UA logo. Here is the only picture I could find that shows the SEC logo for both UGA and USA. It looks like the USC one is smaller as well but who knows. spacer.png

The outgoing UA template also had "notches" for the conference and UA patches that would have made the larger patch look awkward. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The anthracite jerseys have white numbers with black outlines (a pretty useless alternate really)

These only exist to make the recruits go "these threads are dope 🔥🔥🔥" or whatever.  They could have taken the opportunity to change the front wordmark, shoulder stripes, anything.  Instead they decided to barely even try.  The kids will eat it up anyway because anthracite is apparently still cool (can we please leave 2015 behind already?).

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

I think Oregon State downgraded but they're still good uniforms, better than most of the other reveals so far this offseason.  The grey jersey is stupid but at least they're back to using regular white. I will miss the matte black helmets with the single orange stripe, I thought those were perfect. 

• Like 2

Believe we saw a leak of the jersey, but here’s the full Tennessee smokey gray update. Most notable features include the state flag design on the sleeves, chest wordmark, and asymmetrical helmet and pants stripes. Otherwise it’s pretty standard affair from what we’ve come to know the smokey grays as.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 5/29/2024 at 12:48 PM, Rygi13 said:

I'd love to see a modern take on those uniforms!
QYpdHEW.png

EDIT: Although I wish they would also go back to a deeper orange.
vafhI6U.png

NICE! This is something of the Bears, but much better. The Illini outdid themselves with pure, modern-classic uniforms.

On 7/11/2024 at 11:40 AM, nuordr said:

At least with Vanderbilt, they have figured out how to match the gold helmet with the gold pants better than anyone else on the list. It is not perfect, but it is better than the kkahi pants the other teams wear. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Vanderbelt is smarter in that because they do what the Dallas Cowboys do in getting pants from different manufacturers.

• Like 5