College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

It seems like there is a new trend in town and it combines the worst of blackouts and whiteouts... welcome to a world of BWFBWS (Black and white for black and white's sake). 

Adidas Texas A&M Aggies ADIZERO Strategy Jersey - CLEAR

Iowa State unveils new white & black uniform combo – CycloneFanatic.com |  CycloneFanatic: The Internet's most popular site for fans of the Iowa State  Cyclones

New Uniforms for Iowa State Football — UNISWAG

I don't get it... it draws all character out of a uniform and spits on your school's identity for no reason other than "it looks cool". I'm hoping this is just a short fad because hooo boy... if it's not, we are in for a long winter, so to speak.

• Like 12
  • Facepalm 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

42 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Didn't UCF mess around with QR codes on helmets for stats or something and the whole thing was ineffective? Seems like one or two other schools tried to make QR codes on helmets work but it never panned out. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What do they expect people to do with that QR code? In all seriousness. Pausing their TVs and trying to scan a player’s helmet upon close-up? I would say that’s a not-smart idea. 

edit: and specific to each player? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Or is that just worded poorly? I’ll have to look into this when I get the time. I’m befuddled 😂

• Like 5

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Didn't UCF mess around with QR codes on helmets for stats or something and the whole thing was ineffective? Seems like one or two other schools tried to make QR codes on helmets work but it never panned out. 

UCF threw their players Twitter handles on their spring game jerseys. There may have been QR codes that brought up all of their social media. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

UCF threw their players Twitter handles on their spring game jerseys. There may have been QR codes that brought up all of their social media. 

They had QR codes that replaced their back numbers for the 2022 Spring Game.

626073fb69ae0.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

The twitter handles on the name plate was in 2021

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, kb105 said:

They had QR codes that replaced their back numbers for the 2022 Spring Game.

626073fb69ae0.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

The twitter handles on the name plate was in 2021

8 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

This is college football's version of "any publicity is good publicity" even if the idea isn't very practical.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 hours ago, LEWJ said:

What do they expect people to do with that QR code? In all seriousness. Pausing their TVs and trying to scan a player’s helmet upon close-up? I would say that’s a not-smart idea. 

edit: and specific to each player? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Or is that just worded poorly? I’ll have to look into this when I get the time. I’m befuddled 😂

Just following up on this topic, before it falls into the abyss (where it belongs 😂)

The QR code will be on the back of each helmet and will feature the player's name and number in the design. While OSU officials said they don't expect the codes to be visible from the stands, close shots during broadcasts and postgame pictures posted to social media are expected to raise the team's NIL value throughout the year.

they will be on each player's bag tag for use during "The Walk" on game days and for travel. A QR code will also be placed on coasters in the premium areas of Boone Pickens Stadium, on signage throughout the stadium and on the OSU football equipment truck, according to the news release.

via:

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-state-football-helmets-qr-codes-nil-fund/61926074

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On 8/20/2024 at 1:15 AM, SSmith48 said:

It seems like there is a new trend in town and it combines the worst of blackouts and whiteouts... welcome to a world of BWFBWS (Black and white for black and white's sake). 

I don't get it... it draws all character out of a uniform and spits on your school's identity for no reason other than "it looks cool". I'm hoping this is just a short fad because hooo boy... if it's not, we are in for a long winter, so to speak.

An... icy winter, perhaps? 😛

ExJworW.png

Fresno-Splash1-e1724208669213.jpg

Fresno State and UTSA are on the trend now as well. This is the second BFBS uniform for UTSA. I actually like that they're using the full roadrunner on these instead of just copying and pasting in monochrome black. 

UTSA-blackhelmet-scaled.jpg

UTSA-black3-e1724161254457.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

White helmets are returning at Texas A&M

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

17 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

McNeese of the Southland Conference unveiled a *🙄* Icy white and tight uniform  

https://x.com/McNeeseFB/status/1826051277207515185

Games...are...played...in...the...LLLIIIIIIIGGGHHTT!!!

That said, this is the first time I've gotten an up-close look at McNeese's team font...that there be pretty nice!!

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/20/2024 at 12:15 AM, SSmith48 said:

Adidas Texas A&M Aggies ADIZERO Strategy Jersey - CLEAR

Do we know what the rest of Texas A&M's black uniforms look like? are they using white helmets and pants? Black helmets and pants? A mix of both?

Also the Pitt one isn't bad. At least it has school colors in the numbers and name.

• Like 1

Georgia Tech with a Celtic knot for their opening game in Ireland against Florida State. The idea is fine, but you won’t be able to see any of the details (for both the stripe and the GT logo) if you’re more than 10 feet away.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Georgia Tech with a Celtic knot for their opening game in Ireland against Florida State. The idea is fine, but you won’t be able to see any of the details (for both the stripe and the GT logo) if you’re more than 10 feet away.

I think it'll work fine on TV.  I'm assuming fans will be able to see some pattern from the stands but probably won't get a great look at the detail at the stadium. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.