24-25 NBA changes

DJT

3 hours ago, DJT said:

We know the Clippers are getting a new look.

Aren't the Rockets or Raptors or Pistons? I thought i've heard of another team making changes.

The Pelicans are getting new uniforms too (icon and association)

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

Maybe the Nike switch threw things off, but there have been <5 year NBA sets recently. 

The new Clippers 1.0 lasted just two years until the Nike switch. 

The Orange/Black Suns faux starbursts lasted four years, also deaded by the Nike switch. 

The Nuggets had a weird phase with a two year font change on the Melo era jerseys than a one year color swap to navy before the new set rolled in. 

The Rockets’ shortened shoulder loops only lasted two years, and the no-panel chevron Raptors only lasted three. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Jazz are already phasing out the yellow, so that should continue.

I'm with Markkanen, I like the bright yellow. Just not a fan of the application.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 hours ago, unisRus said:

Hoping Wolves get a re-brand. Something along the lines of their 75th anniversary mixtape city jersey.  need something that feels like minnesota or timberwolves, not that corporate boring look

This might just be me looking through nostalgia-tinted glasses, but I'd love it if they kept the Classic edition jerseys full time. Even the logo. Watching them play in that set, on that court, just feels right. I also like the updates to the colors they used on the classics. To me, they're a perfect basketball uniform. 

They've also seemingly sold out of all the apparel related to the Classic edition. Either that or was an intentionally limited supply. The jerseys seemed to have been online for a day or two before they were gone. 

I'm hoping that's an indication of high demand. 

• Like 4

I'd really love the Pacers to build a full set around their statement jersey. It is by far their best look, and the white and navy jerseys, while never looking particularly great, are looking extra tired these days.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This might just be me looking through nostalgia-tinted glasses, but I'd love it if they kept the Classic edition jerseys full time. Even the logo. Watching them play in that set, on that court, just feels right. I also like the updates to the colors they used on the classics. To me, they're a perfect basketball uniform. 

They've also seemingly sold out of all the apparel related to the Classic edition. Either that or was an intentionally limited supply. The jerseys seemed to have been online for a day or two before they were gone. 

I'm hoping that's an indication of high demand. 

spacer.png

spacer.png 

Like this?

Would also love to see Utah rebrand to this

sv6alaT.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, PK22 said:

I'd really love the Pacers to build a full set around their statement jersey. It is by far their best look, and the white and navy jerseys, while never looking particularly great, are looking extra tired these days.

Their regular sets were always overthought and over-designed from the beginning (just like the new Clippers logo) and didn't really work, even though there were some interesting elements thought up for the updated identity at the time.  So a new design has long been looked forward to. (I had to actually check if those regular sets were still relevant, since I don't remember when I last saw them worn because of all the City-and-what-not uniform mess that is constantly used instead.)

• Like 2

I dont feel like digging up the image or link but it was back in 2019 when the Pelicans hinted at making their Earned Editions of the time a permanent jersey. a fan asked and they replied with some eyeballs emojis so make what you want out of that....

my guess is that they either bring those back or they save themselves some dye and use a basic side stripe template like for their 2021-22 city jerseys (those were decently popular aswell)

Oleh Kosel 🇺🇦 on X: "With 40 games remaining, New Orleans Pelicans 2019  playoff chances are all over the map https://t.co/dz3qUU5bBI  https://t.co/Cy1l8CuHIU" / X

2022 Playoffs: West First Round | Suns (1) vs. Pelicans (8) | NBA.com

or they may just reuse the template that they currently have on hand for their statement jerseys. which i personally hope is not the case because i despise these jerseys and the generic striping.... 

Toronto Raptors vs New Orleans Pelicans Feb 5, 2024 Game Summary | NBA.com

• Like 5

22 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I dont feel like digging up the image or link but it was back in 2019 when the Pelicans hinted at making their Earned Editions of the time a permanent jersey. a fan asked and they replied with some eyeballs emojis so make what you want out of that....

my guess is that they either bring those back or they save themselves some dye and use a basic side stripe template like for their 2021-22 city jerseys (those were decently popular aswell)

Oleh Kosel 🇺🇦 on X: "With 40 games remaining, New Orleans Pelicans 2019  playoff chances are all over the map https://t.co/dz3qUU5bBI  https://t.co/Cy1l8CuHIU" / X

2022 Playoffs: West First Round | Suns (1) vs. Pelicans (8) | NBA.com

or they may just reuse the template that they currently have on hand for their statement jerseys. which i personally hope is not the case because i despise these jerseys and the generic striping.... 

Toronto Raptors vs New Orleans Pelicans Feb 5, 2024 Game Summary | NBA.com

Would love to see the Pels using the Mardi Gras  or the voodoo colors full time, theres too many blue/red teams in the league imo

• Like 3

EAxx9vc.png
ydgTM0p.png

decided to color the Suns ball orange and add the yellow starburst. 

….I actually, kinda prefer how they are in real life now ? Not sure what it is, but i definitely don’t mind the white ball anymore. Kinda has its own identity. 

• Like 2