24-25 NBA changes

DJT

The Jazz want to "own" a color...

but they want to give the fans their purple back...

but they want to be  ahead of the trends...

but they want a clean and simplified palette.

Lavender and black is right there, being very patient and waiting to be picked.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eRay said:

The Jazz want to "own" a color...

but they want to give the fans their purple back...

but they want to be  ahead of the trends...

but they want a clean and simplified palette.

Lavender and black is right there, being very patient and waiting to be picked.

How about lavender and dark purple? And maybe a medium blue for trim?

2 hours ago, PK22 said:

spacer.png

Loved the Kansas State lavender uniforms from a few years back. Would really love a team to own lavender as a color.

Add some chartreuse to that to really make it "pop". 😃

Spoiler

The colorway would resemble something like this:

Purple%20stripes%20dark.jpg

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, PK22 said:

spacer.png

Loved the Kansas State lavender uniforms from a few years back. Would really love a team to own lavender as a color.

Too much machismo in sports. Nobody in Big 4 will touch pink even for trim (except in October and on Mother’s Day). Most teams that use some form of the color yellow are afraid to use the word. People are obsessed with black making them look tough/intimidating/fast. Ironic that they’re so macho and they play sports, but nobody in the corporatized Big 4 has the BALLS to go with that kind of color. Because God forbid a 12-year-old online says their uniforms look girly. 

7 hours ago, tBBP said:

Add some chartreuse to that to really make it "pop". 😃

Reveal hidden contents

The colorway would resemble something like this:

Purple%20stripes%20dark.jpg

The Joker 🃏 approves. Why so serious? Because we live in a society. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t mind the Jazz using lavander at all. Hell, pair it with dark green, call it  a modern reinterpretation of the Mardi Gras color scheme with distinctively outdoorsy vibes, and you have about as good a fusion of Utah and Jazz as you can have. I doubt they would be able to use lavander as a primary  so they’d might get Bucks comparisons but the Bucks aren’t using purple and green as primary colors anytime soon.

And considering the amount of purple in the NBA and paucity of green, especially in the western conference, it would be smart to focus on green instead of purple.

• Like 1
07Giants.pngnyy.png

50 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

I wouldn't get up my hopes for a Jazz redesign...

They're still only on year two of the yellow set, right? So they can't make any major changes for another three or so years.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 3/27/2024 at 12:18 AM, DJT said:

Supposedly a Jazz beat writer has said that the Jazz will not be bringing back yellow next year. If the 5 year rule is legit I would assume this means the black becomes the icon. 

However the beat writer said the rumors are that it will be a mountain jersey presumably in black, purple and white (yay kings)

NBA has no 5 year rule.

On 3/27/2024 at 9:37 AM, AndrewG70 said:

In fact, just drop the Jazz nickname altogether. Salt Lake City is not known for Jazz music. Choose something else.

This is a situation where outsiders will say this but no one who actually roots for the team feels that way.

So is the consensus on the Jazz savannah banana era that it's mostly a failure?  

On 3/28/2024 at 1:09 AM, Haz_Matt said:

It's kind of funny to see so many people wanting the Jazz to use purple, light blue and copper... Pretty sure I got a lot of crap when I suggested those same colors a few years ago 

Not from me! I always liked how they had copper as an accent color for their 1996-20xx look. 

16 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I wouldn't get up my hopes for a Jazz redesign...

I take this as what I was guessing. Yellow is phased out and replaced by the black as the icon. Then a new statement jersey or perhaps their purple mountain one slides to statement. 

Black and yellow could have worked fine for the Jazz if they had put actual effort into the uniforms. The glorified Summer League gear they farted out in an afternoon would have been poorly received in any color scheme. If they had put out something like their current City Editions, but in black and yellow, I don't think there would have been as many complaints.

• Like 8

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

9 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Black and yellow could have worked fine for the Jazz if they had put actual effort into the uniforms. The glorified Summer League gear they farted out in an afternoon would have been poorly received in any color scheme. If they had put out something like their current City Editions, but in black and yellow, I don't think there would have been as many complaints.

Nike is so blatantly lazy. 

• Yawn 1

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Nike is so blatantly lazy. 

Even though I could rant all day about how I am not happy with Nike's takeover and cheapening of pro sports uniforms, I am pretty sure the owner of the Jazz was the one who cooked up the idea of an ultra-minimalist brand for the future. 

• Like 4

On 3/27/2024 at 8:37 AM, AndrewG70 said:

In fact, just drop the Jazz nickname altogether. Salt Lake City is not known for Jazz music. Choose something else.

"Soon it was commonplace for entire teams to change cities in search of greater profits. The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music."

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Anyone else think the Mavericks should be thinking rebrand (or at least refresh)? I feel like the logo looks stuck in 2005. Something like below with a new wordmark would do wonders. 

tlZH3d0.png

• Like 5